• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) To the Defenders of Britannia.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the Defenders of Britannia.

You discover copies of this letter distributed throughout Britain and Vesper.

Greetings.

Not more than four winters have passed since the Ophidians - cannibals and worshippers of Pagan Gods - launched themselves against our homes in a genocidal campaign of murder and conquest.

The First Ophidian War.

Thousands in Vesper and Papua were butchered in their beds. Women, Children and Old Men roasted alive and devoured. Babies thrown into rivers.

All for a crime we did not commit.

It was the actions of simple Britannians - not the Royal Guard or the Great Council - that saved our cities from certain doom. It was the Farmers and Woodsmen, the Merchants and Hunters, that extinguished the flames of war and sent the Evil Ophidians from our Cities.

Yet now Queen Dawn - Our Queen - has employed these same Ophidians in her own War of Conquest. She has sent these same Defilers of Life against Vesper in her name. Against Citizens of Vesper who had lost their families and fight for a New Order.

Is this the work of a Liberator? A Queen of Virtue? I seem to remember another recent monarch who used armies of Evil to quell the Calls for Independence.

- Baron Caelum.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord Elladan finished reading the note, crumpled it in his fist and threw it into the fireplace. "Scurrilous lies and innuendos," he said to the Messenger. "Have they no Compassion?" he said as his fist crashed upon the table. "Queen Dawn was content with Ors and their own private lives," he continued. "She only came forth in a time of our greatest need and challenge!" "She's done her best even in Diplomacy and Affairs of Court, but surely they know She was and ever Shall be a Warrior at Heart."

Looking directly into my eyes he continued. "The Ophidians were provoked! Yet since hostilities ended they have remained among themselves. It's these Bane that invade our Towns!" "VirtueBane!," he bellowed, "its very name is an abomination!"

"All know my Love and Loyalty for Lord British. I will never abandon Hope for His eventual Return. And I remain ever dedicated to the People of Britannia! Queen Dawn has my Loyalty! Absent ANY evidence of duplicity or having been compromised, I Am Her's to Command!! For now tho, these INVADERS must be dealt with!

Affairs of State and Government Must Wait!"

With that I was dismissed.

Z

Zanthes[EcZ]

To whomever wrote that and especially those that believe it:

Amin feuya ten' lle - antolle ulua sulrim!!

So much falsehood and stretching of the facts, I am astonished that the pen used to write it did not run away on its own!

The Ophidians and Meer helping DEFEND the cities from this invasion are not harming citizens, unless provoked or attacked by them. And I suppose the same could be said for the Bane, except for the fact that the Bane have invaded the cities, and have strived to keep them from the rightful rulers and citizens that are against them. The guards left behind when cities are lost are not peaceful, they attack those that do not agree with them and are their enemies without direct confrontation. The Ophidians and Meer defenders leave when no longer needed.

The truth points to itself, you just have to truly look at it to see this. While we are not ruled or under the control of Queen Dawn and her kingdom, we will, as a Clan, fight and die alongside those that defend the cities under attack by the armies of Virtue Bane. As should all true Britannians - defend your lands against the darkness, otherwise your freedom may be taken next. Think Magincia... not a very nice place to live right now, thank Virtue Bane for that the next time you see a letter like this around your currently peaceful town (Vesper and Brit are peaceful right now!).

Till we next meet on the battlefield or in a celebration of peace...

Elevere Zanthes
Queen, Elf Clan Zanthes

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure I have any biased unfocused and unreasonable hatred left after the whole Gargoyle debacle.