• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Town Hall Observations. 01/06/2017

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I want to thank the Governors and all of the wonderful civic minded citizens that attended these gatherings. The exchange of thoughts and ideas has been quite exciting. There was a lot of brainstorming, sharing of ideas and experiences. A hand full of issues seemed to be a recurring theme.
  • Communication
  • Organization
  • Events
  • EMs
I will admit that I have not been the best at communication. I will get better. The response I have received since the beginning of this initiative has encouraged me and I am committed to doing my part in opening avenues for discussion. I will also be posting this on the White Council Forums.

There is a great discussion going on over there. If you choose to participate in that or any other discussion, please be mindful of Rules of conduct and forum policies.

Communication is also the key to the next two items.

There has been a lot of discussion on what it means to be a Governor. That is a unique responsibility with few tangible benefits. What of other towns and communities? I do not feel we need limit ourselves to the basic rules as set forth... We can make it our own.

I am particular to Hoffs' idea of a Council that includes all sitting Governors and representatives of the community that have not been defined as yet. With good and open communication the organization can develop

Events were a popular topic. Types of events, hosting and timing were all under discussion. Also discussed were the burdens of running a player event and ways to mitigate some of the stresses involved. Communication and Organization solve most of those issues. It was noted at one of the meetings that a lot of talented and experienced people were present. Let's imagine that folks have a format where experience, talent, resources and time can be shared.

EMs are beyond any sphere of influence we have. I am going to choose to spend my time on things I can influence. EM Bennu is a fine EM. His events seem thoughtful and engaging. I am glad he is here doing what he can. His email address is on a lantern at the Cathedral.

Player Event Coordinators also came up. This feature can be found at UO.com in the community tab. With advance notice a PEC can assist with event set up.

I see a lot of potential in moving forward and exploring this idea of empowering our Council. There is no limit to what imagination can do with a bit of commitment and perseverance. I will be seeing you soon at the next Town Hall meetings. Thank you.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hoffs made a forum for the debat King's Council Discussion, please join the debat, it's to late to come after the setup is choosen, and say, it sucks if you had not been a part of the debat. There are also a part of the debat in this thread Players taking control of King's Council?
Also try the best you can to stay open minded and respectful to other posters.
If you better like to post here in this thread, do it. I'm sure Kelmo also are open for messages send directe to him if you do not like to post your opinion in public. I'm willing too, to collect opinions and repost them here without name of the poster as long they are in a respectful and open minded format.

Join the debat and lets get this up running :)

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello to everyone! Kelmo and Freja more power to you on doing this. But if Gilfane wishes to do a fair and across the board debate, let them post here on Stratic's and not the Gilfane site where mainly their members frequent. Yup this is the Queen pancake inside of me coming out but there it is. In the famous words of Horton "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful, one hundred percent".

Nothing but love for ya Siege,

Baby Doll

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with Baby Doll this should all be done on a public forum, and not a guild forum where the Op as say on who posts there or not. Like Hoffs won't post here, I'm the same way l will only post here no where else. I will read the boards, but thats about it.
People don't want to post should get others to post what they have to say for them.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While I've found getting involved in this type of discussion just leads to heartburn, I third the comments above. I do not have an account on any UO forum but Stratics (unless I made one in the past and have forgotten it). If you want an open discussion that involves Siege, Stratics is much more representative of the RANGE of Siege members than ANY guilds forum, whether that be UWF, GIL, or some other group. Kelmo, you been around a long time, you know that trying to hold a shard wife discussion over there will never be truly "shard wide". I'm not saying you can't have a good discussion or do something positive, but the scope is limited by default. You mention a council comprised of governors and OTHER representations of the community. Will HI-5, or SITH, or whoever else the many PVP splinters have become REALLY participate in a White Council discussion?

Do what you gotta do, but I think you will find it difficult to refute the simple fact that holding ANY discussion intended to represent the population on a guild owned and operated forum is destined to generate A LOT of the aforementioned heartburn.

I'm not griefing you, just pointing out what should be painfully obvious for all of us. If Virem said several of the governors were doing this very thing over at JC's forum, how much participation could be expected from our Silvanus friends?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I had offered that night to make a sticky here The Siege Newsletter or something similar for everyone to post thoughts, ideas and the like.

With the help of the Siege community, it would be kept updated on a month-to-month basis, preferably by the ~Leaders~ of each city'/town or governorship. Also I had suggested putting a bulletin board and/or book at the Brit Gate Hub for citizens to post thoughts which can then be transferred here to keep all notes in one place.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like it or not Luna boys, HI-5, or SITH are part of this commuinty and should be able to be apart of all this if they choose to.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Larisa,

Not to diminish the good intention of your gesture, but there is a big difference between holding a shard wide discussion in a neutral, highest volume forum on the one hand, and merely reporting what was said at Camp David to the plebs after the fact.

How many times do Siege members have to have the argument that *insert guild here* doesn't represent all members?

Frankly, I doubt it will matter where the discussion is held, but I feel obligated to point out this issue considering how many times I've had the argument made to me that GIL doesn't try to speak for the shard. This doesn't help that argument.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa,

Not to diminish the good intention of your gesture, but there is a big difference between holding a shard wide discussion in a neutral, highest volume forum on the one hand, and merely reporting what was said at Camp David to the plebs after the fact.

How many times do Siege members have to have the argument that *insert guild here* doesn't represent all members?

Frankly, I doubt it will matter where the discussion is held, but I feel obligated to point out this issue considering how many times I've had the argument made to me that GIL doesn't try to speak for the shard. This doesn't help that argument.
That's why I said all..ALL representatives of ALL towns/cities and municipalities should post here and/or on prospective books/bulletin boards in-game. I don't want just a handful of select people posting..this sticky will be for the SHARD....everyone has a voice and should use it. If I have to be one of the people to go around in-game and gather intel/ideas and what-not I will, again it was just an offer,, and I want to hear from everyone, you know? I really really REALLY like the community here...you are all very involved, it's nice to see general chat actually used lol and I want to do what I can and help where I can, as I am now a part of this community, though I haven't chosen a side yet ;) One of my characters is in an alliance with Sith so I'm sure THAT Larisa will be hated ;) But I do want to help in any way I can.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's why I said all..ALL representatives of ALL towns/cities and municipalities should post here and/or on prospective books/bulletin boards in-game. I don't want just a handful of select people posting..this sticky will be for the SHARD....everyone has a voice and should use it. If I have to be one of the people to go around in-game and gather intel/ideas and what-not I will, again it was just an offer,, and I want to hear from everyone, you know? I really really REALLY like the community here...you are all very involved, it's nice to see general chat actually used lol and I want to do what I can and help where I can, as I am now a part of this community, though I haven't chosen a side yet ;) One of my characters is in an alliance with Sith so I'm sure THAT Larisa will be hated ;) But I do want to help in any way I can.
I have no problem with this so long as everyone who players Siege has a voice like I said choose to do so.
If you do a sticky here I nominate calling it The Voice of Siege Players this way everyone is involved, and no one is left out.
Now I did say nominated I'm hoping others will nominate what they would like the name of the sticky thread to be called. the Larisa may setup voting pole

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One suggestion that has been made is "The SCC : Siege Community Council".

I do agree - anyone who wants to contribute should be allowed to.
However, I also agree with Larisa that those who are not confident in expressing themselves publicly should feel that they know who they can go to, to be represented.
There should certainly be avenues open to those who do not wish to directly subject themselves to the ... heated discussions... that will almost certainly arise.

At the end of the day, I'd like to think we all want the same thing : Siege to flourish and grow.

So, let's start with small building blocks - we can always have a "suggestion box" or a "to do" list for issues that can wait until we've built a decent foundation.

Work out what we want first, and in what order - we can work out how we get or do those things afterwards.

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Kelmo,

If we need a neutral site for meetings, I could place a house in one of the 18x18 or tower sized spots that are open and make it a house dedicated to council meetings. All council members could be co-owned to the house and I could link it to the hubs with teleporters (assuming the hub owners would be ok with it). I would commit to making sure it remains in the service of the council whether I am on the council or not, as long as the council exists (and I exist and UO exists).

This is offered as an option that might be considered for the council's meetings or any other council related purpose.

Starcon
Governor of Britain

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
One small issue, you can only co-own 10 chars.

I do like the idea of the council members having a neutral place for meeting, maybe with a public floor for open meetings and a secure floor where council members can meet if they have something they need to speak about.
There could be both a public and secure bulletin boards.

I look forward to hear from Kelmo, I believe it is important we get the council together as soon as possible. Maybe we need a thread, where new Governors can post about their community/town and why they should be governor for that community/town.
If more than one claim same community, we can take it from there and then try set some basic rules.
Some may be better with ideas for this than me.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could always drop the security down a level - use friend as the default, and "grant access" as the lower level. Keep co-owner and owner for anything that REALLY needs it.

The only problem I can see with a central meeting place is a no-win situation, which I recommend we ignore :
If the owner of the meeting place is a member of ANY guild, someone will cry "bias".
If that person is truly neutral, and not a member of any guild, someone will claim that they're not a member of the community.

Worst case scenario, we start with a central place, and let "embassies" spring up naturally as time goes by.

Anyway...

At the risk of repeating myself, I think we're in danger of getting ahead of ourselves.
This isn't about meeting houses and cool decorations.
This isn't about what forums we have, or what sticky threads.

Those things are trivial. Really. The question is...

What. Do. We. Want. For. Siege?

My list is fairly short.
1. Help for anyone who would like to run events:
1.a. A way for them to know what resources are available, and what people are willing to help.
1.b..A suggestion box, for those who would like to run an event, but have no ideas for that event.
1.c. Someone to co-ordinate all of that stuff.

2. A way to make sure no one is left out.
2.a. A way to record the plans for an event - this will enable groups of people to reproduce it. That way, you COULD (but don't have to) have the same event in a US time zone, and a European time zone, and even run it again at the weekend if you wanted to.
2.b. Constructive feedback on the event. What was good, what was bad, what would people like to see again?

3. Advertising. How do we get the word out to all players, and then, to other shards? Especially when an event is suitable for a brand-new character (e.g. naked dungeon runs)

That's my list. I have a MUCH longer list for when things are up and running, but I don't believe we should try to fly before we've proven we can walk.

What's on your list? :)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I want our old EM back, you know, the one that had actually played Siege and had frequent events? What happened to Hawker again.....oh yeah, he was run off. How has that worked out?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You could always drop the security down a level - use friend as the default, and "grant access" as the lower level. Keep co-owner and owner for anything that
Don't like that, why would you make a public meeting place private?

My list is fairly short.
1. Help for anyone who would like to run events:
1.a. A way for them to know what resources are available, and what people are willing to help.
1.b..A suggestion box, for those who would like to run an event, but have no ideas for that event.
1.c. Someone to co-ordinate all of that stuff.
And who should control all this? I rather see the communities handle their own events. It will be a hell to co-ordinate. Keep it simple for now.

I will edit my comment here @Blind Otto :

A kind of library make sense, We may be able to make Stratics make a sub forum to replace the not used EM forum, where we can have sticky threads like this and other info like governor list, event date list, etc.

If we make a Siege Community house/hall, ingame books will be a good thing too as not all use web forums

2. A way to make sure no one is left out.
2.a. A way to record the plans for an event - this will enable groups of people to reproduce it. That way, you COULD (but don't have to) have the same event in a US time zone, and a European time zone, and even run it again at the weekend if you wanted to.
2.b. Constructive feedback on the event. What was good, what was bad, what would people like to see again
Keep it simple, the co-ordinator should only have to keep list over meeting days, A list of Governors and their community and a list with event days/times/Governor.
And remind people about time and date

3. Advertising. How do we get the word out to all players, and then, to other shards? Especially when an event is suitable for a brand-new character (e.g. naked dungeon runs
That part I agree with

Last edited:

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Freja. Don't take this the wrong way. I mean no ill will when I say this.

Perhaps instead of scrutinizing someone else's list, creating your own list would be more of a positive direction? The council will read it all and base their directives accordingly.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sorry, Otto can tell why I was a little aggressive, I just told him. It was just an other issue at same time.

But I do fear making it to complicated, better let it grow over time :)

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
One small issue, you can only co-own 10 chars.
I forgot about the co-owner limit on houses. That would be a flaw in my housing offer, but I'm sure we could come up with a way around it.

The offer still stands if the council wants it.

Starcon

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This isn't about what forums we have, or what sticky threads.

Those things are trivial. Really. The question is...

What. Do. We. Want. For. Siege?
That's the point of forums and sticky threads...to discuss what we want for Siege..yes? So I don't think it's trivial....look at this thread....good discussions going on here yes? Is it trivial?

I think, and this is just my opinion....is the first step is making a list of who is who....we need a representative for each city/town and municipality...or whatever you want to call them. Basically your ~GO TO~ person who would be in charge of posting pertinent information/ideas to bulletin boards/books/forums and what-not.

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelmo starts this thread titled "Town Hall Observations. 01/06/2017". He spoke to the citizens in game and was passing on ideas that people had shared with him. He posted on the Siege shard forum. Second post comes from Freja with two links in it, with a slight warning " .....please join the debat, it's to late to come after the setup is choosen,.......". On that site there is already discussion in progress on locale, creating council, and naming. About half the shard that plays had no clue this "debate" existed and the other half are making plans for it. The powers that be on that site felt including the other half of Siege wasn't important enough. All that was needed was a sign of respect. If the whole shard does not get included I am not interested in it.

Slow the roll!

Baby Doll

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Totally agree with Baby doll (again), refer everyone to my previous posts in this thread (again).

Funny enough, surprise is not a feeling I'm experiencing at the moment.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am unable to take a big part in this at the moment due to my condition, I just want to express that I think the discussion should happen here to give a more Neutral feel to it. other than that, I support Kelmo, and I will be more vigorous in my participation when i am able.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Tjalle you know I respect you and we've dealt in game many times. So don't take this as a personal attack, bc it isn't.

With that said, look at this thread. Several Siege members (and notably, none of your hated HI-5 guys) have offered good points. No one has said a guild controlled forum is the ideal place to generate a shard wide discussion, but several have said Stratics is that place.

The fact that the conversation continues on the guild forum, per Baby doll's msg, shows the folks here that our comments are disregarded. At the same time, neither Kelmo nor any GIL members have offered to straighten this out here.

No one said what you state we said, but I DID say this is exactly why people develop that opinion.

As I said, you guys do what you want, and continue ignoring those people on the shard that you dislike. I don't believe it will matter either way. But don't claim to have any kind of council that speaks for those of us not included.

And I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question about how running Hawker off worked out. I mean, aside from bringing the Bennu fan club of more griefers over. And ending the King s council. And ending regular EM events. And...well, maybe it didn't work out so great.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You stated that Hawker PLAYED on Siege? Thing is...the EM's cannot work on the shard they play on...so if he became too invested in the community and had friends here, that might be part of the reason he is no longer here.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You stated that Hawker PLAYED on Siege? Thing is...the EM's cannot work on the shard they play on...so if he became too invested in the community and had friends here, that might be part of the reason he is no longer here.
exceptions have been made for Siege, due to the nature of the shard.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Siege is an exception. Yes, Hawker played here prior to being the EM. Once he became EM, he did a great job of working within the shards constraints. He tried to make the EM items more Siege like (example being his Siege red fireman pike). He provided constant feedback, and often visited the shard outside of his events. I would interact with him 2 or 3 times a week. Sometimes that might just be in GC while he set up the next event, sometimes it would be a Crimson Dragon he dropped. The best thing about him was that he was always trying to improve, and eager to get our input. Can the same be said about other EMs?

I realize you were not here at the time and probably don't understand why I bring it up, but in short, Hawker was holding a Kings meeting with the Governors and some players showed up and PKed some folks (PK on Siege?! How outrageous!) A certain guild made a big fuss and blamed Hawker, gave him a lot of grief and if memory serves a few emails were sent to the boss lady. Hawker, like anyone who put their heart into a job would do, was hurt, and resigned soon after.

The irony is that said guild went from getting to participate in regularly scheduled EM events with lots of drops to bring locked out of the few we've had since then. Ask around, see if any of them will show you the red Ettin painting they got....

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No one said what you state we said, but I DID say this is exactly why people develop that opinion.
It´s not about what was said, it´s about how something was said.
And we see it all the time. Everytime GIL and/or especially Hoffs comes up in relation to whatever the topic of the week is, there´s this toxic attitude from certain players.

What I see is a player that took an initiative, to get the ball rolling, and created a public sub-forum so that anyone visiting that website could read and post if they wanted to. He doesn´t use Stratics so it´s only natural that he uses his own forum, right?
Kelmo even mentioned it in the OP. But I guess people missed that part because it wasn´t until three days later when Freja posted a link to the forum that people started moaning.
And the funny part is that during those three days not a single person here posted in this thread or created their own thread to discuss things.

And that´s another common thing around here. Many here like to criticize people who actually try to do things but they rarely step up themselves.

But I guess since he didn´t hand-delivered the news about the new public forum to each and every Siege player in person it must´ve meant he intended to hide the discussion. How disrespectful of him!

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man this has gone south fast.

I know this is a touchy subject but I'll put my 2 cents in.

I see how this looks. It really wasn't the intent of GIL to try to control anything about the Council. If anything we are pretty excited at the prospect of what Kelmo is trying to do. Of course people will put a spin on this if they like but the only motivation GIL has is for the betterment of the shard. I'm not saying GIL has not had missteps in the process, but the shard community is what matters here, nothing else.

Baby Doll your words were heard in your original post. I believe the consensus was that the Council forums were not gong to be on the GIL website. Gilfane is still using them for it's own discussions and keeping it public for transparency. If you look at the post timeline it should gel with your post about the topic.

I think we are all waiting for Kelmo to make a decision on what's to be done.

Lastly,

There is a lot of history between guilds and people on this shard. Some seriously sore spots that can easily get out of hand really quickly. Before anyone posts something scathing please take a moment and think of how it will effect the discussion.

I hope I'm not coming off preachy. I just really like where this maybe going and I don't want old wounds and sore issues getting in the way of something that has huge positive possibilities for this shard.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Aaaand we´re back to GIL is the devil and wants to destroy Siege...
No not at all, but GIL may need to be a little more open for others ideas and try to give space for the other half of Siege so we can limit that feeling of "us vs them". WE need to work together, WE all want this to work.
GIL already have a large council for half of the shard, you do know what work for you but it may not work for a shard wide Council as here is no "us vs them", there is only us, all of us and we do not need a defense to keep them out as there is no them.

I know both Hoffs and Blind Otto just want to help get it up running and try to make a setup they know works for them, but they forget us, we want to be a part of is too. Kelmo asked for an open minded debat, that is what we need.

Kelmo starts this thread titled "Town Hall Observations. 01/06/2017". He spoke to the citizens in game and was passing on ideas that people had shared with him. He posted on the Siege shard forum. Second post comes from Freja with two links in it, with a slight warning " .....please join the debat, it's to late to come after the setup is choosen,.......". On that site there is already discussion in progress on locale, creating council, and naming. About half the shard that plays had no clue this "debate" existed and the other half are making plans for it. The powers that be on that site felt including the other half of Siege wasn't important enough. All that was needed was a sign of respect. If the whole shard does not get included I am not interested in it.
I agree with Baby Doll.
We all want to be a part of this and we need to get this 2 sides to work together and hopeful more players will feel safe and post their opinion.

I think, and this is just my opinion....is the first step is making a list of who is who....we need a representative for each city/town and municipality...or whatever you want to call them. Basically your ~GO TO~ person who would be in charge of posting pertinent information/ideas to bulletin boards/books/forums and what-not.
This is, what we should focus on now. I want all to look at their part of the community and try to find one to take the lead and become a governor or what we well choose to call them.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It´s not about what was said, it´s about how something was said.
And we see it all the time. Everytime GIL and/or especially Hoffs comes up in relation to whatever the topic of the week is, there´s this toxic attitude from certain players.
Try not to look at it as "toxic Attitude" but different opinions that need to be concidered and ask your self why are they "toxic"

What I see is a player that took an initiative, to get the ball rolling, and created a public sub-forum so that anyone visiting that website could read and post if they wanted to. He doesn´t use Stratics so it´s only natural that he uses his own forum, right?
Yes and that is all fine but it did give a wrong signal. I have no idea why Hoffs do not use Stratics, but Stratics are our main forum and the debat should be here.

Kelmo even mentioned it in the OP. But I guess people missed that part because it wasn´t until three days later when Freja posted a link to the forum that people started moaning.
And the funny part is that during those three days not a single person here posted in this thread or created their own thread to discuss things.
Believe it or not, not all, special not new Siege player do know where White Council forum is and Kelmo did not link to it. I believe all was waiting for more info from Kelmo and feeled left out, when they saw the debat there.

And that´s another common thing around here. Many here like to criticize people who actually try to do things but they rarely step up themselves.
True, for many it is easier, they fear the conflicts. Let get this new Siege Community forum up running so we get some members who can speak for the ones who fear to step up.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would just like to say, no one in Gilfane has appointed me as their spokesman. If they did, I would immediately decline. I do not speak for them.
Anything I have posted here, and will post, is posted as me. I want to stand beside you, not in front of you.
I am posting here because the common consensus appears to be that this is where the community wants to post. It makes sense.
But I am not trying to lead anything, control anything, or murder your pets. At most, I may try a little peacemaking.

My goals are the same as they have been since day one - to help in whatever small way I can to make this an enjoyable place to be, to help anyone who actually wants my help, and to support the whole community. If you can point to anything I have said that does not do that, I will happily try to make amends.

Now, just to clarify one more thing - it's not about control. I have no desire to control anyone.
The fact that anyone thinks I could control anyone else on Siege absolutely boggles my mind.
You're attributing power to me that I simply do not have. I can't even get my kids to do the dishes without moaning!

If any of my words do happen to convince someone to do anything, that's a different matter.
That is influencing, not control. Influence generally comes about because of respect, which has to be earned.
That means they chose to listen to me, and chose to agree with me on a specific point.
You might disagree with me. You might disagree with their choice. That's your choice to make.

So, at the risk of sounding controlling, can we move forwards, please?
As Freja said, let's get this up and running!

So, to repeat: What's on your list? I'd like to know!*

* Disclaimer: Out of curiosity, out of a desire to spark discussion, not out of a desire to control you!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe it's a good thing to get this feelings about control and us vs them out of the shadow so we can get to understand each others and rebuild the respect for each others. 2015 - 2016 was dread years, where we all got hurt.
We can do this. lets do it :)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with Baby Doll this should all be done on a public forum, and not a guild forum where the Op as say on who posts there or not. Like Hoffs won't post here, I'm the same way l will only post here no where else. I will read the boards, but thats about it.
People don't want to post should get others to post what they have to say for them.
I still stand by stratic forums being the best place
I should of made myself more clearer should of said and not any personal guild forums for any Ops as say on who posts there or not.
I seriously had no intentions of singling out Hoffs, and his forums in that way.
I'm sorry Hoffs, and Gil

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There are many people who chose not to use Stratics, and there is nothing wrong with that....BUT we need to have the information that IS posted over on GIL's forums copied here for those who do not wish to use THOSE forums, and vice versa so that everyone has access to the same information.

So..the list ;)

We have the ~Official~ Cities and towns of Britannia that have Governors on all other shards:

Moonglow
New Magincia
Yew
Trinsic
Jhelom
Britian
Vesper
Minoc
Skara Brae

I am unsure how many ~Unofficial~ Cities/towns are here so we need that list.

I am on my way to work right now but I really want to see good things happen here so lets reach for that goal :)

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not post on this thread for vengeful jabs at Gilfane. I speak openly and honestly on how I view this and my postings has nothing to do with past issues with them. This thread is about consolidating the shard to create a council. How is this possible if we can not consolidate as one to use a neutral site? If White Council desires a council from a united shard then show your solidarity spirit. Is there going to be issues using Stratics, yes there will be. I could sit here and speculate about how many ways this could go wrong but I won't. But a strong backing from others who want what you want should lead to solving the many of those potential problems.

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may have the perfect solution as to where to hold the council meetings. The Skara Brae Community Center. Its in town. We can have VVV turned off during meeting times. There is a platform and plenty of seating. What ya'll think?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Even in town it will not be safe for all, the ones with VvV tag can be attacked. I rather see it in a public house, at least the attackers can't move without getting kicked from house unless they are friended.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a suggestion: have those meetings at the orchard of Shadowguard. The advantages are obvious:

no need to mark runes, just use the crystal teleporter to get there (except reds who aren't allowed to use those...we'll have to walk)

no spawn

instanced, so no interuptions by those pesky PKs

there are two slight disadvantages that I would argue really are advantages though:

everyone has to get in party to teleport to the same instance of the orchard - forces people to be on time, late comers will suffer the consequences

after 30 minutes you will get booted from the orchard - this serves to help make decisions instead of endless talking, there's even a warning for the last 5 minutes

so yeah...Orchard!!!