• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Top 5 reasons you love SP

• Thread starter imported_Mr. Sly
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Mr. Sly

I thought it would be fun to name the top 5 things we love about our home shard.

1.Freedom

2.Community

3.Roleplayers

4.For me..ability to steal anywhere anytime. [laugh

5.All pk's

G

1. less item-based, more skill-based gameplay
2. crafting is useful here
3. excitement in pvp (minus the pets)
4. my friends are here.

G

(SP is the only form of UO left today I am willing to play but these are the reasons why I am not)

Top 5 reason why I hate SP:
1) Bugs
2) RoT
3) Empty dungeons and towns
4) Item based combat*
5) Instance corpses

*You are full of [censored] if you think SP is less item based then production shards, if anything items on Siege are even more overpowered.
UO post-AoS is an item based game.

N

Nerf-Herder

1. Community. pancake all you want about it being small, but we all know each other, we can all kill each other, and there really isn't anywhere to hide.
2. ROT. Sure, it needs to be tweaked, but I still prefer it to that GGS crap on the prodo shards.
3. PKing! Made easier here because half the shard is too stupid to stop running when they hear the deathstrike noise and many dont seem to know what a [censored] cure potion is!
4. No Trammel
5. You can kill annoying bank sitters here!

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

(SP is the only form of UO left today I am willing to play but these are the reasons why I am not)

Top 5 reason why I hate SP:
1) Bugs
2) RoT
3) Empty dungeons and towns
4) Item based combat*
5) Instance corpses

*You are full of [censored] if you think SP is less item based then production shards, if anything items on Siege are even more overpowered.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats funny... I dont carry a signle arty yet i still do decent against everyone. And my collection of looted items is growing. Well, maybe you just lacked the skill part? so you u just blame it on items? I still don;t get why you even post here. If u hate the game so much, why are you here?

G

Lie to me and tell me you don't use a super fast weapon with an On Hit Spell, etc.

Remove the Siege Personal Bless and bonding then maybe, just maybe will siege not be as item based as production shards but...

G

<blockquote><hr>

4) Item based combat*

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You haven't been PvP'ing on a regular shard like Atlantic in some time.

If you haven't got a 100M PvP suit on Atlantic, you'll be dropped like a stone all the freakin' time. You've got to have 2/6, 40 LMC, 100 LRC, 45 DCI, and all 70's to survive as a mage or necro.

On siege, PvP is definitely still item-based, but it's nowhere near as bad.

N

Nerf-Herder

Croaker said "Less item-based combat"... and he is correct. You mention an uber fast weapon. Yes, many people run with these. However; on Siege you do not need to get a WHOLE [censored] SUIT of top shelf items to go PvP.

Just your one blessed woobie, a little imagination, and a good sense of humor.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If you haven't got a 100M PvP suit on Atlantic, you'll be dropped like a stone all the freakin' time. You've got to have 2/6, 40 LMC, 100 LRC, 45 DCI, and all 70's

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed but in honesty the cost/amount of items doesnt change that the combat on siege is based on what item you have pbd and who you roll with when wearing your high end. The days of a vanqs and gm leather armor where skill had more effect over damage then what props were on the item are long gone but missed dearly.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Lie to me and tell me you don't use a super fast weapon with an On Hit Spell, etc.

Remove the Siege Personal Bless then maybe, just maybe will siege not be as item based as production shards but...

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, I do use a blessed weapon. I dont deny that. But how is using ONE decent item more item based than using a full suit of amazing items?
You are a joke. Seriously. In an attempt to not break roc, all I will say is this: why are you posting here? do you even play anymore? If you hate the game, why do you feel we need to hear your opinions? Why must you come here and try and make other people dislike the game, or scare new players away? Does that make you feel powerful? More womanly? or manly, if you are a man.

G

I played a long time on Siege and even longer in UO and grow up playing Ultima. Even if ATM my accounts are closed (because I am boycotting) I still want news so I come here. So what if they are closed, it doesn't mean my opinion no longer matters anymore then yours. I still will give my opinion in hopes that the Devs will one day see their errors, fix their mistakes and make UO what Ultima is meant to be.

Not only am I against siege personal blessing I also hate bonding.
Both hurt Siege Perilous, UO...

~RGTR4L

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

I played a long time on Siege and even longer in UO and grow up playing Ultima. Even if ATM my accounts are closed (because I am boycotting) I still want news so I come here. So what if they are closed, it doesn't mean my opinion no longer matters anymore then yours. I still will give my opinion in hopes that the Devs will one day see their errors, fix their mistakes and make UO what Ultima is meant to be.

[/ QUOTE ]
ok, I can respect that. I can. It is understandable to use the forum even when not playing if you have hoped to be able to come back once things are fixed. But all I ask is that you don't take such a negative approach. You are NOT helping by trying to scare people away fromt he game. You are NOT helping by just saying how much stuff sucks. You would be helping by making productive suggestions, by following the thread topic and saying what you like best (so it may be able to be emphasized by devs, maybe?)... Every post i read by you is - in short- "This game sucks!", with no positive or productive messages.

Its just sometimes a downer to come here and hope more people join, only to read your posts which basically scream "DONT PLAY, THE GAME SUCKS!"

I enjoy the game. A lot. Sure, there are things broken, there are parts i dislike, but I am willign to look past most and focus ont he fun. For me there is more fun than not fun. I understand if thats not the case for you, but please, try to be more productive and please don;t picket the game. Let others play and have fun. You can have your own personal boycott and hatred if you'd like, but I know they only way that this game will get better is by telling the devs what we want and how we want it via proper forms of feedback and communication. Just spewing negative comments will nto fix anything.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

So what if they are closed, it doesn't mean my opinion no longer matters anymore then yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually thats exactly what it means to me.

G

The good people.
The bad people. Being blind, there are no ugly people.
Danger lurking around every corner. No, not you, [LURK] members.
RoT. I like it. *shrugs*
None of that disgusting insurance nonsense.

I

imported_Magnolia

1. Excitement
2. ExCitement
3. ExCiTement
4. ExCiTeMent
5. ExCiTeMeNt!!!!!

I

imported_Krystal

1) pking
2) Raids
3) friends
4) enimies
5) looting

SP all around is the best shard/game out there! Soon as they fix the rot and cheaters, sp will be full of people to kill again!:)

C

Chessy

#1 - Cheating is so easy on Siege
#2 - Macroing skills is also too easy.
#3 - Afk with a loop proggie gaining skill. Wow how hard
#4 - The people who have played 5 years or less think they "KNOW" the game.
#5 - My fav. - The res killing over and over.

Goron you sit there beside Kelmo on your throne and pretty much dictate to people NOT to have a negitive comment towards Siege or other production shards. Hell , I am glad that the population of UO is falling. If people ask my opinion I tell them HOW to CHEAT , the reasons for cheating and why it is a problem since the first week the game was started.
Blessed items shouldn't be a part of Siege. Nothing wrong with RoT. As for changin EVERY part of Siege to get new players and gorw the population. I really think Siege and the so called "vets" need a reality check. Its the treatment that players recieve when they forst come to Siege that makes them stop. Its not the fourms. Am I negitive towards Osi/Ea , hell yea... Do I care for your opinion , Nope not the slightest. I will like I have said. de-rail people from becoming the so called "Community Of Siege" or any production shard. Free Shards is where its at for me. Play and dont pay. No need to deal with peoples E-Peens.
Disgrunted... Na... Just truth full after 10 years.

I

imported_Soul'Ess

1. Small, close Community
2. The Players (Everyone is Unique)
3. Close To Olde Skool Rules Without Going To A Player Run Shard
4. Not having to hunt through 2 exact maps (Trammel/Fel) To find ppl to "play" with.
5. Seige is NOT nearly as close to item based gameplay as prodo shards.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Goron you sit there beside Kelmo on your throne and pretty much dictate to people NOT to have a negitive comment towards Siege or other production shards. Hell , I am glad that the population of UO is falling. If people ask my opinion I tell them HOW to CHEAT , the reasons for cheating and why it is a problem since the first week the game was started.
Blessed items shouldn't be a part of Siege. Nothing wrong with RoT. As for changin EVERY part of Siege to get new players and gorw the population. I really think Siege and the so called "vets" need a reality check. Its the treatment that players recieve when they forst come to Siege that makes them stop. Its not the fourms. Am I negitive towards Osi/Ea , hell yea... Do I care for your opinion , Nope not the slightest. I will like I have said. de-rail people from becoming the so called "Community Of Siege" or any production shard. Free Shards is where its at for me. Play and dont pay. No need to deal with peoples E-Peens.

[/ QUOTE ]lol

I

imported_Mr. Sly

I knew i should have added the sentence--
(Please no negative responses.) lol my mistake .

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think most of the shard would agree with you on these two issues.

I personally don't have a big problem with the siege bless, since it's only one item and everyone can do it. I wouldn't mind seeing it go away, however.

I also agree that it shouldn't be possible to bond any critter other than a horse, ostard, blue beetle, or fire beetle. That'd remove the effectiveness of tamers in pvp, for sure!

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

I knew i should have added the sentence--
(Please no negative responses.) lol my mistake .

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought you did with the topic "Top 5 reasons you love SP"...

I

imported_Krystal

i see nothing wrong with one pbd, i cant see a reason why we cant keep one unique item in our pack (that we worked hard for) outta 15 + items. but i think tamers should have to pbd thier pet if they dont want to lose it. bonding shouldn't be on sp. that's like having 3 PBDs:/ if u dont pbd ur pet then they should be dead forever!

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

but i think tamers should have to pbd thier pet if they dont want to lose it. bonding shouldn't be on sp. that's like having 3 PBDs:/ if u dont pbd ur pet then they should be dead forever!

[/ QUOTE ]I dont bless anything with goron(well, i do but its nothing special) :) I'd be willing to bless my beetle.

G

1. You guys
2. You guys
3. You guys
4. The guys on the other shards
5. I still need to get even with Krystal

Kind regards

G

1. Pking and actually getting LEWT
2. Being able to PK in all lands
3. Being able to PK people in a small community
4. Community
5. Because all my favorite enemies play SP

P

pikon198

I'll list my top 5 reasons for loving siege in an hour. Right now im busy trying to find a tamer to die to or a blue to call the guards on me HARHARHAR!!!

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

90% of the rest of us wanted that one blessed item, your in the minority here

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you and why would u be posting on the siege forums?

I

imported_SavageSP

1. Boards, the Siege Boards are top notch, anyone playing here that doesnt look at the boards at least once a day is missing out on half of what Siege is.

2. My Guildmates, we win some ,we lose some, but we have been through alot and still all get along very well and enjoy each others company.

3. No Insurance, No Trammel to Hide in after running your mouth or being an ass in general, at least here you can dish out justice or vengence.

4. Crafters are needed here.

5. Housing, even when I started here and the population was higher, there was plenty of housing to be found and plenty of running room.

G

siege players are against item based pvp right? how can anyone defend the single bless item?...

I

imported_Elmer Fudd

<blockquote><hr>

You are a joke. Seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

Man your so antagonistic, man you say im bad all you do is get on here and bash everyone, man ease up let the guy have his opinion,.......lol

Hes only trying to participate....lol

Hypocritical Cupcake 4 U

I

imported_Elmer Fudd

<blockquote><hr>

You are a joke. Seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

Man your so antagonistic, jees the guys only stateing HIS opinion, your so rude to people, whats your problem? Cant you be nicer, Jees how rude can you be?

let the guy have his opinion,.....lol'

THIS FOR YOU GORON!!!!

Hypocritical Cupcake 4 U!

P

pikon198

can i have a cupcake too, ive been hearing from everyone how good they are and well frankly i feel like ive been missing out.

I

imported_Elmer Fudd

These are my Top Five...lol

1# Two Girls and A Cup
2# Ridin Spinas
3# I See Goat's (In the BarnYard)
4# Tub-Girl
5# Being Able To use all Cheats and Hacks with No one Knowing--(Shhh!!)

Poo Filled Cupcakes 4 All

I

imported_Elmer Fudd

Only way you get a cake from me, is its mandatory you must insult me very good, or its just not the same, its gotta be good though!!

Lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

Only way you get a cake from me, is its mandatory you must insult me very good, or its just not the same, its gotta be good though!!

Lol

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* I can not think of any insults esp really good ones, but do you have any hostess choc. cuppy cakes with the lil white filling ? How bout some twinkies ?

I could go for one of either of those right about now, if they're on ye menu, cuz all I got here is one leftover stale oreo cookie.

I

imported_Elmer Fudd

Lemme think about what kinda Cake you need, its got to be wery wery special 4 you!!
Thinking............Thinking.............Thinking............Thinking........you get these baby!

Bavarian Cream Cupcakes 4 U

G

Well thank you... bavarian cream befitting a zen Queen, umm yummy

&amp; my royal dawg, Bavarian Cream, well he thanks ye too

C

chessy_sp

1. Crafting
2. Running
3. oOo
4. See 1.
5. Is not Great Lakes

G

1. The people
2. I have value as a crafter
3. the community spirit
4. Some parts of RoT (no walls to gaining)
5. Did I mention the people?

B

Blade Spirit

Only played Siege for 1 week so take this witht he benefit of the doubt.
1. NO EN OU Trammel!
2. NO insurance!
3. The fact you can't do all you want on one account it means you depend on others, leading to a more complex community than prod shards.
4. Atmosphere is actually closer to the golden age of UO (when it all started).
5. The shard is unique. You want these rules, you play here, nowhere else!

As for those who still say UO is item based game. It surely is in a kind of way, however, skill always ALWAYS wins. This is what I've learnt from my 9 years experience, expecially in pvp. Publishes come out, templates change, nerfs come and go and yet those who are really good remain on top throughout all this. It means skill still counts.
No sir, 12mr 40lmc 100lrc (which is now easy to get) won't make you cast the right spell.
No sir, 40ssi 45hci 100di won't make you use the correct weapon and the correct special for the fight.
No item can supply for the lack of skill.
Sure they can help, but they don't make good one who is not. They only make it more fun to kill!

My 2 cents!

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, here it is for me:

1. The smaller Community. Although, right now it might be a little too small!
2. Crafting.
3. RoT. I would like to see it tweaked a bit, however I would take it any day in it's current form over GGS.
4. Player-Run Events. Because of our smaller community, I think they take on a life on their own; they just have a unique quality to them.
5. Public Vents. Even thought I have not been in vent in a long time, it is something that I really enjoyed in the past. Where else can I get serenaded by a guitar-playing vampire?

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

These are my Top Five...lol

1# Two Girls and A Cup
2# Ridin Spinas
3# I See Goat's (In the BarnYard)
4# Tub-Girl
5# Being Able To use all Cheats and Hacks with No one Knowing--(Shhh!!)

Poo Filled Cupcakes 4 All

[/ QUOTE ]

lol please fuddiepooo... Some of these readers don't understand sacrasm and will take you seriously. :p

And Queen Z should have an "Italian" Creme cupcake!!!...

G

Och, aye? Only 5? Ye're a reet tight laddie, an' no mistake! Awl reet, here goes then.

1. Wine
2. Wummen
3. Song. Though folks tends ta bash me when ah starts singin'. One laddie once chased me halfway across Malas, jest orn account o a song ah sang bout his muvver.
4. Factions
5. Ah kin see reet up Puffy's robe from me bedroom windah next ta th' crypts.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

1. The people
<font color="blue">2. I have value as a crafter</font>
3. the community spirit
4. Some parts of RoT (no walls to gaining)
5. Did I mention the people?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am hoping this new patch will enforce that even more.
The runic changes are in the right direction. They just need to make metal armor worth wearing again... I think they are going in the WRONG direction by making barbed leather harder to get (BoS changes, Dragon buffs). Rather, they should just make metal armor better to balance the armor types out.

I miss my chain/plate dexxer suit:-(

G

5. Ah kin see reet up Puffy's robe from me bedroom windah next ta th' crypts.
--------

I am not sure that would be a good thing or bad thing on Siege...

but *I* am not gonna go lookin up his robe to find out, &amp; I aint lookin up ye kilt, neither !!! *ponders why ye even are lookin UP Puffy's robe ye smitten with him or something or just doing comparative annalysis ?...* lol

*somethings are better left shrouded in a mystery ..........covered in secret, &amp; kept under wraps, too*

G

1. the smaller commuity of people( friends and enemies)
2. its the most like old UO other than maybe the free shards
3. My glorious and beautiful collection of death robes
4. Items are worth something, unlike production shards where they are obtainable on every corner
5. And of course you Sly!

G

# 1. It's SIEGE

# 2. My Friends

#3. My Guild

#4. It's not Trammy land

#5. All you crazy people