• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Enhanced Client "Toon" Auto Moves

EvaUnit02

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I haven't played very much for a few months and just started again. So, I'm not sure what the cause of this may be but now, my character will often keep running even after I release the movement keys. Sometimes I can stop it by moving in the opposite direction. Sometimes I can't until I restart the client. I can toggle between run and walk but movement always continues and always in one (albeit not a particular) direction.

I don't know if any of this is relevant but I have auto-run enabled. It seems to happen more often when I'm mounted and will carry over to running/walking after dismounting. It may only start when mounted. I'm not sure. I've also noticed that last time this happened, I was automatically running to the right. When I logged out, the cursor on the login screen was pointing to the right rather than its normal isometric-like angle.

I'm using the EC on Atlantic.

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
What are you using to move? From what you wrote it would suggest you actually use keys? Then I don't know.

If you'are actually using the right mouse button to move then its fairly simple: The EC code that tracks mouse button up/down events is flawed in that it is bound to rendering. Whenever the game a bit choppy due to loading the game might not catch you releasing the right mouse button thus making you walk around. Then just click the right mouse button again repeatedly to fix it.

EvaUnit02

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I'm using keys but I'll give the right mouse button a shot as a remedy anyway and see if that resolves the issue. Thanks for the beta.

EDIT: Didn't solve it. I still can't be sure but it seems correlated to when I'm moving, in combat, and using items such as bandaging myself.

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, I'm using keys but I'll give the right mouse button a shot as a remedy anyway and see if that resolves the issue.
I was finally able to reproduce this issue and have submitted a problem report into the system regarding it.