• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Today falls a grandfathered castle

• Thread starter LaFamilia
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LaFamilia

Greetings.
As the title says, the castle falls around 16pm GMT.
Just to say how crowded it was, and i had taken somte screenshots, as I can't get anything of interesting stuff.

before crash:
untitled10.jpg

collecting crash
untitled11.jpg

Take care

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup there was fair few folk there, not much loot to go around though. Was my first castle IDOC and it was a mad rush hehehe.
Heres some screenies i took:

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a few green nets, and a whispering rose from Hell Angel. Really was full of rubbish, which surprised me. Castles should always be filled with goodies! I'm just thankful that I didn't use a horde minion, the whole castle was filled with cloth! Hehe

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the indication a house is Grandfathered?. I thought these were really old houses from way back but I dont know how you can tell from other houses cept maybe the house sign is in lettering that can no longer be used.

If they are this could not have been one because I know that a castle fell at this location a couple of years ago.

How can you tell?.

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea about grandfathered houses, Bobar, sorry.

I'm just embarrassed that it's me the cursor was sitting on in the first post! LOL

L

LaFamilia

Im not sure this castle was grandfathered, some people around said, so probably I had supposed :) Maybe for the old guildstone, visible before decaying.

Sorry for showing u, there was a lot of people ;)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone placed a new one there yet, or selling if everyone placed 7*7's lol? im looking to relocate, getting bored of mine now:D Was ice island old enough to be grandfather? wasn't around back then just herd something about it.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
only the house owner knows if a house is grandfathered. the information page (when you doubleclick the house sign) shows the status as "This is a grandfathered house". otherwise i believe it says something to the effect of being a "primary" house. grandfathered simply means the account owns more than one house.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone placed a new one there yet, or selling if everyone placed 7*7's lol? im looking to relocate, getting bored of mine now:D Was ice island old enough to be grandfather? wasn't around back then just herd something about it.
I managed to place a keep there (was Trammel btw.).

So my keep on Arctic Isle Felucca is still for sale:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=124748

*Salute*
Olahorand

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a problem for me (I have still a very appreciable house).
*Salute*
Olahorand

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever salute!!...........Hey i only offered you my help for a small gift compared to the much larger gain you would aquire by replacing the awesome castle that fell...

Its really is a no brainer !!!

Alas....Patiance then young grasshopper....Patiance!

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever salute!!...........Hey i only offered you my help for a small gift compared to the much larger gain you would aquire by replacing the awesome castle that fell...

Its really is a no brainer !!!

Alas....Patiance then young grasshopper....Patiance!
Meanie, let them have their castle :)

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I just placed a castle recently (luckily there are also friendly and non greedy people on the shard), I have absolutely no pressure.
Besides that I am poor if it comes to Gold on Europa - if I have one million currently it is much.
So dream on and waste your account on a 7x7 if you want.

*Salute*
Olahorand

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Methinks YOU are the greedy one who wants everything for FREE..

FREEEEEEEEEEEEE....

AND talk about greed?? u just placed another castle so u want two?? is that not greed.....stop ya whinging!!! and SHARE for once!!!!!

Hey if u have only got 1m gold which i very very much doubt becuase u are a seasoned Idocer!!! i will pay u double the going rate of a trammel keep!!! i can poss rake up a quick 100m ''in yah hand'' !!!

Oh and the account is no going to be wasted??? its coming to a close, the 30 days are nearly up on that account...one account closes and another gets reopened.....So get in touch before the account closes and i wil drop the 7x7 for a small gift we can both share the booty!!and not just YOU you you you....I think there is only 4 days left on that account..after it closes it will be 90 days wait untill it goes into decay....that is if i dont reactivate it after that time.

K

Kiminality

Personally, I think you both sound like squabbling children.
You both sound pretty greedy, too, tbh.

Get a room...

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make what ever you want - I don't need a second castle on Europa, I don't need your millions (I have by far not 100 million if I count up the gold on all shards I play). If I would need gold, I could sell the castle and keep the Keep.
I think the Keep will go to a friend, who just reactivated after two years out of game and asked for a house on Europa.
Seasoned IDOCer? Yes, but mainly on Drachenfels. (On Europa was always only a stumble about an IDOC by chance, like getting the GGS gain for the tamer.) And I even stopped this activity on Drachenfels several month ago, since the most houses are falling in a time, in which I am sitting in the train.

Sharing? For sure. (I gave away at least 3 sets of Inquis Resolution on Siege Perilous in the last few month for free to random people.) But not with somebody who tries to enforce "sharing". Also called "blackmailing".
Enjoy your Luna house and your welfare and don't always cry if it doesn't run as you want (I have seen your ingame remarks just after I placed the house there).

And Kimi - yes, you are definitively right, this discussion is nothing worth too much attention. Two old (?) "greedy" people in a nonsens conflict ...

*Salute*
Olahorand

Edit: The Keep is no longer in my hands (gone away for free to the mentioned returning friend).

V

Valas

Methinks YOU are the greedy one who wants everything for FREE..

FREEEEEEEEEEEEE....

AND talk about greed?? u just placed another castle so u want two?? is that not greed.....stop ya whinging!!! and SHARE for once!!!!!

Hey if u have only got 1m gold which i very very much doubt becuase u are a seasoned Idocer!!! i will pay u double the going rate of a trammel keep!!! i can poss rake up a quick 100m ''in yah hand'' !!!

Oh and the account is no going to be wasted??? its coming to a close, the 30 days are nearly up on that account...one account closes and another gets reopened.....So get in touch before the account closes and i wil drop the 7x7 for a small gift we can both share the booty!!and not just YOU you you you....I think there is only 4 days left on that account..after it closes it will be 90 days wait untill it goes into decay....that is if i dont reactivate it after that time.
Wow, I like how you are trying to tell him about greed, YOU are the one who places on every Keep spot in Europa to sell on.

You know, I just hope someone plays you at your own game, and it will happen.

Im sure the guy is happy with his Keep and your childish little ways have only made you get stuck with a 7x7 house on that account till you re-activate it.

YOU are the person who is greedy, YOU are the one who wants something for a small 7x7 plot, YOU are the child.

Stop thinking you are the be all and end all of housing on Europa because let me tell you, your not

Sorry to rant, but ive personally had enough of this guy thinking he rules the housing market on Europa

Good day.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for being Good at it......:D

Its a playstyle... its fun!! i like...

Its hard work but i make it look easy ....yah yah

And if i had placed the keep and someone had placed the 7x7 ..its pretty no brainer that i would have payed 50m for the 7x7 at a drop of a hat ...to get a 300-400M CASTLE BACK...and yes its happened to me befors a few times....getting ones own back methinks!!!!

C

Chiera

whooosh...
personally I think it's kind of funny to watch the both of them haggling.... wouldn't bet though which one will shell out the 50M in the end. So be it as it may.....

IBTL

S

Soulstomp

Duh totaly dont understand what Olahorand is talking about, he aint the one that placed at that spot in trammel at all ,

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Duh totaly dont understand what Olahorand is talking about, he aint the one that placed at that spot in trammel at all ,
There as been 2 grandfathered castles fall in 3 days....Ola did place a keep and hes gonna be stuck with a keep if he dont learn to share and earn the castle back!!!!...

I have no idea who placed the other keep on the other castle fall spot yesterday!!!

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hes gonna be stuck with a keep
What a tragedy for him!

It's almost as bad as getting stuck with one of those pesky winning lottery tickets - you know, the ones where you only get four numbers instead of five!

N

Nyte Doombringer

What are you calling grandfathered? Grandfathered houses can only be in Felucia for one thing. This came in when they put Trammel in because that is when they added the 1 house per acct rule. Everyone wanted a house in trammel and for those that where not there when they added trammel it was crazy for house placing. So if you already had more then 1 house on your acct they where called grandfathered but would have only been in Fel. You could not place another house on that acct in Trammel or all those in Fel would decay.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grandfathered houses can only be in Felucca.
this is not exactly true.
Before the change to 1 house per account it has been decided to make the current houses players had on multiple shards also Grandfathered. So these can be in Felucca or in Trammel.
But only people which have full access to the house sign can see, if a building is Grandfathered.

About the discussion here: My friend who returned from 2 years absence, is also very happy about the keep.
And I am not willing (or able) to pay that guy a value of 25 Mill GP for his small plot.

