• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Fiction To the people of Britannia, from the desk of the King.

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I received this from the desk of the King, and I pass it on to you.

To the great peoples of Britannia,

I write to you this evening, in a matter of concern shared by many citizens, subjects and even several of my own military commanders, Lady Amandine and Lord Dupre included.

As we entered this new year, I had hoped and wished for us to be entering an era of peace. The grave threats of the past year took a strain on many and it was my hope that we could concentrate this year on a host of projects centering on the bannered towns across Sosaria as well as the towns of Britannia.

Despite our monarchy, I am a man who embraces the concepts of freedom and liberty and who holds diversity close to my own heart. I welcome differing points of view, I see equality between Humans, Elves, Orcs, Gargoyles and many of the other sentient races of our world.

While I am quick to encourage diversity and even dissent in most cases, there is a line that cannot be crossed for the sake of our realm and the safety of our citizens.

The act of treason committed by Lord Tazar of Malas cannot be ignored, and while his attack upon my person could have been forgiven. His act of murder and assassination of the Governor of Minoc must be answered.

After the act, I waited. I waited for an apology, an act of contrition, or a statement from the master of the Falling Water's Fortress. None came. Instead, he walled off his fortress, bolstered his defenses and gathered his supporters. Even now this Lord of Malas seeds words of treason against Britannia. His agents manipulate and twist the truth and put questioning into the mind of otherwise loyal citizens.

Despite my fondness for Lord Lew, I put him to trial. Many of you disagreed with my position in that matter, others understood that I must hold those I call friend to a higher standard, and none of my governors past, present or future are above the law.

In this matter, I have ordered Lord Fabian d'Hardt and his Kingsguard to lay siege to the Falling Water's Fortress in the wild, lawless and anarchistic lands of Malas. This siege shall remain until the death of Governor Yosef of Minoc is answered for.

I advise all Britannian's to stay as far away from Lord Tazar's lands as possible, as the Kingsguard will see any interference of the siege as an act of aggression.

I am disappointed that Lord Tazar has chosen the road of aggression, violence and hatred over petty political matters, rather than open discourse and debate, which would have been preferred.

Long Live Britannia,

HRH Blackthorn, King.

Last edited:

Raven Blackwing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
A letter to Blackthorn.
You talk about an era of peace, yet send your murderist brutes into Malas. You advise people of Britannia to stay away, yet do not care for the people of Malas. If your brutes can’t tell the innocent from guilty, what does that say about your judgement?

Your Lies and Tyranny Shall End,
Signed
Raven,
Special operations, True Britannians

Last edited:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just recalled into a friends place that lives close to there and was killed by the kings men. Why are they attacking everyone that shows up in the area? I was not even safe inside they came throw the door and killed me. Makes me think that the king does not care or has his own plans on killing everyone that lives in that area or comes to see the area.