• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To date, what was your best day on Siege?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My recent adventure in Doom got me thinking about this....what is your best day on Siege up to this point?

This could be interpreted in a number of ways? The day you placed that castle, or the day you finally PK'ed a hated enemy, or the day you reached 120 taming. What was it, and why was it awesome?

For myself, I'm having a hard time deciding. The day B^A and FYOU decided we'd knock out an Oaks spawn and do a Harrower, that was a great day. I had never in 15 years done a Fel Oaks spawn OR a Harrower, and half the people in our guild were negative karma. Wow, what a mess. But some of the best fun, or....

That castle IDOC last year by Igg's museum, seemed like half the shard showed up, little houses springing up all over the place with all the guild taking put shots at each other. Even when it fell in the madness that followed folks we generally good natured (I mean, everyone killed each other, but still....) Malloc even taunted me by placing a hero dyed bone piece just out of reach. It was ok. I got to shoot at him a bit.....or....

Working through shadow guard with Talia and Igg when it came out (my one and only time) we had no idea what we were doing, just fumbling along over several nights until we got to the roof. That fight must have lasted two hours, and we got one drop between the three of us. Not a great reward for effort but a great time....

But I think my favorite moment was in the first few months before I told anyone I was here, just stealthing around working lockpicking until I finally picked a Destard chest. Something about the slow, steady raising of that first character, no money, no house, from zilch to that final *click* On the lock, I hadn't felt that happy with UO since 2001.

What about you all?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- my first days on SP when I was welcomed so warmly by so many nice people
- the first days of my museum, when so many visitors came and donated stuff
- the 2 Scalis-hunts I did last year with more than 25 people, even more than 30, showing up - and all those folks donating nets
- the 15 smaller hunts attended by 5-10 people who joined in for some hours of fun - so many new friendships developed
- the Castle-Idoc you mentioned, where my wife and I managed to steal stuff from Virem´s and Arnold´s backpack ;)

Last edited:

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My best day was also my worst. It was back in 97 or 98, when I bought my first home.

I had a tent and was saving up for a small tower. When I finally had the gold I bought a 1 room classic house. I went and placed it. Was sooo happy. Then I got PK's by some dude in all bone armor. He dry looted me and took my key. I had the house for all of 5 minutes. Good times.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is right at the top for me: (Player News) - A Siege Moment - June 8th, 7:45 P.M EST

Even with all the shard politics before and after the event and going on to lose the Britain election by a landslide, it was such a fun and memorable evening.

More recently, finally getting 5 members of the CLAN all on at the same time and patrolling the towns. Even though at the time, we didn't really find anyone to fight, it reminded me of the days we were all younger and able to play together without the worries of work schedules and family commitments.

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your book that you wrote about us that you won something for, that story was awsome. Was a good day forsure, I hope you still have it and can repost for all to read ☺

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The books from the bear hunt and the fish context are at Safe Haven Hub and Crafting Center on the roof, they are sure worth reading.

I have so many good days, that I don't know which one I should choose.

