• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To Focus or Not to Focus?

• Thread starter fraidy cat
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

fraidy cat

Hey all! I have a question I've been meaning to ask...

I've been working a template with the following skills: Magery, Evaluating Intelligence, Mysticism, Focus, Resisting Spells, Spellweaving, and Meditation. I've been swapping Resisting Spells out with Imbuing as I play in order to work up my Imbuing skill and 'get rid of' all the loot I've been collecting, and have started dropping Meditation as my spellcasting skills have passed 100 points. If I'm not mistaken, Imbuing can be substituted for Focus with regards to Mysticism, and herein lies the question...

I've not seen a single Focus powerscroll on any vendor--they must be a highly valued commodity! I have, however, 'eaten' a 120 Imbuing powerscroll, and am nearing 100 skill points in said skill. Would it be wise to swap out Focus for Imbuing once Imbuing passes 100 skill points?

I don't have any sort of 'uber' suit with all sorts of mana splurges on it, and was wondering if this would drastically effect my mana regeneration. I realize I'll lose a bit of it by dropping Focus, but wondered if it would really matter that much in the long run...

Thanks for any feedback/advice!

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 focus gives 6 mana regen and 12 stamina regen (possibly more I forgot now honestly but I think it's 2 stamina per 20 points and I know it's 1 mana per 20 points) So in the long run.. no not really a drastic change, however for pvp and harder pvm you would be better off with focus vs imbue. Between focus and imbue, focus makes more sense since it serves a more practical use for your character, more mana to cast better and more stamina to get hit less and swing faster. However imbuing is one of the best crafting skills ever put into UO. You will eventually have that "uber" suit if you continue to work the skill. But really imbue is for a crafter/mule and focus is for a more practical monster killing temp. In the event you have to choose between 120 imbue and lets say 100 focus, I would go imbue since it will add more damage, duration and increase the overall effectivness of the mysticism end of the template. 6 mana regen isn't a huge deal if you have a nice suit..and imbue can provide that...eventually.

F

fraidy cat

Thanks for your great reply! That's exactly what I was wondering about...and now I've my answer. I'll just switch to Imbuing once it's past 100, then back to Focus once I've obtained a powerscroll...and Imbuing can go to my crafter!

Thanks again!