• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Township Meeting as Announced at the 11/14 HoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As announced at the HoC a meeting of the top leaders from each township, as in one from each, is being planned for the time period between the week after US Thanksgiving and the first week of December. The purpose of this meeting is for Dross and I to announce our decision regarding the Township Series of events. The decision will be made public following after our meeting with the top leader from each township.
It has come to my attention there is a game of telephone going on in which erroneous information is being passed around. The above mentioned reason is the sole purpose of this meeting.

Further, I am asking all township heads to please email me with availability.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Thank you Dudley even I was a bit confused on what was doing on.

:dunce:

G

Gowron

Maybe I'm just an idiot. I didn't get any more clarification from this than what was being passed over ventrillo.

I do find this update a bit disturbing though. If there is a desire to have a discussion with key township leaders (1 each and I agree with that), then that should suggest that a decision is pending, but input from these leaders will be factored. However, having a meeting just to announce a decision has already been made, seems wrong. If the latter is the case, then it sounds like the township leaders are being called upon to "let us down softly."

If a decision has already been made, and the counsel of township leaders is not going to change it, might as well come forward with it now. Of course, if the counsel of the township leaders is going to affect said decisions, then by all means, proceed.

I'm hazy as to the classification of "Township Events". Are we talking the Township Summit meetings or the Livery Quests or both? My input to this, for what it's worth, is to maintain the Livery Quests. Too much time and effort has been put into this by both the EM's in support and execution and the players in participation to cancel it outright. As for the Township Summit meetings, they should also be maintained, but perhaps they should be slightly less often. Since the summit meetings are in RP format, then perhaps the product of those meetings should also be considered in shard-wide events.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me attempt to shed some light on this...

The Township Series of Events includes all EM supported Township related events. This includes Summit Meetings, Livery Quests, and supported RP interaction between townships and the Chesapeake arcs that Drosselmeyer and myself run.

The purpose of this meeting is to inform the Township leadership how we will be proceeding with the aforementioned events.

Yes, our decision has already been made and we will offer a chance for dialogue at this meeting should anyone have questions.

Again, if any township leaders have not already done so, please e-mail me, [email protected] with their availability.

Thank You.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So things like the livery/summit will be proceeding as opposed to being axed? (albeit, in a slightly different way that will be explained to the leaders at this meeting.)

G

Gowron

Dudley,

This makes some sense, but I would recommend putting out what the topics would be so that folks can funnel questions/concerns to the city leader.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We aren't going to release anymore information about this until the meeting. Like I've mentioned, this is an opportunity for Dross and Myself to make aware to the Townships how the rest of the event series will continue. If anyone has specific questions or concerns about the township series they can feel free to email either of us directly. This meeting is a notification, not a discussion. My reference to a "dialogue" earlier in this thread was meant to refer to an open dialogue should anyone require further interpretation or clarification on the announcements township leaders will be notified of at the meeting.

Apologies for the confusion

G

Gowron

Got it! The horse is dead, and my arms are tired.

I look forward to receiving those announcements in due time and will reserve further judgement as it is digested.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got it! The horse is dead, and my arms are tired.

I look forward to receiving those announcements in due time and will reserve further judgement as it is digested.
I agree with this statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.