• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Town Resources

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, since no one seems to know if there has been such a thing as Town Resources, I thought I would create a thread, and whoever wants to join me in possibly trading/purchasing town resources, they can.

Please let me know what your town wishes to have as their town resource(s), and I will add them to the list, so we all can contact each other if we would like to set up a trade deal.

Britain - musical instruments, jewelry, gems
Yew - lumber (particularly Heartwood), liquor ( mostly wine), sheep (Tanned hides, wool and the like), flour and baked goods, Fishing goods.
Vesper - lumber
Moonglow - Reagents, Imbue ingredients, spell scrolls, spell books, blank scrolls

Thanks!

Last edited:

Baron Arkon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Resources Yew can provide: Sheep (Tanned hides, wool and the like), Wood (particularly Heartwood), Liquor (mostly wine, with the winery), flour and baked goods (due to the huge mill), Fishing goods.

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vesper, in UO/Sosarian Lore, has been a pleasure city of trade. Using lumber from shore we build luxury-liners for cruises and more useful vessels for Buc's Den & Cove merchants. Ornate & high quality furniture are additional products for export. Everyone knows of the cushioned Vesper chair. We worked closely with the gadget-mining town of Minoc, before it had it a dock due to the rocky coastline, to export their inventions & ore. Magincia brought beautiful gemstones that we transformed into fine jewelry. We also rent out our bee hives to Skara Brae, Britain, and Yew to help with crop pollination. The Busy Bees also create Honey & fine candles for Vesper's market. Being a non-Virtue Town, Vesperians strive to cultivate the classical Arts, we have a Musician's Hall & The Colored Canvas boasts a renowned visual artist who leads our Academy. In recognition of our efforts, King British chose our city to place the Royal Museum.

And naturally, there are some less-than-legal trades that occur but a watchful eye and a firm hand keep those incidents to a minimum. BlackRock trade, when it was made illegal by Lord British, was an issue of contention between the Crown & Vesper until the reign of King Blackthorn.

As you can see, I love my town. *grins*

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so, Noble Beast, what you are telling me is this:

Vesper - Lumber, boats, furniture, bees, honey, candles
Minoc - Ore, Stone, mechanical inventions
Magincia - Gems

Do I have this right before I add it to the list?

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so, Noble Beast, what you are telling me is this:

Vesper - Lumber, boats, furniture, bees, honey, candles
Minoc - Ore, Stone, mechanical inventions
Magincia - Gems

Do I have this right before I add it to the list?
I can not speak for Minoc or Magincia because I am not familiar with the current state of those cities, just the histories (original lore). The resources of Vesper are used to create luxury items and sea faring vessels to maintain our trade routes.

This is interesting post. Thank you for bringing this aspect back to the light.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Moonglow is a mage city...the Lycium provides study for the magical arts.. The city is build for logical travels with sturdy built buildings and shops....its a mage study city