• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event To Moonglow, With Love

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Annabel Lee looked over the reports of recent events that Skaros had left for inclusion in the Archives, and smiled a peculiar little smile; the grouchy old Spymaster had taken quite a lot of parchment up with speculation about the ulterior motives of the citizens, who'd beat up the dodgy St George within only a few minutes of his arrival outside the caves of Destard... even before they'd had any real idea what he was up too!

Flicking through the details, it seemed that St George and his partner, Marta The Matchmaker had been running a dating service, charging princesses with more money than sense for training in how to look helpless to starving Dragons, and then taking more money from young lustful swains to wander by and savagely slaughter the salivating dragons, all to impress these ridiculous women. Apparently the lady working with St George was later revealed to be a monstrous Spider-mother, unconcernedly weaving a web of cruelty and abuse around the concept of love, and... ahh yes! Our friendly servants of the Realm had also proceeded to then beat her up too! And once she fell, ran off with the remaining dragon hatchlings held in her cages which, much to Skaro's disgust, they'd promptly mostly sold off to new forms of slavery...

But still, Miss Lee couldn't help but feel there was something quite sweet in hearing that even Dragons could at least ask for protection under King Blackthorn; like his Majesty, Annabel had a deep connection to those whose souls were so much deeper than a simple glance at their inhuman appearance might suggest. And although the King would never openly suggest it, Annabel sometimes wondered too if he also thought, like she did, of how much darker the "heroes" usually turned out to be? Skaros certainly did; his report had said that no one came out of the day with any honour. Even so, Miss Lee would have quite liked to have gained a little hatchling of her own... the artists' impression of them were just so cute! And they made an adorable little SQUONK when tickled, it seemed.

Which reminded her, wasn't there a recent request made by one of the Governors sort of along those lines? Ahh, here it was, also ready for archiving; it seems the Governor of Moonglow had put in a request that the citizens make an effort to improve the sadly deplorable state of Moonglow Zoo. Well, Annabel hadn't got a hatchling for her library, but perhaps the Kingdom could encourage protecting a few more this way!
Popping down to the Royal Apothecary, Annabel took a few of the special, extra powerful potions the King occasionally liked to turn his hand towards; wise and kind as he was, he could never quite resist showing off how much better his own spells were than the average, just how much longer his gates could stay up... Annabel laughed at that thought, "Even the King is still a typical man, eh?!" But she knew her own limits, one of was that she'd never been very good at the actual taming or soppy part of animal husbandry. She could ahem, borrow the resources of the King, and leave a few shortcuts for those who could tempt back the exotic and interesting to a life of pampered care in Moonglow!

To aid the Governor of Moonglow's request, between Saturday 17th and Saturday 24th Of May, Annabel Lee will attempt to help (within reason) those who would like to donate to Moonglow Zoo. So far, the gates go to;

1.) Destard

2.) The White Wyrm in Ice Dungeon

3.) North East Malas, where a Kirin and a Unicorn spawn

4.) Near Rend in the Labyrinth, for Reptalons. This one may be extremely dangerous!

Post below if you have any other ideas for how the Zoo can be helped. And remember, you personally get the points credit for the hand ins!

Last edited:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah memories, memories. This will not be the first time the Citizens of Europa unite to fill Moonglow Zoo. Well do I remember the celebration held in the Zoo when it obtained the last required animal, if I remember correctly it was a silver Steed. This is not something that is done easily, a lot of effort (or gold) is required to reach the required level.

I wish everyone the best of luck in this endeavour.

Anyone else remember this?

party.jpg

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Hi all;

It seems the gates don't survive the server down, so I'll need to reset them every day... but checking the values, you've gained 500,000 points or so since I replaced them this morning, keep up the good work!

Let me know if you can think of better locations for the gates, or extras that would help. This is the sort of communal effort that the Governors system can work with; I'm looking at the requested archery contest next (to hold it in Skara requires some looking over the ground), and I'd love to still honour Vincent's request ... but don't forget the Governor system is for you all, so you can come along and roleplay your own engagement and needs!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I could be wrong but I just paid a visit to the Zoo and it seems to me that we have actually lost ground since I last looked. Also at 9.50PM there is a distinct lack of gates. As I said it took a lot of effort last time by quite a few people to fill the Zoo. Remember if you do not have a tamer you can donate gold or checks instead of animals.

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I gather the server went down again today, so we may have had a roll-back and lost the gates and points due to that; I'll need to touch base tomorrow and see. In the meantime, keep stuffing that zoo!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, with just one more day of the gates (24th), I find that the number of points required to reach the next tier has risen rather than dropped. It would now require near one million points to obtain the next animal. It seems likely therefore, that our Royal Zoo will never again see the Yamadon or the Sphinx, let alone the Silver Steed. It is not altogether surprising remembering just how hard and how much effort it took to fill it last time, especially trying to do it in the few days allotted for this attempt. I fear that with a falling population an attempt to achieve what was done before was doomed to failure. Sad really.

I see in the initial article a reference to us beating up the dodgy ST George as soon as he arrived and before we knew what he was up to. That is probably because if we have learnt anything from events in the past it is 'Do unto others as they would do unto you - AND DO IT FIRST'.

Last edited: