• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Todays Event

K

Katlene

Well curses to me for not reading forums for a couple of days turns out there was an event on today!!
Fire and Ice it was called.
Did anyone attend?

S

siyeng0

The entire shard boycotted the event and there was a total attendance of zero, I am sorry to have to tell you.

G

Glowbug

I didn't know there was an event on. Where do they post them?

F

Fink

I didn't know there was an event on. Where do they post them?
uo.com posts a link to the herald, then the story's also posted on uo.stratics.com, then typically the reporters post it again on the shard forums. Your best bet would be to check uo.com, get it direct from the source and with a couple of days' notice (was posted there on the 20th).

You can find a basic run-down on the event on other shard forums, seems it was pretty much identical there as here.

F

Farscape

Typical run event here what are town criers for other than dribbling rubbish?
Is it not the roll of the EM to ensure we all know what is happening?
Last EM'a plastered the shard with notice and the results showed
A lot of the shard do not use the boards this is an in game event that is where it should be advertised
Still I had a good weekend

K

Katlene

yes sneaky but that would involve talking to him :/
I am truly sorry guys that i didnt see this to post it up but got there should of been something in game for it!!

L

Luna Lagger

What the hell is the point of your "title" "Oceanian news reporter" when you can't even produce the one announcement/news that has happened in a month.

I think there needs to be a vote for a new News reporter, because the current one is useless. Oceania needs someone that actually plays the game and reports NEWS, not how her child is doing in preschool.

Regards
A concerned player.

F

Farscape

What the hell is the point of your "title" "Oceanian news reporter" when you can't even produce the one announcement/news that has happened in a month.

I think there needs to be a vote for a new News reporter, because the current one is useless. Oceania needs someone that actually plays the game and reports NEWS, not how her child is doing in preschool.

Regards
A concerned player.
No need for the agro Kathlene has beed a sound reporter for a long time step up yourself and do the thankless position then we can flame all your reports see how you feel

K

Katlene

Yep over 4 years now.
Quite sad that he got so huffy over an event that had what 2 days noticed? If he cared so much for the community like he suggests then maybe HE should of put up some notification then.
New news reporter? theres meant to be 3 others as is and no one else does **** so dont go blaming me. Im miles ahead compared.

Also you have no clue on anything. I dont have any children attending preschool. wrong ages.
I do play just havnt very much of late because of RL things i have infact said this before also, the head honcho for us measly reporters is aware of my situation so theres no point "dobbing" me in.
Also i stated in the OP that i didnt read the forums in a couple of days prior. Now usually with my apparent non existant life i checked the forums daily but things happened and i wasnt able.
Like i said im NOT the only news reporter listed for this shard so BZZZZZZZZZT try again
You dont pay very much attention to things do you luv? i could of put up a giant neon sign about that event and you probably wouldnt of noticed. Only reason you noticed i didnt was because i did the human thing and appologised for something oout of my control. Probably something you'll never do.

Bah sick of justifying myself dont know why i bother because nothing is ever listened to if it doesnt suit the ideal that plays in 'their' mind.

K

Katlene

The following write up was done by hawkeye pike. Got his permission (just in case someone tried the plagerism line again) to post a link here.

Fire & Ice event

T

Teeshy

The following write up was done by hawkeye pike. Got his permission (just in case someone tried the plagerism line again) to post a link here.

Fire & Ice event
I dunno if it makes (or will make) any difference, or if it was the same on all the shards, but here at least, I'm pretty certain Fayaxion didn't summon a platinum dragon, she WAS the platinum dragon.

When the Crimson "recognised" her in the crowd, she called her "an elder" and asked how and when she had gotten there, then Fayaxion changed from human form to dragon.

E

Elwood

Regards
A concerned player.
I smell curry...