• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Tournament Invitation

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I wish to invite all interested players to an open tournament that I will host on the Catskills shard on Monday,March 17th at 8 pm Central time. No restrictions on gear or template. This will be a 1v1,single elimination tournament.

Prize for first place will be two reforge tools (total of 10 charges) purchased from the Origin Store plus 50% of the entrance fees. Second place will earn 25% of the entrance fees. Entrance fee of 100k per player will be required by at least two days before the tournament.This is so I can set up the brackets and have everything ready to go.

If you wish to enter this tournament,either leave a post here,pm me here,or send me an ICQ message to 664693805.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That's my birthday! I was going to throw a party! Perhaps we can hold my birthday party then have your tournament!

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be sure to post a reminder as the date draws nigh...
I don't PvP so I won't be entering but a night at a tournament is always a welcome respite from the daily chores..

Flutter you turning 18 again this year?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Be sure to post a reminder as the date draws nigh...
I don't PvP so I won't be entering but a night at a tournament is always a welcome respite from the daily chores..

Flutter you turning 18 again this year?
It's one of the anniversaries for my 35th birthday ;)

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Posting a reminder that the tournament is still planned for the 17th of March at 8 pm central time. First prize is 2 forged metal tools. Total of 10 charges.

Kamikaze

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Will it be taking place in one of the arenas or..? Just trying to get a few details about this because it sounds quite interesting.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It will be held in the arenas. It will be held in the arena in Haven unless a player enters a red character. In that case,it will be held in the arena next to the T2A area.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sign me up, and I'll gladly pay 100k - I thought entrance was going to be like 5m or something haha :p
Nah and I am also considering on just dropping the fee altogether. I was only using that fee to make sure that the ones that wanted to compete actually showed up.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am making a couple of changes to the tournament.Entrance fees are now waived,and 1st place will also receive 1 mil along with the two reforge tools.Second place will receive 500k.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would like to donate 5M to the prize pool @Dag Nabbit please get with me to receive this gold.
That is awesome of you Flutter.Thank you. I'll match your five million so that the total purse is 10 million that will distributed to the top four finishers.

5 mil,and the two reforge tools,for 1st place.
3 mil for 2nd place.
1 mil each for the two semifinalists.

Now what I need to do is to get a definitive list of all that have posted in three separate threads telling me they want to enter. So far I have five people that will compete. I'd like to see a lot more.

Last edited:

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Can I donate as well?

I can donate an imbued weapon for the top 3
That would be appreciated.What I would also ask for everyone to ask friends that play to see if they would want to enter the tournament. So far I have only five,maybe six,that have said that they will enter.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
count me in for the tournament
We now have nine that said that they wish to compete in the tournament. Here's the list so far.

Smoot
Gillian
Rorik
Dantes
Mylar
Dezera Blackwell
Quickblade
Valis Razele
Chris

Last edited:

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Very good. We now have a 'full bracket' of eight players. This does make things easier with setting up the tournament pairings.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This is the last call for those that would like to enter the tournament. I'll be setting the bracket pairings by this time tomorrow and will not be accepting new entries. Thanks.

Kamikaze

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Another quick question.. will there be any restrictions whatsoever?? Like say a ban on tamers? Cuz to me pvp is not fighting somebodies greater dragon in a very small enclosed area...

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Another quick question.. will there be any restrictions whatsoever?? Like say a ban on tamers? Cuz to me pvp is not fighting somebodies greater dragon in a very small enclosed area...
No restrictions in this one. If I see that a tamer is just destroying all his opponents and wins the tournament with ease,then the next one I host will limit the tamer to four slots. From what I know of who has signed up,there's not a tamer that has entered.

Kamikazi,if you do want to enter the tournament,I need to know today before 2 pm central time. That's when I am finalizing the pairings I have made.

Last edited:

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Chris is a tamer, but I'm not opposed to fighting his Bane and him at the same time. Although it will eat most of this competition, probably myself included :p

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If I end up fighting a bunch of dragons... Well.. we'll just see how things go before I give away the surprise ;)