• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Toon/NPC context menu problems

Kirran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Seems like cursor selections are getting buffered somewhere or the UI is misinterpreting what object is selected when either my toon or an NPC is left-clicked. I tried this multiple times after a clean install of the current Beta version. This is what happens between my toon and an NPC, and this is fairly consistent:

From Login next to NPC
From Login next to NPC
Click on toon; paperdoll flashes. no toon context menu
Click on toon; toon context menu (open paperdoll, vendor search, etc)
Click on toon; no result
Click on toon; toon context menu
Click on NPC; toon context menu
Click on NPC; NPC context menu (Buy, sell, etc)
Click on NPC; no result. NPC context menu dissapears.
Click on NPC; NPC context menu
Click on ground; NPC context menu dissapears
Click on NPC; no result
Click on toon; paperdoll only
Click on toon; NPC context menu

It feels as if the last left-click is getting stored somewhere and the latest left click thinks I'm doing the last one, as well as when I click on my toon after selecting something else, the paperdoll pops and I have to repeatedly click on the toon to get the ton's context menu.

It also happens when I select other players. If I had the NPC context menu open, it displays the NPC context menu when I left click the player. Takes another click before I get their 'display paerdoll/add as party member' menu.

I do not have 'enable cast bar' checked. Llewen had suggested turning it off.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like cursor selections are getting buffered somewhere or the UI is misinterpreting what object is selected when either my toon or an NPC is left-clicked. I tried this multiple times after a clean install of the current Beta version. This is what happens between my toon and an NPC, and this is fairly consistent:

From Login next to NPC
From Login next to NPC
Click on toon; paperdoll flashes. no toon context menu
Click on toon; toon context menu (open paperdoll, vendor search, etc)
Click on toon; no result
Click on NPC; toon context menu
Click on NPC; NPC context menu (Buy, sell, etc)
Click on NPC; no result. NPC context menu dissapears.
Click on ground; NPC context menu dissapears
Click on NPC; no result
Click on toon; paperdoll only
Click on toon; NPC context menu

It feels as if the last left-click is getting stored somewhere and the latest left click thinks I'm doing the last one, as well as when I click on my toon after selecting something else, the paperdoll pops and I have to repeatedly click on the toon to get the ton's context menu.

It also happens when I select other players. If I had the NPC context menu open, it displays the NPC context menu when I left click the player. Takes another click before I get their 'display paerdoll/add as party member' menu.

I do not have 'enable cast bar' checked. Llewen had suggested turning it off.
this happen because the client is a bucket of bolts, and the context menu system requires to open the context menu to do certain things... and since it can't really be opened silently it causes all this mess. One day perhaps there will be a way to fix that, but for now is that or context menus popping around randomly....

Kirran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Nothing that can be done about it? Any options I can change that might help somewhat?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing that can be done about it? Any options I can change that might help somewhat?
I've teared the whole system apart today, and I think it works now, please test, thanks :)

Kirran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Still getting the same issue on my machine. I had posted today that I'm not getting the backpack settings saved either, should I do a reinstall?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still getting the same issue on my machine. I had posted today that I'm not getting the backpack settings saved either, should I do a reinstall?
if the context menu actions on current target are enabled you need to click twice an item/npc on the game area in order to get the context menu.