• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tonight's Governor Meeting

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya.

Wanted to post a few thoughts about tonight's meeting, but will do so later.

I DO want to apologize for having to leave abruptly while talking with a few of you afterwards. I happened to have my window open and heard someone trying to break into my neighbor's house. It ended up being my neighbor, but I didn't realize that right away :p

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the fun meeting, and glad that it was just a false alarm at your neighbor's.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm hoping you had as much fun with the meeting as we did, although I don't think any of us intended to hijack it to that extent.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did enjoy it, actually - it is good to see that just about everyone there was playing a part in this. It did run a little long, and I want to be careful to balance cooperative efforts like this on the one hand, with keeping the proceedings open and and accessible for everyone else on the other. It may just require that we stick to an agenda a bit more rigidly, and save whatever we will spend the most time on for the end.

Also, the King feels as though he is being maneuvered into adopting a young girl and her pet spider. The King is awkward around children and detests spiders :p

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did enjoy it, actually - it is good to see that just about everyone there was playing a part in this. It did run a little long, and I want to be careful to balance cooperative efforts like this on the one hand, with keeping the proceedings open and and accessible for everyone else on the other. It may just require that we stick to an agenda a bit more rigidly, and save whatever we will spend the most time on for the end.

Also, the King feels as though he is being maneuvered into adopting a young girl and her pet spider. The King is awkward around children and detests spiders :p
I totally agree that we should probably stick more to an agenda with the meetings. Most of them do tend to run a bit long on us and I don't want anyone to feel left out of the proceedings. I'm not sure when a good time to do the extra stuff would be though as it would be something that the governors should bring up, but would cut into time for the citizens to speak. I'm reluctant to suggest it because I know your busy, but perhaps in the future when we have things of this nature we can arrange for an extra emergency session with a strict time limit?

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm kind of sad that I had to cut out early, but... The Walking Dead trumps UO *grins*

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was one of the most fun nights I've had on Ariana in a while, simply because she was built to be a Minocian and live her life in public service and doesn't come out past that reason. There were so many unexpected twists... loved it! EM Barnaby you did an amazing job!!!! *high fives*

But yeah there had been a missing child reported in Minoc and now she thinks it may be due to Xanthus. Who knows?!?! :p We'll see where the Capt. takes it.

~ Sue.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Meanwhile...Va'l is more concerned with his head staying attached.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was my hope to add a bit of suspense and a large collective "gasp" when Marius revealed that Xanthus was Va'lis adopted son. But none the less Marius is getting a severe beat down from his wife Pandora over that one!!! Hahahah... Pandora considers Va'lis part of her family in a very strange way and her having to balance being a co-imperator of her lands and the matriarch of her family with the general disdain folks have for Va'lis is central to her character. I do love playing BOTH characters!

Oh and reason I stood around EM Barnaby is some of the areas on the west side of the throne room are "silent" to the going on's of the table and we had a full house on the side that we can hear from, WHICH was great to see. :) Could we add in perhaps some chairs in front of the council as you done before? For citizens that wish to address the council that's the optimal spot. I meant no disrespect just couldn't hear when I was active on Marius and wasn't sure anyone could hear me.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was my hope to add a bit of suspense and a large collective "gasp" when Marius revealed that Xanthus was Va'lis adopted son. But none the less Marius is getting a severe beat down from his wife Pandora over that one!!! Hahahah... Pandora considers Va'lis part of her family in a very strange way and her having to balance being a co-imperator of her lands and the matriarch of her family with the general disdain folks have for Va'lis is central to her character. I do love playing BOTH characters!

Oh and reason I stood around EM Barnaby is some of the areas on the west side of the throne room are "silent" to the going on's of the table and we had a full house on the side that we can hear from, WHICH was great to see. :) Could we add in perhaps some chairs in front of the council as you done before? For citizens that wish to address the council that's the optimal spot. I meant no disrespect just couldn't hear when I was active on Marius and wasn't sure anyone could hear me.
And yet, Va'lis would throw them all under a bus to save his own skin. :p

Well maybe not Pandy. But Marius? Oh yes, Va'l would want to drive the bus.