• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Today's Ultima Online needs a looting macro/script....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heaven forbid you should have to put in at least a little effort. You're talking about all but setting the game on auto.
I thought that in killing hundreds or thousands of foes there was an effort and the looting was marginal as compared to the effort needed to kill....

Personally, if the monster is one that I am expecting to have good loot, then I enjoy the opening up the corpse and checking out the loot, but when I know that 99.99% of the time it is junk, I personally find it only annoying to have to open up the corpse, check loot which I know before hand is almost inevitably junk and waste time in the effort...... So, I find enjoyment in manually looting, but only when there is at least some marginal thrill (i.e. a decent chance at good items), with low spawn, this unfortunately is not the case for too much often...

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought that in killing hundreds or thousands of foes there was an effort and the looting was marginal as compared to the effort needed to kill....

Personally, if the monster is one that I am expecting to have good loot, then I enjoy the opening up the corpse and checking out the loot, but when I know that 99.99% of the time it is junk, I personally find it only annoying to have to open up the corpse, check loot which I know before hand is almost inevitably junk and waste time in the effort...... So, I find enjoyment in manually looting, but only when there is at least some marginal thrill (i.e. a decent chance at good items), with low spawn, this unfortunately is not the case for too much often...
There you go: you said it yourself, "the looting was marginal as compared."

So why does it need to be made easier? And can you not make the connection between rarity and an item appearing on perhaps 1 out of 1000 corpses?

If you want a prized item, you simply have to put in the work for it.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With imbuing, I find myself sometimes looking for some low level items, for example at the moment I am looking for jewellery with SSI and no other modifier on it so to be able to imbue it as I prefer.

This, unfortunately, forces me to have to look at all loot just in case I finally bump into something usable. But since this is a very rare occurrance, even though is a very very low level item, this means that I have to go through checking hundreds, thousands of corpses..... It gets old............
If the client had a looting agent that I could filter for what I am looking for (a jewellery piece with SSI on it), I would just keep on hunting and killing until eventually I see that piece of jewellery appear in my backpack without having to waste countless time to check every single corpse I kill "just in case"....

I don't know, perhaps my idea of "fun" and "enjoyment" differs from that of other players, who knows....

u do know what u ask for would if in game make afk scripting 100 times worse and also in end kill the game
at what point would game play come into game if script gave u perfect item and could afk hunt till it did

is unfortunate that a long time player, would wish scripts too play after especially being one to rail against script players

why would this be a feature??

please go find a game u can play while at work sleep and will tell you in texts how well you are playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u do know what u ask for would if in game make afk scripting 100 times worse and also in end kill the game

Am I missing something ? So what I am suggesting for the game client to offer to players who want to play the game by the rules does not exist AT ALL in today's Ultima Online ??

I cannot unerstand why some should be able to play UO with ease, downhill, while some others should play it with difficulty, uphill.....

kulder

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use Pinco's, I have found that setting it to loot all but trash I can whiz through corpses and loot the gold mats and the green and blue gear effortlessly, and piles of corpses not a problem with handles

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Am I missing something ? So what I am suggesting for the game client to offer to players who want to play the game by the rules does not exist AT ALL in today's Ultima Online ??

I cannot unerstand why some should be able to play UO with ease, downhill, while some others should play it with difficulty, uphill.....
You aren't talking about "ease." You're talking about autopilot. It is hardly "difficult" for me in the supposedly cumbersome Classic Client to open corpses and sort through what I want.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

there are places you can go and things you can do :) that are neither here nor there you are asking for wide open script!!! some of my builds i never have to interact with game if not looking corpse, to auto loot also is taking it to a step out of not playing but just running in back ground!!!!!!!!

you are asking too take a interactive game and make it non active not even too touch on being a multi player game

my guess is 80 90 percent of content can be farmed in this game with out clicking specials or noticing, add that too your auto loot what is left???

over built characters vs game plus auto vacuum bad idea

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And UOA has a setting "Auto show corpse names," which displays the latest for several seconds. But heaven forbid popps would have to double-click the name to open it and check the loot...
Well, assume you do that - in a mass killing area with many corpses you often get the dreaded "You cannot access this" message, since it pulls another corpse you may not have looting rights to (i.e. player corpse, pet corpse). And a status change of the corpse, which closes the opened corpse (cutting, necroing, closing due to the individual loot timer runs out) does not bring up a corpse name again, so you are back in the bugzone. (Or has this been fixed recently for classic client?)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, assume you do that - in a mass killing area with many corpses you often get the dreaded "You cannot access this" message, since it pulls another corpse you may not have looting rights to (i.e. player corpse, pet corpse). And a status change of the corpse, which closes the opened corpse (cutting, necroing, closing due to the individual loot timer runs out) does not bring up a corpse name again, so you are back in the bugzone. (Or has this been fixed recently for classic client?)

I prefer not to use macros which "might" hang up in fighting situations, sometimes UOAssist hangs up because it wants to do an action but somehow it cannot, it hangs up the client waiting for the server to reply. In a fighting environment it is not something I may enjoy...
For example, with my UOAssist dress macro, if one of the items is cursed and remained on corpse at death, and I forget about it, if I press the dress macro it looks for that item which is not in backpack and hangs up waiting for the server to respond.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I prefer not to use macros which "might" hang up in fighting situations, sometimes UOAssist hangs up because it wants to do an action but somehow it cannot, it hangs up the client waiting for the server to reply. In a fighting environment it is not something I may enjoy...
For example, with my UOAssist dress macro, if one of the items is cursed and remained on corpse at death, and I forget about it, if I press the dress macro it looks for that item which is not in backpack and hangs up waiting for the server to respond.
Easily remedied: stop the macro with a hotkey for that or by starting another macro. The latter will cause UOA to say "Macro halted" but not start the new one.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SO with what has been said by all you understand how any auto item looting would be a massive undertaking. Bugs galore with some never being fixed. Then piled on issues if they ever came out with new race or series gear. I would rather have that time and manpower spent on wagons or sweeping undate to all past arty drops and BOD/Quest rewards.

Regs and mats auto looting. I vote yes. The regs are small in count compared with what is needed to craft with. Right down to NPC gems needed for Imbuing. And for mats ya only hunt for what need so no foul there.

Gold I don't see the issue there. If they are still going to do away with coins and checks. Then honest players can get a taste of the scripter's world with no sense of accomplishment.

Get to carried away with auto loot and UO becomes a wallless game of PacMan. Just steering about mashing a few hotkeys. We'll just need a classic controller board with a joystick and four buttons. And when that special item is found an icon pops in the middle of the screen with fireworks shooting about the screen. Atta Boy.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...but when I know that 99.99% of the time it is junk, I personally find it only annoying to have to open up the corpse, check loot which I know before hand is almost inevitably junk and waste time in the effort......
Uhh....:eyes:....
Then why do you bother to check each item????????

When I am hunting for single property jewelry, I simply open the corpse, loot the gold (hold "Shift" for the whole stack), and then place any jewelry into a bag within my backpack. I ignore the rest of the items for the same reason you stated above (except for treasure maps, I take those too). I check the jewelry once I am done hunting for the trip (which is usually a good time to take a break anyways). Anything desirable I keep, everything else stays in the bag and gets the "Unravel Container" treatment.

Stayin Alive,

BG