• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Traders Quest questions

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Been doing the traders quests to try and get a guild sign. Can anyone tell me how many they had to do to get one? The last 3 I have done I get pinks.

I am doing this with a spellcaster character Magery and Mystic. Being attacked on a boat gives me problems. I died twice yesterday just trying to get hidden. I cast RC and if I can get the ship in the right position they can tackle the mob pretty good. The problem is getting the ship in that position, and me staying alive while I do. This is on a large Dragon ship BTW. It is what I have had since before I left.

There must be an easier way I hope and someone can advise me of what strategy it is.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't worry about fighting the mobs because they have no bearing on the reward. When sailing and a mob spawns you can navigate away from them. You can easily outrun them in a boat.

I've gotten to the point where I only do the quests between inland towns that are in close proximity. For example, I won't do a quest from Yew to Trinsic. And I don't do the quests that require me to sail to an island. (You can right click on the container and cancel the trade order. After waiting for a minute or 2 you can get a new trade order.)

I haven't kept track of how many trader quests I've done. (I'm still at the 3 item stage). I have yet to get a guild sign. I have lots of pinks (these seem to drop the most) and I've gotten 3 of the books. I hate getting ingots or scales because I already have more than I will ever use.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Don't worry about fighting the mobs because they have no bearing on the reward. When sailing and a mob spawns you can navigate away from them. You can easily outrun them in a boat.

I've gotten to the point where I only do the quests between inland towns that are in close proximity. For example, I won't do a quest from Yew to Trinsic. And I don't do the quests that require me to sail to an island. (You can right click on the container and cancel the trade order. After waiting for a minute or 2 you can get a new trade order.)

I haven't kept track of how many trader quests I've done. (I'm still at the 3 item stage). I have yet to get a guild sign. I have lots of pinks (these seem to drop the most) and I've gotten 3 of the books. I hate getting ingots or scales because I already have more than I will ever use.

There isn't a penalty then if you cancel out of an order? I was just on the last quest for the night and I stopped to kill the sea serpents almost to Moonglow. And wouldn't you know the last quest and they got me. I hate that long lag just before you hear yourself moan and the world goes gray. LOL
No more sea life for me then. They take too long at any rate. Thanks

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I did get a guild sign this afternoon. It is a weapons guild sign. How do I use this sign? I tried dbl clicking and right clicking it but nothing happened. I even changed my house to public. I wish I understood all I need to know about this game.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did get a guild sign this afternoon. It is a weapons guild sign. How do I use this sign? I tried dbl clicking and right clicking it but nothing happened. I even changed my house to public. I wish I understood all I need to know about this game.
The many signs you can get through the quests are for House Deco. The several Books you get as rewards make for a good read.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been doing the traders quests to try and get a guild sign. Can anyone tell me how many they had to do to get one?
I believe you can get at least one sign or book at each tier as you progress. Level 5 tier seems to get me better rewards. Pinks, Resources, Books & Signs. In the end it's probably the luck of the RNG.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I believe you can get at least one sign or book at each tier as you progress. Level 5 tier seems to get me better rewards. Pinks, Resources, Books & Signs. In the end it's probably the luck of the RNG.

Ok now I see they will place on walls in your house. I thought they were actual house signs that hung on hangers. I have received 1 set of books and 6 or so pinks, some yew boards and green hides. I actually enjoy doing them and they add to the coffers of the town. Kind of fun to do for a while.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There isn't a penalty then if you cancel out of an order? I was just on the last quest for the night and I stopped to kill the sea serpents almost to Moonglow. And wouldn't you know the last quest and they got me. I hate that long lag just before you hear yourself moan and the world goes gray. LOL
No more sea life for me then. They take too long at any rate. Thanks
Thankfully there is no penalty to cancel out of an order.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thankfully there is no penalty to cancel out of an order.

I received a order to go to Moonglow from Vesper. I cancelled it out and had to wait about 5 minutes before I got a different order. Now I am commended with Vesper, moving on up. This order to Yew from Vesper received the most funds 74500 GP. I got 108 barbed hides and a raise in title.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While fighting the bandits may or may not have an effect on the reward you receive, it does have an effect on the amount of gold you earn for you town. So I guess it all depends on what your goal is in doing trade quests *smiles*. Personally I take the longest land quests I can and fight as much as I can along the way..for my town.

I assume you know that using a moongate during the quest mean you are not eligible for the higher rewards. BTW I have been able to hang icicles on house signs so it might be possible with guild signs too.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I haven't used a moongate since my taking these quests. Other than the ship trips I fight any attacks on land I get. I enjoy unleashing the RC on them all. Last night the highest amount given to Vesper was 98,000 GP. This morning I made respected and was able to vote.
I would really like to be able to attack on a ship. As it is I get overwhelmed by too many attackers to go invis or hide. My RC's aren't always in the right part of the ship to land a blow, so we just sit there with the RC taking hits, or me dying. I am using a large Dragon ship, does it help tactics any if you are on one of the bigger ones?

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ships are difficult..I usually avoid them (or just use the moongate) because it doesn't really pay off based on the time it takes. You have to keep the ship moving after the initial attack and try to just select one target at a time. Divide and conquer! I have never tried it with a mage but even with an archer it is a challenge for me. A larger ship cant hurt *grins*. On some of my jaunts from Yew I have managed up to 180,000 but I take my time as my main goal is to maintain the gold for Yew buffs.

Congrats on getting respected! I don't think there is anyone running in Vesper though. Perhaps you can make a bid for Governor!

Edit: Oops I forgot which forum I was in..you probably aren't on Sonoma *laughs*

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ships are difficult..I usually avoid them (or just use the moongate) because it doesn't really pay off based on the time it takes. You have to keep the ship moving after the initial attack and try to just select one target at a time. Divide and conquer! I have never tried it with a mage but even with an archer it is a challenge for me. A larger ship cant hurt *grins*. On some of my jaunts from Yew I have managed up to 180,000 but I take my time as my main goal is to maintain the gold for Yew buffs.

Congrats on getting respected! I don't think there is anyone running in Vesper though. Perhaps you can make a bid for Governor!

Edit: Oops I forgot which forum I was in..you probably aren't on Sonoma *laughs*

No Cats of course. I voted this morning for Lord Bytor. I heard on the grapevine that he is a shoo in. Congrats to the future Gov!

What I do now is tell the tillerman to forward then I hide until I need to make a change. Seem like it works better.

Last edited: