• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] % to smelt with talismans

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you had only the +5 gloves, and No talisman, then i know you can smelt up to copper without worrying about failing and losing half your ore.

How do you work out what you can smelt without failing when you add a talisman into the equation, does it affect smelt chance? So if you had a tali with say +20 exceptional, could you smelt up to agapite without failing?

Are there any charts anywhere you could link me up with?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not aware of a talisman for mining skill, which is what is used for smelting. To the best of my knowledge blacksmithing skill is not taken into account. If I'm wrong I hope someone will correct me.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'm not aware of a talisman for mining skill, which is what is used for smelting. To the best of my knowledge blacksmithing skill is not taken into account. If I'm wrong I hope someone will correct me.
Exactly there is no mining tali and blacksmithing has nothing to do with smelting