• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tower of the Moon Alliance Greatly Harmed

S

stonecypher

This evening, a sad event indeed. I will attempt to not show bias or give personal offense so this does not get deleted. My intent is not to report falsely or voice slander, but to document this occurrence.

The guild leader of The Mage Tower, made a decision that has effected The Tower of the Moon alliance. CTDM (Covenant of the Dark Moon) is no longer a part of that alliance. Although CTDM was equally a catalyst for this alliance, hence, Tower of the Moon. There was no dialogue with the guild leaders of CTDM prior to the booting of CTDM from the alliance. Nor were any alliance elders present in the meeting. The reason specifically given for the release was that I am a member of the CTDM guild.

I understand that most don't know me here on the forums and some may not agree with me or my methods past. And most likely have read the books I laid down months ago have been read by at least some of you. It is also understood that some players were upset about those books I wrote regarding MT's guild leader and the wrongs I felt were done to myself and the other guild members as well as elders. But beyond that, it now seems that most of my concerns are commonly shared by others.

Prior to this evening; the guild leader of MT announced his departure from UO siting various reasons, but this is no longer a concern.

Most of the elders are no longer in MT. I now strongly understand and agree with YALP of CTDM, "The best vengence is to go on living happily and have fun." This we will do.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to allow this IF it stays constructive. Please don't go to places we don't need it too. I'm stuck in the middle enough.

Y

Yalp

CTDM is unfortunately, not at all surprised by the dissolving of the Tower of the Moon Alliance. However, it won't affect our game play and our enthusiasm for our friends and colleagues. Actions such as this, are designed to add drama to a game which we all come to for fun and enjoyment. I for one, refuse to let it diminish my love of the game and desire to stand next to our friends in all that is Baja.

We continue to be humble servants to friend and stranger alike!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

S

stonecypher

I'm going to allow this IF it stays constructive. Please don't go to places we don't need it too. I'm stuck in the middle enough.
Understood. And tyvm Oriana. :) We will not get out of hand. Specifically out of respect for your decision.

I

Ivan - MT

Thank you reporter StoneCypher for your brief story on last nights events. I'm sure all of Baja is eagerly anticipating all the true & savory details that only you can report.

As for CTDM, I wish them all the best in their future endeavors.

Ivan

S

stonecypher

I'm not taking the bait Ivan. I'm posting something that was deleted off the MT forums last night. It's a commentary by Ceno of MT. The person I feel this has effected the most. I'm taking some liberties and omitting some things that may be taken offense to.

"I have loved the Mage Tower for many years now. I have been in MT longer than any player so far and we have had our ups, and we have had our downs.
I think this is the lowest I have ever seen MT fall and its a sad day for me.
Myself and a few others get blamed for things when it wasn't all our faults.

The Mage Tower has never thought of itself as a "guild"....MT is a community of players who come together to have fun. To teach those new to the lands the arts of magery and to truly have fun. MT was a free spirit so to speak, you may come and go as you'd like and didn't even have to be a member of the guild to be "in" the guild.
The Tower....The "guild" do not belong to one person....or even to the guild. The Mage Tower belongs to the people of Baja.
We would Role play with The Dark Tower (evil version of MT) here and there and have a great time doing so.
I was going to try to fix that, reunite with our sister guild. So many things I wanted for MT.

But that MT is gone now.... You must ask to join other guilds, or even leave the guild in general. And if you do leave without asking, your loyalty is questioned. [omission]
I personally have used my RL money to help the Lake Superior MT. I left books all over different servers to find our brothers and sisters to help rebuild what we have all lost...but my loyalty gets questioned.

[omission]
I will not quit MT. But I will not be an active member any more. I will help the LS Tower more than I will Baja's. At least on LS...they will stay true to the ways of MT....and be the way it was always meant to be....Fun for ALL....[omission] -Ceno

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*
Thank you Stoney for your kind words.
Out of respect for Afk and UTB, I will be pulling my chars out from their guild. It seems that being in another guild besides one is a bad thing and I do not wish to hurt the alliance.

S

stonecypher

*sigh*
Thank you Stoney for your kind words.
Out of respect for Afk and UTB, I will be pulling my chars out from their guild. It seems that being in another guild besides one is a bad thing and I do not wish to hurt the alliance.
Ceno I really don't think that is necessary at all. You are loved and respected. I think that would be somewhat misguided. I felt like that as well and apologized to CTDM's elders. But we need you man! Frankly, I think you leaving will do more harm than good. Please reconsider and help us make Baja stronger and FUN!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no intentions of leaving Baja Stoney =)
There is another Tower who has welcomed me with open arms....although...All are welcomed in MT but I'm sure they want me in the guild =P
it just so happens that MT is on another server. I spent a long time trying to find them and my intent was always to help both Baja and LS. I will still play on Baja, and will log on LS whenever they need me there. Where ever there is a Mage Tower....I will be there =)
what kind of historian would I be if I wasnt?

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it looks like Ceno has been kicked out of The Mage Tower.
No idea what I did....I wasnt on my MT char that much yesterday....went house hunting with some peeps from Dawn....called 911 for my grandmother....go to bed....get up go to work....get home from work....click on guild tab to see whos online...."What would you like to name your new guild"

Y

Yalp

Ceno my friend, I am truly sorry, for I know what MT meant to you. I do hope your game becomes fun again, and your adventures successful! I know you did nothing to cause this and I hope you don't take it personally.. sliding into a downward spiral of depression, booze, pills, cybersex or insane ravings like a maniac!:D

S

stonecypher

Well it looks like Ceno has been kicked out of The Mage Tower.
No idea what I did....I wasnt on my MT char that much yesterday....went house hunting with some peeps from Dawn....called 911 for my grandmother....go to bed....get up go to work....get home from work....click on guild tab to see whos online...."What would you like to name your new guild"
GAH! So many things I want to say about this.... But I will say, "The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief." ~William Shakespeare, Othello

I

Ivan - MT

Only one side of the story is being mentioned here, but that's ok. His post that you mentioned that I deleted is sorta still there to this day, it's his second version that I allowed to remain (with flames included). The post that you show above is NOT the same flaming post directed at me about him claiming I'm destroying MT.

"sliding into a downward spiral of depression, booze, pills, cybersex or insane ravings like a maniac!"....all but the depression part sounds like a blast!

I

Ivan - MT

A Mod should just lock the thread, there's no point in having it here anyway.

M

M_T_Alias

I am writing this post as an Alias for fear of getting booted from a guild(community) I love. I have in the last few months noticed a decline in leadership from a few people in the upper ranks. In the abbsence of our keeper (was taking a break) the elders where stepping up to take the rains. For the most part this was happening. Then when a faction idea/implement was brought in it all went down hill from there. I do see a serious problem with the community now. Now we have ONE leader and no elders. The same leader has control over the whole Guild (community) and also crontrols the forum, accounting, and our communication server. That is a serious problem. One ruler in a community this size is a problem for everyone in the community. No more will there be meetings with any voices herd from the community, and if there is, the GM does what he wants. This is evident with most of the elders leaving and the rest of them being stripped of there rank by the GM. Why did the remaining elders get stripped???? Was it in fear of a Cu?? Not sure, but as a community I am part of, it scares me so, that MT went from guild keeper, and elders to a singe controlling factor!! I hope this was a ok post Oriana. I have no intention of flaming anyone, its just what I have seen in the past few months and days.

S

stonecypher

A Mod should just lock the thread, there's no point in having it here anyway.
To the contrary. I see many people who want to talk about this. I really don't see anything wrong with speaking about this here. I do see something wrong with attempting to use in game politics to close the thread or keep people from speaking about this in a constructive way.

But I am comfortable with this thread being locked at this time. As Jarlaxle said, It's only a matter of time before this becomes a flame thread. And we will continue the conversation if need be on our forums.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this moment in time, I am past it all. Does not bother me if this is locked, no idea why it should though since there have been no flames. It hurt to be removed from MT because of a situation being taken out of contexts.
I even have a question regarding Ivan's comment on these forums but I will not ask it.
because again, this is all past me. I have had my eyes opened and with help from a certain friend (you know who you are) helped me see the light.
I will not say what my plans are....but this is not the last you have heard of Ceno, Historian of The Mage Tower.
I can assure all of Baja that something is coming.....something Baja has not seen in many years.
So keep your eyes peeled on Stratics *grins*

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My deepest condolences @ this thread.
I'm with you, SuperKen, as I know many others are. It hurts me to see such wonderful people at odds and I hope that some day, the bridges will be mended.
Exactly. It's disappointing in so many ways to ever see this sort of thing happen; I don't know the story nor do I choose to know it. I just think it's sad to see it happen to some pretty cool people on all sides of this.

R

Rasputin of Baja

For the record this is Locutis...some of you may know me under my other aliases...Richard Blade, Gaea (G), Dio, or Sakai. Up until recently I was a member of MT, but I decided to part ways because of the direction I saw the guild taking. I will not go into details because at this point they serve no purpose except to fuel the drama that surrounds the current situation and drag this whole ugly mess on.

Instead I would rather focus on what I enjoyed most about MT and most recently the alliance. That thing was a sense of community and logging on to connect with a bunch of friends whose sole purpose was to get together and have fun. Although some of us have either left MT voluntarily or been booted involuntarily from MT I don't think the underlying foundations of our alliance or community has been broken. In fact, the next day after having left MT many of us (chars from CTDM, S*RE, and L/L) were fighting side by side people still in MT as if none of this drama had occurred. Again this past weekend the weekly alliance doom run had chars from numerous guilds, including chars from those ousted from the alliance, all working together as if nothing had happened. I think this shows that the underlying foundation of the alliance is strong and those of us that want to just get together and have fun will continue to do so regardless of guild affiliation, although I will be the first to admit that the loss of in-game alliance chat has been hard felt. At the end of it all I had fun just hanging out with everyone and that is really what our alliance is/should be all about...although I will state for the record that I am still WAY overdue an arty drop!

With that said I don't think that this thread should be locked as it is a way for those of us no longer in MT to easily communicate with the alliance since we have all had access to the MT website removed. I am not sure of the correct forum to bring this up in but I think many of the recent "unilateral" alliance actions that have been taken on the behalf of the alliance by the GM of MT shows that to some extent his personal feelings are influencing his in-game actions. Although I am now just a part of the "informal" alliance now I personnally feel that the alliance would be best served by either AFK or UTB taking the lead and reforming the alliance in it's previous state before the recent events. Whether all the guilds rejoin will show just how important community really is to each and whether individuals can put aside their personal differences for the betterment of their guilds as a whole and the alliance in general.

Now that I have said my peace I will leave and try to do what I do best...log into UO...have some fun...and take a dirtnap or two! I have learned over the years it is always ideal to end things on a positive note. Given that I would mention that one plus of being part of the informal rather than formal alliance is that I no longer flag green in doom to the AFK archers and I noticed that I didn't come away with hiney full of arrows! Just kidding you all...you know I love ya! I would be dead several times over if it wasn't for timely heals by Mama and others in the alliance!!!

Hope to see you all on the field soon! It's high time we put the drama behind us and do what we all do best...get together and have some fun!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Given that I would mention that one plus of being part of the informal rather than formal alliance is that I no longer flag green in doom to the AFK archers and I noticed that I didn't come away with hiney full of arrows!
*ROFL* Gotta love our archers! I have scars and stitches that are still healing.

Hope to see you all on the field soon! It's high time we put the drama behind us and do what we all do best...get together and have some fun!
*seconds motion* *strikes gavel on desk* Motion carried!:lick:

S

stonecypher

With that said I don't think that this thread should be locked as it is a way for those of us no longer in MT to easily communicate with the alliance since we have all had access to the MT website removed. I am not sure of the correct forum to bring this up in but I think many of the recent "unilateral" alliance actions that have been taken on the behalf of the alliance by the GM of MT shows that to some extent his personal feelings are influencing his in-game actions. Although I am now just a part of the "informal" alliance now I personnally feel that the alliance would be best served by either AFK or UTB taking the lead and reforming the alliance in it's previous state before the recent events. Whether all the guilds rejoin will show just how important community really is to each and whether individuals can put aside their personal differences for the betterment of their guilds as a whole and the alliance in general.

Now that I have said my peace I will leave and try to do what I do best...log into UO...have some fun...and take a dirtnap or two! I have learned over the years it is always ideal to end things on a positive note. Given that I would mention that one plus of being part of the informal rather than formal alliance is that I no longer flag green in doom to the AFK archers and I noticed that I didn't come away with hiney full of arrows! Just kidding you all...you know I love ya! I would be dead several times over if it wasn't for timely heals by Mama and others in the alliance!!!

G you are a prince man! You are one of the greatest reasons I still love this game bro! Seriously, you have a way of taking the poison out of a wound with pure humor! *sniffle* You da man! ....no vaporub references please! :9

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Given that I would mention that one plus of being part of the informal rather than formal alliance is that I no longer flag green in doom to the AFK archers and I noticed that I didn't come away with hiney full of arrows!
*ROFL* Gotta love our archers! I have scars and stitches that are still healing.

*seconds motion* *strikes gavel on desk* Motion carried!:lick:
What they said. And LMAO about the afk archers, as one lol I am guilty of many er um, miss fires? It's not on purpose though I promise, well for me anyway.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What they said. And LMAO about the afk archers, as one lol I am guilty of many er um, miss fires? It's not on purpose though I promise, well for me anyway.
I see that glint in your eye before I feel the burn on my arse from an arrow whizzing by. *ROFL* And btw, I sure miss seeing you ingame. Come back woman! If Ill Saint is back to being able to play without as much lag, he's going to need a "dude" to pick on. :D

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see that glint in your eye before I feel the burn on my arse from an arrow whizzing by. *ROFL* And btw, I sure miss seeing you ingame. Come back woman! If Ill Saint is back to being able to play without as much lag, he's going to need a "dude" to pick on. :D
I know, life has just been being mean. Working on it though.

L

LadyAlly

It is fun to hide and have a dismount ready....then another member comes by......usually Ceno :D .......jump out of hiding and dismount him! Lmao....it's great! Ceno and I have a mutual understanding.....we can shoot each other, but we don't kill each other.

I was laughin so hard I was cryin the other day. We were in the stronghold in Brit and I was stealthin around. In comes Ceno on his mount. He runs in and stops in the middle of the room.....he doesn't hide, he just stands there. So I jump out of hiding and hit him with dismount! He says, "Gah! You scared the crap out of me!" Hahahahaha.....it's still funny!!

Ally :hahaha:

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is fun to hide and have a dismount ready....then another member comes by......usually Ceno :D .......jump out of hiding and dismount him! Lmao....it's great! Ceno and I have a mutual understanding.....we can shoot each other, but we don't kill each other.

I was laughin so hard I was cryin the other day. We were in the stronghold in Brit and I was stealthin around. In comes Ceno on his mount. He runs in and stops in the middle of the room.....he doesn't hide, he just stands there. So I jump out of hiding and hit him with dismount! He says, "Gah! You scared the crap out of me!" Hahahahaha.....it's still funny!!

Ally :hahaha:

Allllllllly-eeeeee! now everyone is gonna think I'm a wuss!
*man pride hurt* =(

L

Lord Ichijo

I herby promise to try not to shoot Mama Faith in the butt :eek: with arrows or at least keep it to under 5 shots a week.:lick:

Y

Yalp

and I promise that when I hit Mama with a fireball in her ear, to provide enough salve to soothe the pain!

C

Chandor

Ya'll crack me up!

It was fun running around on Iago when he was red and listen to everyone scream when I ran up! LOL!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poor Ceno. *snicker* The first time I had a stealther turn the tables on me, my heart skipped a beat. :gun: As for Yalp, Ori, Ill Saint and Ichijo? I'm gonna start wearing a pillow on my rear and fire retardant armor!:stretcher: Ya'll are dangerous! :twak: (loves ya anyway)

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
haha, see thats why for MY archer.....I drag life bars up and dbl click on those! less chance of miss fires =)
so if I DO shoot ya....might not have been an oops....*Evil grins*

L

LadyAlly

Hmmm.....I think I see another dismount coming.......:D
*Robin Hood sharpens the point on arrow and writes a name on the shaft*
C......E.......N.......ummm, hi :lick: