• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] To many skills ! template needed

G

GilliamUO

Ive just Up dated my 2 accounts to Sa,
And now im confused how the hell do i fit inbuding on to a crafter.
template on first crafter
b-smith 120
tailor 120
armslore 100
carpentry 100
mining 100
tink 100
music 70

ok just desided to dump my second char
shame as i used a advance token to get him started.

So i need a imbuding template
im guessing

imbude
item id
mining

as the main 3 help please

O

Old Man of UO

Well, before completely dumping a character, I'd consider using a soul stone to temporarily move off a skill while training imbuing. The 120 imbuing scrolls aren't that hard to get, so it wouldn't be too bad to even consider using a character that you seldom use (e.g., fisherman). Once you get your imbuing skill maxed, then I'd think about which template to settle on. Unless you are also using mysticism with the imbuing bonus, it's pretty easy to leave imbuing on a soul stone until you need it.

G

GilliamUO

Well, before completely dumping a character, I'd consider using a soul stone to temporarily move off a skill while training imbuing. The 120 imbuing scrolls aren't that hard to get, so it wouldn't be too bad to even consider using a character that you seldom use (e.g., fisherman). Once you get your imbuing skill maxed, then I'd think about which template to settle on. Unless you are also using mysticism with the imbuing bonus, it's pretty easy to leave imbuing on a soul stone until you need it.

Good advice i have a few stones to put the higher skills into,
i did not know that mysticism gives an imbuding bonus.
( better read them FAQ again)
So another Skill to add

O

Old Man of UO

i did not know that mysticism gives an imbuding bonus.
Hrmm... uhm, that's not what I meant. Sorry to confuse you, but it's the other way around. Imbuing gives a bonus to mysticism.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ive just Up dated my 2 accounts to Sa,
And now im confused how the hell do i fit inbuding on to a crafter.
template on first crafter
b-smith 120
tailor 120
armslore 100
carpentry 100
mining 100
tink 100
music 70

imbue
item id
You do pretty much need two characters, BUT....

Item ID is not really that much of a help once you understand the values of the properties (unless they decide to let it add bonuses down the road).

Let's start with Character 1:

The established crafter. This character does NOT need to have imbuing. It does need to be an elf, if you intend to make musical instruments.
b-smith 120
tailor 120
arms lore 100
carpentry 100
mining 100
tinker 100
Magery: 60-80 real (depending on the account age). Get a Tome of Lost knowledge to get to 75 skill for pentagrams, if needed. Ability to cast 8th circle spells from scroll will provided needed offense.
music: can be ZERO real skill with the right equipment (5 if a human).
+15 ring, +15 Bracelet, Song-woven Mantle (+10 Music), choice of Singing Axe or Minstrel talisman (each give +5 music - human will need both). Theoretically, a +10 music dryad bow or fishing pole would allow human to go to 0 real, but those would be lucky finds, not something to plan for.
Also consider GM Bowcrafting as a skill that one can soulstone in and out for carpentry, as needed.
This character would make things for the other to unravel, as well as other jobs in line with traditional crafting.

Character 2: The Imbuer.

Personally, I'd stick Imbuing on a mage, along with mysticism, since the latter is modified by both Eval Int and Imbuing.

Finished template would be a PvM template, as follows:
Magery 120
Eval 120
Imbuing 120
Mysticism 120
Meditation 120
Inscription 100
Any points left over, put into anatomy for the Eval/Anatomy passive defense, along with any saved from using equipment for points in magery, eval, and med. With the right equipment, one could theoretically reach around 100 modified anatomy, while keeping the other three skills around modified 120. Of course, no one says you'd have to take any but magery and imbuing to 120, and the magery can be a long-term goal). Train anatomy up along with the others, then turn it down when you hit the skill cap, for maximum defense while training.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Basara hit it right on the button The Imbuer template is exactly like mine (although I have fishing on there temporarily ) and it works great it is actually becoming my favorite template (yes even more than my tamer) the key is getting mysticism and imbuing maxed out as soon as possible, also eval as high asap!
I have to say the colossus is my favorite summon now these things can rip a room apart and they don't agro !
anyway you could always go over to test center and try it out for a while and see!

G

GilliamUO

Thank you Basara and storm ,
Im gonna pop onto test and try out That template .:stir:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
just wanted to add I also have spellweave that I put on my character and its great gift of life for those times when you got in to far! immolate weapon combined with enchant weapon can be a great defense for those pesky critters that get to you!
if you go this route I would put 8 0r 9 mana regen on in addition to the 120 med ! as this template can be very mana intensive ! also lmc is a boon also but not necessary (unless you are fighting very high end critters)