• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) To Everything There Is A Season....

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was enjoying a relaxing afternoon working on some paperwork when I saw a familiar face standing outside my office. Pagan of Winterbreeze Village walked the path up looking every inch a roguish gentleman so I got up from my desk and met him as he walked up the steps. I shut my office door before he could notice its faulty engineering problems. He looked very serious and I soon found out why...

Snap21050.jpg

I listened to him speak of being tired of waiting, of being left out of the Government, of no support for the Independent Towns, of the King's broken promises & more. I knew in my heart that he was right. The King was never going to support the Independent Towns.

Snap21051.jpg

Almost like a correographed dance, out of the shadows appeared Raven of the True Britannians, The Freedom Fighters as he called his men. I motioned them into my office for more privacy.

Snap21055.jpg

The Helter-Skelter that was Britain these past few weeks with Solus's rebellion & transformation into seeming mad man and now the attack on Falling Waters Fortress have forced me to realize that the King loves Chaos. He pits his Governors against each other and watches the jealousy & rivalry play out no matter the consequences.

Snap21052.jpg

I had watched the first term of comradre and fellowship develop in to ugly accusations and personal attacks by the third. Distrust was now the new normal. I let them speak about things that any loyal Governor would have called the Guards by now. What I was hearing from them I had already heard in rumors and innuendos in other places.

Snap21056.jpg

My concerns had been divided up until this point. I knew that I would have to make a decision one way or another and soon. Pagan & Raven also told me of the Vesper meeting last night and his declaration for the men of Winterbreeze Village. They would go to Falling Water Fortress to defend it. He warned me of the King's plan to dissolve some of the villages and said he would call a meeting of the Independent Cities.

Snap21062.jpg

We have one more meeting this term that I would have to decide whether or not to go. I wanted to believe that the King would keep his promise and offer the Towns some concrete plan...but what if he has other plans for them as Pagan fears? Why is the King killing more innocents in Malas as Raven describes in terrible detail.

Snap21063.jpg

New Magincia citizens are happy as long as there was no war or strife on their shores. Merchants they are to the core. I know they would not follow a Rebel Governor if it meant trade is interrupted. I learned that well with the Embargo brought by Vesper. I had called the old Magincia my home for many years but I see now that it has changed almost beyond recognition.

Snap21106.jpg

I left my beloved City of the Blue Cranes with Administrators while I have served New Magincia. For all these months, the care that I should have had for my home has been taken up with New Magincia. Perhaps it is time to let a new Governor take up the banner of New Magincia and for me to return to my beautiful Blue Cranes.

If this makes me a Freedom Fighter then let us find more like minded people and return to our roots with a new Council where all are equal and Order is sought. I will attend the last meeting to hear the King make or break his promise and send my sister Tahani to the meeting of Free Cities. I will look forward to a new beginning and freedom from Chaos.

Last edited: