• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tome of Love

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoyed the event. It reminded me of Quest of the Avatar in part cause of the philosophy of the virtues and the questions we could ask the NPC's (and the books!).
It goes to show you that you can have fun without hacking and slashing.

Nice job EM's on your first try, and I look forward to another event. (just please don't make me wait 4 hours (exactly) to turn anything in again.)

Hey, I told them if they gave me a book dye tub I woulda done that mess, son!

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(just please don't make me wait 4 hours (exactly) to turn anything in again.)
Think about them. They had to wait even longer, type out niceties to everyone (as we all want to talk to them), and probably do a bit of work with creating and personalizing those books. People cannot expect a reward for everyone and also not have a line.

E

Escobar_TDT

Not that hard. If I was an EM and doing this event, I would have locked the doors 15 mins after the event started. If you were here good, if you weren't, there's always tomorrow. I found it silly how they were questioning everybody about the quest then realized it was a bad idea and just handed the books out to everyone. Also, I'd have more than one person hand out books. Everybody would have gotten the book (50+ people) in less than an hour time.

Also, all of Saturday's event could have been foreseen. What did you think was going to happen when you have a room full of people and you want to drag each one randomly one by one and question them, and then give them a book? It took 5-10 mins to get done with just one person. With a presence of 50+ people, you could do the math on how long it would have taken to get through all of them. Not to mention, most people have more than one account. So did they not think by making it one book per account, that once those 50 people are done with, another 50 will come on their second or third accounts to get another book?

I just hope the next event will be thought a little bit more thoroughly.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that hard.
uh huh

If I was an EM and doing this event, I would have locked the doors 15 mins after the event started.
Then not everyone can get an item, which was the working assumption? I agree that this would cut the work load but they wanted to give everyone a chance and keep it inclusive for this time as it was a Valentine's event.

Also, I'd have more than one person hand out books.
Atlantic has two EM's, not one, and not three. And both of them cannot be always online at same time. If they had fifty EM's standing there it could have been done even faster but we have two.

So did they not think by making it one book per account, that once those 50 people are done with, another 50 will come on their second or third accounts to get another book?
If you pay for more than one account, you are entitled to get the prizes for each one of them.

I just hope the next event will be thought a little bit more thoroughly.
I think that what they pulled was nothing short of amazing. It is quite easy to be on the other side and say, "Well do it that way." However, none of us know what kind of rules and technical challenges they have to work with. If they were taking "5-10 minutes" per person then there was probably a good reason behind it. They are not stupid.