• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training 5 hellhounds (or ostrich) shadow elem?

sterger7

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you train these on the shadow elementals? Do you have to have a tank pet, or perhaps nonstop spam heals? What if I were to put bag balls on the ground, agro the shadow elemental on myself, then have my pets'melee' him while the shadow can't reach me and peace him if it fails?

maybe I should use a big tank pet plus x of the hounds? any tips welcome.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd have another pet,such as a Cu or Dragon tank while the hounds trained.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They first need to be at the right skill level to train on a shadow ele. Then you need a tank pet. They won't survive a hit with a shadow targeting them and you can't do any proper healing if you are the ele's target. Peace won't help you that much - a pack doing a lot of damage is going to break it before your timer runs out ;)

I would train on passive creatures like gaman, they're safe for a single hound to go fight without needing a tank, so you don't need another tamer and you can take all 5 of them out to train at once. Also, you've got the assurance that nothing attacks your pets until you want it to and they will easily take your pups up past 80 skill. Then you are still going to have to train up resist which is when I go hunting with a pack and change which one of them goes into the fight first and takes the spell output. Or use the Hunter's Guide to find creatures in the same skill level as your pet and look for ones that will last a while and don't do a ton of damage. At higher levels I took a mare to tank and 2 or 3 of my pack to more dangerous spawns. But you can train them up normally like any other pet.

Wenchy

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What I do on shadow elements is on my bard tamer I disco the shadow while running the peacemaking spell resilience, most of my pets don't need any healing or the odd bandage.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When i started to train my ki-rin, the most effective way i found to do it, was having 2 ki-rins fighting each other. You have all time matching skills that way. But I am not shure, how dangerous that might be with animals that have pack instinct and you have to heal both of your pets that way. Later you can go with 1 'tank' pet and a couple of hell hounds for a shadow ele. (Maybe a decent bake? Taht way you could add 3 hell hounds for training)

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The shadow ele would do around 10-20 hp a hit vs the hell hound
It is not afk training but it is not very hard to heal and the hell hound should have around 200hp

The pack do not dmg the shadow ele

Another way of training is vs a tamed cu this way you dont have to heal the cu much because it have healing skill
If you have a cu that need to go to gm healing what you can do is use the satyr trick on the cu

Get the satyr to discord the cu
Loose agro
Have cu follow the satyr around
Let your one follower slot pet attack the cu
This will bring your cu to gm healing and train your 1 slot pet
It was some years ago i did this last time if i remember right the healing skill will not go down when the cu get discorded but for whatever reason it will gain alot faster in healing anyway this is the way i use to get to 100 healing and never found it difficult

Low land bouras ruddy bouras are also good to train against

Lvl 1-2 in Shame and Wrong is a very good place to train pets at the monster here do not hit very hard but have alot of hp and you have a chance to get some nice loot
I only use this way of training now

Last edited: