• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

train; help!

F

feath

ive been working on this for days, and this is the best i could do. it seemed so simple in the idea...i totally hate the smoke stack, but i couldn't find anything that A) fit the middle or north side of the square, B) stacked high enough C) was grey in color and D) looked anything like a smoke stack
anyone got some ideas to help this poor little choo?

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love the concept!

Perhaps a bolt of cloth dyed black for the smokestack? It will be at an angle unfortunately, but might work.

Also, if you can get some of the prism of light peerless dropped corporal brume statues and dye them black with statuette dye tub, they make great smoke puffs.

-Skylark

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, there is a way to make a mini log stacks using single logs, I believe by locking down single log with the deco tool and turning to face the other direction. The shorter log stacks may center better in your log bin cars, and by alternating with regular stacks give a "full" look.

Petra has made these short log piles before, and probably has her pic stashed somewhere handy.

-Skylark

F

feath

Love the concept!

Perhaps a bolt of cloth dyed black for the smokestack? It will be at an angle unfortunately, but might work.
i'll give it a shot!

Also, if you can get some of the prism of light peerless dropped corporal brume statues and dye them black with statuette dye tub, they make great smoke puffs.

-Skylark
i've never even heard of this,much less seen one! where can i get them, besides doing a peerless? i've been known to die very quickly in the prism of light area.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm logs, just lock 2 down and turn them basically
between the carpentry table and the oven.
would the tall tokuno basket adapt itself to a smoke stack?

F

feath

hum, a basket. i didn't try that. let me see if it works.
the link is bad...the link is fixed lol

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Corporeal brume statuette alas is only dropped by the Shimmering Effusion peerless of prism of light, but I suspect on a regular shard you can find them for sale - if they are not on that stupid turn in list that is.

Another item that might work for a shorter smoke stack is the short straw hat dyed black.

-Skylark

F

feath

ahhh, now i know which one you're talking about. look like a neon puddle of water. had no idea they made smoke puffs. there's bound to be a few around somewhere, i'll go look and try it out.

as for the logs - did it, and it looks great! now, just to see if i can find a better smoke stack... ;)

Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is an example from Ceridwen a good while back, I can't find the one that was dyed black with statuette tub, and locked down over top of a house with a "chimney".

-Skylark

F

feath

ahhhhh - gotcha! :thumbsup: They look like smoke puffs, not make them ;)
thing is, its like a museum piece, not intended to look like its moving or active, so smoke wouldn't really be appropriate to what my concept was. however, i might do it, just cause it looks really cool :D

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the part with the chests the caboose? I thought the smoke stack was usually at the front of the train...

F

feath

the chests are the engine part.
guess i need to make that more clear, somehow. the bow at the end of the caboose does seem to give a false 'direction'.

F

feath

the bolt of cloth had the right slant, but the wooden poles sticking out the top ruined it... tried this,and thought 'ah ha!'...

tried to make the front look a little more like the front... so. does this work, or can you give me a suggestion that can improve it?

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

i dont tested it and cant get online at this moment, because i am not at home, but...

Whats about "Balls of Yarn"?
Lock them down and stack them up, after locking down you can arrange them with deco-tool.
Also you can dye them with a normal dyetub.
At the last part of your "Smoke" you can use "a Pile of Whool".

In my imagine i should look like what you searching for.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the bolt of cloth had the right slant, but the wooden poles sticking out the top ruined it... tried this,and thought 'ah ha!'...

tried to make the front look a little more like the front... so. does this work, or can you give me a suggestion that can improve it?
I'd have it pointing south actually. So move the engine to the south. You might also want to look into picking up some of those solid silver colored plague beast chests, I think the gold edging on the metal chest is throwing things off a bit. Is there a dull copper paragon chest? I can't remember.

I did a bit of browsing on the internet, here is a pic of a toy train:

It's pretty typical for the cab to sit higher than the engine, and for the smoke stack to be a pretty good size. I'd actually get rid of three of those chests and just have one silver chest with a smoke stack on top.

A

Ashyn

Geeze is that cute!!!! :thumbsup:

I gotta get out of this forum before I'm tempted to reactivate an account to deco....... *runs away quickly*

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
right then, lets see what i can do with that!
Heck yeah, get to it!

And after that, mop my kitchen floor!

Er...*coughs* well you seemed so agreeable to my other suggestions... :p

F

feath

LOL, no need to say what i disagree with, it'd be scanked to ask for idea's then say, 'no....cause...' ... it always makes me grumble when someone shoots down my ideas... hey, its an idea. work with it. expand it, get a new angle on it.

which is what i'm doing with your idea ;)

And after that, mop my kitchen floor!
no.

:lick: