• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

town hall is open

P

Paula778

well town hall is open, full of course...

wish parizad would take the time here to inform us all instead of just visitors there...

I

imported_Juniper Skye

damn I gotta go bowl! Keep those of us who can't be there updated as to what's been said!

G

I bet that place is a madhouse.

She is a trooper. I bet the devs wont dare show there faces in game.

G

can someone keep us posted its full and not likely to open up anytime soon

G

I wouldn't expect too much more than was has already been given.

G

Kudos to Pari.

Judging by some of the outrageous comments on the blog, it can't be a very pleasant experience to be facing the angry mob there today, particularly when I'm sure she is just as gutted (probably more so) about the game closing as many others.

Polly

T

TKSpeedy1

Parizad is a brave woman....or are the guys just chickens?

G

<blockquote><hr>

particularly when I'm sure she is just as gutted (probably more so) about the game closing as many others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. We're losing a game. She's losing a job.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey! It takes a lot of courage to hide behind something as flimsy as a woman's skirt!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey! It takes a lot of courage to hide behind something as flimsy as a woman's skirt!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I will miss your wit Donavan.

P

Paula778

[image]http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk223/Paula778/?action=view&amp;current=11.jpg[/image]

test

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

particularly when I'm sure she is just as gutted (probably more so) about the game closing as many others.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh I was thinking more of the fact that she's been playing since beta. I've read many comments tonight on the blog, the forums and even on yim, with people saying how sad they feel that the game is closing. After 5 and a half years of playing and more recently working with the game, she gets a double whammy.

And she's prepared to open up Town Hall knowing she is likely to get mucho abuse .... not a job I'd want.

Polly

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

And she's prepared to open up Town Hall knowing she is likely to get mucho abuse .... not a job I'd want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't get in Town Hall, but I truly hope the sims who can will find it in their hearts to have some decorum on this sad day.

G

Unfortunately, I doubt it. She's a brave woman- I give her a ton of credit.

D

DGLita

you gotta hand it to her, she is a brave person opening the town hall today. Im sure she will be ok tho, EA is to blame, not Pari, and im sure everyone will realise that

D

DGLita

hitting reply

Im in the town hall. pari is approving cc as we speak

she was asked if the town hall will open again and she said, not if its like this so I guess she has had a pretty hard time of it

Nothing in the game will change, payouts wont go up, building wont get cheaper, there will be no amnesty gifts.

Ill add more if i find out anymore

G

anyone here that cannot get into the game, period?
guess they locked the doors and threw away the key?
tried several times and all I get just before actually getting to my sims page is internal error.

G

<blockquote><hr>

hitting reply

she was asked if the town hall will open again and she said, not if its like this so I guess she has had a pretty hard time of it

Nothing in the game will change, payouts wont go up, building wont get cheaper, there will be no amnesty gifts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is she gonna approve CC again?

And what did she expect to happen? They grab a pack of smokes from a smoker and expect a thank you?

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldnt me more right. Id say people losing an online game makes her want to barf compared to what she might be losing. People are insensitive like that though.

G

[/ QUOTE ]And what did she expect to happen? They grab a pack of smokes from a smoker and expect a thank you?

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO! Love the analogy!

D

DGLita

Pari has stated that EA will not sell the game, that has already been tried

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

hitting reply

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean "not if its like this"? When you have time (any one who is there) give us a report. Inquiring minds, and all that.`

D

DGLita

Pari has said that CC will continue to be approved until Aug 1st.

I asked again about the phone number for ATM refunds, she said she is going into a meeting about that, so hopefully they will publish that on the blog

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

hitting reply

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean "not if its like this"? When you have time (any one who is there) give us a report. Inquiring minds, and all that.`

[/ QUOTE ]

She said 'not if its like this' I had only just landed when she said that, so I guess the people in the house have been giving her a hard time. And people are pretty pissed off in there, not surprisingly.

Pari has said her job will not exist after Aug 1st, she also has just said she is in big trouble for giving out the phone number for refunds, but that EA know we can ask for them. So I suggest we bombard EA with refund requests.

Sounds like EA are being harder on her than the players are, I feel really bad for her

G

they werent that bad in the house i was in there most are just sad

G

<blockquote><hr>

test

[/ QUOTE ]Here, try this:

Edit: Take 2 - UBB is being a real...

G

Since that's a hard read (at least for me), let me paraphrase:

&lt;Toby Maxwell&gt; Do they have any plans atIs there NO WAYt this game can be saved? No future for the sims Online?
&lt;MaxisParizad&gt; Unfortunately not. We tried guys.
&lt;MaxisParizad&gt; We've been trying the past 5 or 6 weeks.
&lt;-Nikita&gt; I just wanna know what happen
&lt;MaxisParizad&gt; It was final when we were told we couldn't even do any publishes to the game.
&lt;MaxisParizad&gt; Nikita, until August 1st, it is Randy and myself on the game
&lt;MaxisParizad&gt; Just like the olden days of yore
&lt;Fiona&gt; after you been told, why havent the ATMs been disabled?
&lt;MaxisParizad&gt; Fiona, it was b/c we could not touch the game
&lt;MaxisParizad&gt; For a couple of weeks we were under radio silence
&lt;MaxisParizad&gt; We literally would come to work, stare at each other and go play pogo.

T

TSO-Danni

I hope the people who are there have the sense, dignity and common humanity to give the poor woman a break.

No way in hell does she deserve anything less than true admiration and kudos for facing the community at this very moment.

G

That is so depressing.

Again, I give her credit for putting herself in front of the firing squad tonight (well, where I am, anyway). It says a lot about her devotion to the community.

D

DGLita

phone numbers are
Inside US 1-866-543-5435
outside US 1-650-628-4306

Call them and ask for refunds on ATM's AND on game subscriptions. EA gave us pain, its our turn to hurt them back, where it really hurts a heartless souless company like EA

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

Wow, I can't believe EA would treat its employees that way and then not have the nerve to step up in to the boards, town hall or even to issue a public statement to help defend its own choice.

G

<blockquote><hr>

phone numbers are
Inside US 1-866-543-5435

Call them and ask for refunds on ATM's AND on game subscriptions. EA gave us pain, its our turn to hurt them back, where it really hurts a heartless souless company like EA

[/ QUOTE ]

And remember the person you are freaking out on is not the person who took your money and will be swimming in it scrooge mcduck style later on tonight...

They are just schlepping the day away like the rest of us mofos trying to keep our banks full...

Try to be nice.
(omg did I just say that)

I

imported_Brownie

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

phone numbers are
Inside US 1-866-543-5435

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT PROMPT - Tried to call, no prompt for EALand, everything else directs to website

G

just get to the part where it asks about billing and go with it
LOL...that's what I did

T

Terra Pin

So.... they aren't allowed to touch the game at all from now til the plug is pulled? CC will be approved but nothing else? I was at least hoping for skill decay to be turned off and payouts to return to 'normal'... allow us to have SOME ability to have fun during the last 3 months. You know... make our dream lots.... construct the perfect 'end of days party pad'.... something!

Madra/Mairi

I

imported_Brownie

<blockquote><hr>

LOL...that's what I did

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh hell, I started hitting the zero like a crazy woman &amp; IT WORKED! I got a nice person, refunds on this months fee for all my accounts &amp; refund request for my simoleans processed.

G

Just hitting reply:

IMHO Not one of us players should have to call and request a refund. EA should automatically grant it to every single paying player. That goes too for the ATM purchases for game money. They knew this ship was sinking, yet did nothing to disable the ATM's. Shame on you EA.

Y

yellowrosehip

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

LOL...that's what I did

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh hell, I started hitting the zero like a crazy woman &amp; IT WORKED! I got a nice person, refunds on this months fee for all my accounts &amp; refund request for my simoleans processed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was told that I cannot get a refund on this months account considering my billing was for April 9th and the month is almost over. I calmly and firmly explained that if I had known that it would be cancelled, I certainly wouldn't have paid for the last several months and certainly not for April.

I will be supposedly getting a call back from a supervisor since I insisted on it when she said there was nothing she could do. I said that if I didn't, I would call incessantly until I did.

I'm giving 48 hours. If I don't get a call back and get something, I will call and call and call until I do.

Fu**ers.