• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Too much? My "finished" elf house - now with interior pictures!

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say I'm 95% done though there is still some interior decorating to finish up. When I started this house I had a rather odd goal and that was to challenge my typical way of home design. While I wouldn't say my typical homes are borg cubes, I have always chosen a single wall tile type and usually kept the floor tiles consistent throughout. I've also tended to have an open and very clean style. With this re-design I made myself vary the wall tiles from floor to floor as well as on the same floor. This new design is quite busy, and I'm wondering if I went too far in my quest to get out of my comfort zone. The roof garden is something I'm especially uncomfortable with and sat unfinished for months. Let me know what you think.

EDITED: I have posted the interior pictures on the sticky thread for posting custom houses. Take a look. Here's the link to the thread if you want to see more.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/post-your-custom-house-designs-here.35349/page-5#post-2395975

Attachments

Last edited:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My family of elves wonder when can they move in :). I love the use of flowers and plants. Your roof top garden is perfect to me. I especially like how you have used the different vines on the pillars.

Last edited:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to finish the decorating first. Hopefully can finish it tonight or tomorrow. If you have ICQ you can reach me at 8249606, if not just send me a PM.

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very nice Irulia looks really good. Nice work with mixing up the different wall tiles. Where u placed each type was perfectly done and flows well..

Also just curious whats the name on the guildstone, if u don't mind?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's my old guild stone "Elves of Adhrael" This used to be the guild house, so I dedicated the roof to that guild and it's former members.

Ellowyn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The Glade

The Glade... the Glade?.. Where is the Glade?
how oft' have I heard that said

It's so much more than a mark on a map
or coordinates from a sextant, if you can manage that

It's a mystical land of beauty beyond compare
with the scent of sweet smelling flowers filling the air

The sun shines brightly each and every day
traveling across deep azure skies that never turn grey

It never rains.. it never snows
magically the forest grows

The Ancient Ones strong and tall
with outstretched limbs to protect us all

It's helping hands and smiling faces
truly one of the most wondrous places

The lanterns burn throughout the night
shining through the darkness as a beacon of light

Helping Adhrael's chosen to find their way home
no longer having to wander alone

It's in my heart and on my mind
forever til the end of time

Ellowyn

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Glade

It never rains.. it never snows
magically the forest grows
Wow, there's a name from the past. Stop in some time and say hello - I'll give you a personal tour of the house and the garden dedicated to the old elves of Adhrael.

And technically it does snow...well, not so much as " it snows" so much as you start up the client one day and the snow is there because they turned it on *smiles*

Tarandil

Visitor
Surprised, honestly, if you remember me!

I've been about here and there. I log in usually once a year on a trial to revisit former locations of friends. Sad, most homes no longer stand and the shard is dead.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
elle wow irulia wow
I am now a goblin
dis bees manvenru, rin no longer plays uo
elle hows yur son?
icq 151896749
I play chessy now
manvenru is still an elf tho. a tree elf