• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training: All my dungeons have gone!

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, so this post makes me feel all newbified and such but here goes.

When it comes to training skills a have a few rule, Rule 1) Always train on monsters! no Gollems :)
Rule 2) train in poopy gear to get the feel of being a newer character... rule 3) loot what i kill and use what I can.

Its kind of just how I have always been.... the last time i trained a fighting skill was right after SA came out) (throwing) and it was on a char that was already buit but became a garg to try throwing.

My old method was basically to use despise from 50 to 120... I would sart with lizard men and work down to ogrelords.... So having been out of the game for several months I came back and made a new character to have a whirl at pvp : I used a mythic token. (i also started with inscription which i gave my mage :) )

Started with (eaten a max stat scroll now)

90 (120)Ninja
90 (90)Poison
90 (100)Hiding
80 (100 with robe) Stealth
50 (120)fencing
50 (90)tactics
40 (120)bushido

* insert stealth newb comments here* :)

Ok so i have done my research (thanks to the guys who posted on my other thread) and I know that this is a pretty hard hitting "ambush" template... I have no illusions, if i don't kill em fast I am eather retreating or eating dirt.. fact.

The thing is I used to be able to use my despise training ground and knew all my limitations and when to change ect.. I have read the FAQ and got a few tips on what to fight but I am finding it tough to find the things i need to kill..

I spent an hour in new heaven... NEW HEAVEN!! fighting skeletons and zombies to take me to 70 fencing and tactics, I also took bushido to 50! happy days...

Right, from here I am kind of a little lost... I am thinking I will try harpies in ilsh but I will try keep to one at a time as I only have bushido and potions for healing...

Has anyone else trained a melee skill in the last couple of weeks? if so could you let me know where / what you fought as the stuff in the FAQ seems a little dated (apologies if i missed updates)

Thanks in advance.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try training with a weapon that has Life leech on it, and I would recommend fighting Ettins, East of the honesty gate in ilsh for training.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
great tips guys! ill give em a whirl tonight, I always forget about tokuno! with regards to the ettins is it the place near that cave that leads to the cyclopse / titan spawn area??

thanks,

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gorbs!!!! you rock! totally!

Lol, this going to be a PvP char and I got hooked up on training in tram... go figure!

Just for that I am going to move to fel tonight! anyone want a house in Zento town on GL???

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Shame level 1 is pretty doable for a character with around 70 skill and armor with at least 50 physical resist.
You just need to lure the spawn to not be overwhelmed.

I usually train from 70 to 90 there, then move to level 2 to fight mud elementals and golems to get to 120.

Painted caves are also good once you reach 90 skill, and orc cave level 3 is quite good if you are in need of getting some shadow iron ingots while training.
Orc brutes give a nice training and enough ore to make 50 shadow iron ingots per kill.

Just make sure to have an appropriate slayer (elemental for shame, repond for painted caves and orc for orc cave) with life/mana/stam leech and you will be able to survive while training.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool thanks,

I will give shame a try tonight, I moved my house to fel so have trained up to like 85/79 in fencng and tactics at despise... I will hit shame later, will make myself a nice elemental slayer wep before I go though :) thinking hit mana leech and hit life leech will be a bonus since I only have bushido healing

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The mud elementals on level 2 have 120 wrestling. I believe they have around 620 hit points as well. Level 1 is pretty good for skill gains into the 100-110 range, but keeping the spawn under control is important. I have a fencer I started on Atlantic with no crafter support who is doing ok on lvl 1 with bushido healing only...but has to run away when a few extras spawn close by and attack.