• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

train; done!

F

feath

thanks for all the help guys and gals! thought you might like to see the end result;

there might be a couple nit picks later - i'm never totally satisfied! - but its at the point i'd show it off now ;)

thanks again!

F

feath

They might come later, but it wasn't my intention to make it look like it was moving. more like a display.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

But if your intention wasn´t to let the train looks moving, why there are some travellers onto this train? :lick:

A

Amathist of PoC

That is just too cute - I can see it all jazzed up for Christmas too perhaps going under a tree *grins* LOVE IT.

F

feath

Thanks guys! it was such a head ache getting it together, i'm really glad it's done!
under a xmas tree! eep! you got any idea how big that tree would have to be? lol!

A

Amathist of PoC

Thanks guys! it was such a head ache getting it together, i'm really glad it's done!
under a xmas tree! eep! you got any idea how big that tree would have to be? lol!
I have seen a HUGE tree once it was a heap of normal ones stacked and raised up....that could work...sorry I do not have a picture. But add a santa and some gift boxes and awwww pretty christmas train.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool! I've been watching the threads since you started. I have to say, it looks great! The heater shields were a great touch.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Uh oh, it's a ghost train! :eek:

But a very cute one. :)

On a side note; have you tried using composite bows to "connect" the wheels? I don't know if they will allign properly though.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Adding the small tables & passengers helped with the "floaty" detached feeling of the roofs of the back cars. Good move on that.

I too want to see smoke puffs! Ghoul, gorilla, & mongbat should feel like they are going somewhere! :D

Ha, just poke Larisa(?) with a stick, and I'm sure she'd repost her pics of her mega trees (made by stacking holiday trees) in her decked out holiday castle. It used to be on the old forums, but gone bye bye.

Also, the 2004 holiday housing contest winner house, that they added in the vet rewards, had an amazing monster tree as a feature. Perhaps someone has a pic of that one as well.

-Skylark

F

feath

On a side note; have you tried using composite bows to "connect" the wheels? I don't know if they will allign properly though.
a lot of things didn't sit well. i used the katana because i liked the slight curve, and it touched both wheels ;)

Skylark said:
Also, the 2004 holiday housing contest winner house, that they added in the vet rewards, had an amazing monster tree as a feature. Perhaps someone has a pic of that one as well.
i could have sworn i had that one... dont see it now. a picture would be good, yeah.

i kind of recall that huge tree someone made. i'll wait until xmas to see if the bug bites to make one myself.