• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

tonights CJ

• Thread starter Sheriff Tricky
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sheriff Tricky

I apologize to the group that Sally Bumblefoot was in. I was organizing the battle for the first time in ages and had no idea who has what suit level. So I was just picking toons at randoms. If a revenge is needed let us know when you would like to do. Either before 9 p.m. eastern or after 10 eastern because we have an ATTA/Stratics event tomorrow at 9 p.m. eastern.

D

dizzy loopenwig

Not sure how much difference the cog suit level makes when creating groups. The main problem was not inexperience. The main problem was not enough toons. There were only 6 of us, we need the full load for that place, imho.

Of course, to see a full group of level 50 lawbots (seemed that way to me) come marching in behind us and not one of them saying, "I'll help!" Kinda got to me. But oh well, stuff happens.

It's just a game, right? :) You did alright, don't worry. :)

S

Sheriff Tricky

I was part of that big group and we didn't help because we were part of a group where two toons were maxing. Sorry about the problems in the CJ. I thought you guys ended up with 7 or 8 after I sent in two people later, people were coming late and porting and running. GRRRR!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that dog who was causing trouble refused to load, that was one problem. Mrs Snout left because she ended up not being grouped at all :( If y'all want revenge I'm up for it too. Just finished teh VP revenge but only Daddio and his son showed up for the revenge (thanks Elga for sticking around to help).

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course, to see a full group of level 50 lawbots (seemed that way to me) come marching in behind us and not one of them saying, "I'll help!" Kinda got to me. But oh well, stuff happens.
Yeah I apologize, that was me and Susan's key run group. We weren't trying to be rude, I just had already picked toons I wanted to join in the key run. I could have let one or two go, but then it wouldn't have been as special. I'm up for revenge is anyone needs it.

S

Squeaker

Sorry I bailed on you guys. I haven't been feeling well so I didn't cj with everyone. I was off with a regular friend. If I knew you were short, I would have come running. I talked to a couple of you during the sorting phase and it seemed as though there were plenty of toons. But everyone, please don't hesitate to call me for that one extra body. I should be back to my normal, healthy self soon and not so out of it.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Max runs are very special and are important. I mean, it only happens once. I can understand you all wanting to be together. When I maxed sell and cash I didnt go to river with randoms and hope for the best. I went with friends so that it would be even more special. But maybe, just maybe, stratics runs arent the place for it. We had like 21 toons (and that is being very generous considering Waldo was one of them) for the CJ. A full 8 of the biggest and most experienced toons were grouped together for one run leaving the rest of us to hang. There were 6 in my group and at least 4 out of the 6 had only been in the CJ a handful of times, at least successfully. I have absolutely no problem with you guys going together, I really dont, but in the future if there is a max run like this one the CJ run should be called for that Sunday. It should just be announced that there would be a special run instead of a stratics CJ run. I dont think anyone would have a problem with this. Anyone who wants to try to go anyway could get together and do a run in a way that would give them a fighting chance. Hind site is 20/20 and I realize that no one knows who is going to be at the runs. Maybe on a different week this wouldnt have been so big of a problem. But you guys have to admit, whenever there is a max run, the other groups usually have problems and for the CJ this is even more the case due to the limited number of toons. Eric, your hands were completely tied in this instance and you did as well as anyone could have given the circumstances. There was really nothing you could have done differently.

It's just a game, right? :)
We need to be careful of the impression given to newcomers (I believe everyone in this group except myself were at least fairly new) to stratics. When people post about needing help, a multitude of us say "come to the sunday runs, we will take care of you" or something to that effect. I thought that was what stratics was all about. I know I spend a lot of my time in the VP trying to keep weaker toons alive and I am very happy to do it. I remember the first few VP runs my son went on eons ago. I was so impressed by the people here watching out for him and helping him learn his first few times. This is why I made stratics my home. I dont think there was anyone in that room who was watching us that didnt realize the 6 of us were in trouble. It left a lasting impression on me as well, one that I will have a hard time shaking.

In hind site, I should have just announced to this group "lets find other toons" or "lets go back to the playground" because I knew it was going to end badly. I think I even said "This is suicide" right before I got on the elevator LOL. I didnt feel it was my place to do so though with the 8 of you standing there and really didnt feel like I had many options. I apologize to the people in this run for not doing so but I applaud the effort made by each one of you!! We fought hard!! You guys are great!!

Bottom line is this is just a game and our level 7s will be back before we know it. Lets just try to all learn from this and just move on!!

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder how many realized we had a CFO maxing too? Congratulations Snoutrageous Kat on your RB50, along with Elga and Susan on your BW50!

I still don't understand how Mrs Snoutrageous was left out of a CJ run when the last run only had 7. I couldn't figure out what Eric was doing, but he used to do this often so I figured he knew what he was doing. lol Either way, while *I* felt bad, Snout left after not being grouped with anyone and when I'm on that bear (and no DXD) I can only talk to a handful of her oldest friends that still come to Sundays.

As for Sunday maxings.. We have always had them. That's just another of those things that doesn't feel special if it doesn't happen on Sunday. At least that's how I feel.

F

Flippers

At least 3 Stratics goers are on my Yahoo. No one contacted me that they needed another body in a run.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once again. By my count (as a bystander, not organizer), the last group had 8 with Mrs Snout.

But beyond that, I won't be YIMing people who aren't there. If you want to go, you'll be there. There's enough to worry about.

S

Sheriff Tricky

As for Mrs. Snout, I really did not see her and feel bad that she just left before I realized what was going on and that the group was short on toons. I did use to do this a lot but it seemed like when I organized 8 toons to go in, some people did not go when I told them to. I feel really bad about last night and hope that people understand that there were situations going on, I did not know about and people leaving I could not talk to. So I hope those that went sad will give Sunday night runs another chance because it is our intent to help everyone!