*Salute*
Olahorand

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i can only speak as i find and THP has helped me with placing before. one time i took down a house to place a keep and with lotsa goodies on teh floor i was in a panic but he helped me no end.
im sure the other side is a similar story

V

Valas

There as been 2 grandfathered castles fall in 3 days....Ola did place a keep and hes gonna be stuck with a keep if he dont learn to share and earn the castle back!!!!...

I have no idea who placed the other keep on the other castle fall spot yesterday!!!
He doesnt need to 'Earn' anything, he doesnt need to share anything.

Whats up, did Mr THP miss out on 2 keep spots? :,( :hahaha:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So lets get this right..a large house falls (castle) and 1 person tries to cover the whole space with one plot so he can resize in is own good time, alas he failed to cover the whole space and another person places too...Both peole now have equal rights over the same space??? That is UO?? Land if Free??

Now one person tries to work with the other person and offers him the whole space for a very small amount of gold/gifts - in comparrison to the reward the other will get ??? Alas the other person wants it for free and free only??

Well i have nothing to lose by leaving the small shrine there as its the end of a 30 day paid account- i just get a nice small storage house for the next 90 days or untill i reactivate the same account in the future.

So if he does not Earn or Share ...and stop his stubborness and indeed in this case stupidness.....

''Well the Shrine of Dumbness will be staying then''.[End]

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just because you placed the small plot THP, doesn't mean he's obliged to want to trade for it. I wouldn't pay out either. When you have a large plot already and someone is using a trial account to hold the last plot, patience is a perfectly valid option. It works. You might not like it, but that's no justification for your actions. In fact, if I was in Olahorand's shoes, your posts would ensure you didn't get even 1gp for that plot.

Wenchy

V

Valas

So lets get this right..a large house falls (castle) and 1 person tries to cover the whole space with one plot so he can resize in is own good time, alas he failed to cover the whole space and another person places too...Both peole now have equal rights over the same space??? That is UO?? Land if Free??

Now one person tries to work with the other person and offers him the whole space for a very small amount of gold/gifts - in comparrison to the reward the other will get ??? Alas the other person wants it for free and free only??

Well i have nothing to lose by leaving the small shrine there as its the end of a 30 day paid account- i just get a nice small storage house for the next 90 days or untill i reactivate the same account in the future.

So if he does not Earn or Share ...and stop his stubborness and indeed in this case stupidness.....

''Well the Shrine of Dumbness will be staying then''.[End]

Stop trying to make yourself out as the good guy.

Being a good guy would be dropping the plot.

I like how you assume he wanted to place a Castle, how do you know he did? Im sure he is quite contempt with a Keep and couldnt care less about your small 7x7 plot.

Im sure the joke is on you for paying for a holding account to put a 7x7 on.

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THP the problem is you've been really rude about this from the start.

The fact that you expect payment for your independently worthless plot, and that you openly insult Olahorand for not taking your offer, makes it all the less likely that he will ever take it, and just serves to increase the animosity between the two of you.

Think about the situation. You're two people competing in a game, and you make no secret of the fact that you are one of the top players (at least in this particular field). You probably have millions pouring out of your ears and have probably been through dozens of keeps and castles in your time.

You probably wouldn't miss the 25 mil you want for your plot, whereas Olahorand admits to having less than 100m over all shards (pocket change these days?)

If I've understood this thread correctly Olahorand isn't even keeping the plot for themselves, they're giving it away to a friend.

The right thing in this situation would be to just drop the 7x7 and be done with it. You're clearly a big name in the IDOC "scene" so you can afford a bit of *ahem* "loss" in exchange for some good publicity.

(although to be fair it's probably a little late to get anything close to "good publicity" but you can still save face somewhat)

btw, I don't think anyone begrudges you for trying to sell the plot - of course most people would do the same, but you can't force somebody to buy something they neither want nor need to buy.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THP you make too many assumptions. You assume that everyone wants a castle. I wouldn't have one as a gift.
You therefore assume Olahorand tried to place a castle. He seems perfectly happy with his keep.
You placed a 7x7 simply to prevent a castle being placed there, now you're stuck with it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I'll dig out my little dancer before I need to remove any more posts

Status
Not open for further replies.