Sargatanza

Journeyman
I have many of "best days": meeting with Mr R.A. and talk with Him!; every time i meet with Savages; when i was able to kill Boolean first time (sorry Mr Boo, i love You); every good vvv with GIL&Vice!; every time a see how SP Ladys fights or doing something!!!; ALL & every GIL events that i was in!; my first hunt, when we killing Corgul's 3 hours :); King Kelmo surprices; Miss Joline surprices; treasure hunting with Mr Tyrath!; every hunt with Mr Victim!; my shame on Deal or no Deal :); when first time sow Mr Crunch cross fields; ooh, i can continue long, this place is SUPER!!!
When i see Miss Freja, Miss Joline, Miss Becca, Miss Tanager, Miss Sarah, Miss Sara, Miss Delores, Miss Voza, Miss Eshelle, Miss Baby Doll, Miss Vixen, Miss Hoffs, Miss CharGar, Miss Susie, Miss Arctic, Miss Kattasrophe, Miss Calavera, Miss Leawyn, Miss Talia, Miss Lyssa, Miss Zora, King Kelmo, Mr Malloc, Mr Otto, Mr Grimlex, Mr Holden, Mr Razz, Mr Tjalle, Mr Fogsbane, Mr Max, Mr Alzheimer, Mr Victim, Mr Jesper, Mr Morgan, Mr Garth, Mr Bo, Mr Milky, Mr Sinister, Mr Calaman, Mr Nightstalker, Mr Ander the Brave, Mr Syeron, Mr Nonel, Mr Starcon, Mr Dyno, Mr Tyrath, Mr SAM, Mr Vincent, Mr Dubhdara, Mr Crunch, Mr Feanaro, Mr Sprago, Mr Synbad, Mr Kuzan, Mr Keh, Mr Siq - You all making my time SUPER (other sisters and brothers of Yours too); sorry, i was trying to remember all avatar names that make my time super, but my head still ill.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My recent adventure in Doom got me thinking about this....what is your best day on Siege up to this point?

This could be interpreted in a number of ways? The day you placed that castle, or the day you finally PK'ed a hated enemy, or the day you reached 120 taming. What was it, and why was it awesome?

For myself, I'm having a hard time deciding. The day B^A and FYOU decided we'd knock out an Oaks spawn and do a Harrower, that was a great day. I had never in 15 years done a Fel Oaks spawn OR a Harrower, and half the people in our guild were negative karma. Wow, what a mess. But some of the best fun, or....

That castle IDOC last year by Igg's museum, seemed like half the shard showed up, little houses springing up all over the place with all the guild taking put shots at each other. Even when it fell in the madness that followed folks we generally good natured (I mean, everyone killed each other, but still....) Malloc even taunted me by placing a hero dyed bone piece just out of reach. It was ok. I got to shoot at him a bit.....or....

Working through shadow guard with Talia and Igg when it came out (my one and only time) we had no idea what we were doing, just fumbling along over several nights until we got to the roof. That fight must have lasted two hours, and we got one drop between the three of us. Not a great reward for effort but a great time....

But I think my favorite moment was in the first few months before I told anyone I was here, just stealthing around working lockpicking until I finally picked a Destard chest. Something about the slow, steady raising of that first character, no money, no house, from zilch to that final *click* On the lock, I hadn't felt that happy with UO since 2001.

What about you all?
Like 100 years ago when I got attacked by two incompetent pks, and killed them both with just summoned earth elementals. Had a pretty good laugh. :D

Righty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had a lot of good times, but one of my favorites was the candle of love event. I remember large gulid fights ranging all over the land, and in places that usually wouldn't be hotzone fighting areas. And since it wasn't just factions, there were blue alliances mixed in with the factioneers which really turned out to be a fun event for everyone I think.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my most memorable moments was my first champ spawn. Oh, I was SO green!
Up to that point, I had been crafting, killing a few low level monsters with my beetle, and spending most of my time mining.
My template was : mining, blacksmithing, tinkering, tailoring, carpentry, hiding and magery. The only skills that were fully trained were mining and hiding.

Then, I started hanging around with KSS - the Knights of the Silver Serpent.
They were on their way to a champ, and one of the leaders asked me if I wanted to come along.
I said yes, and was told my role was to use my VERY limited magery to heal anyone who needed it.
I'd never even heard of a champ. I had NO idea what I was letting myself in for.

We went to the champ spawn south of Papua. I had never imagined so many monsters all in one spot!
Worse, everyone seemed to know what to do except me!
At that point, I didn't even know you could pull up another player's health bar.

So, there I was, trying to target people who were running around in circles.
With, I might add, no targeting macros (never heard of them!), being attacked by mongbats (scary!), with no form of mana regen whatsoever (what does that do?), wearing cloth.
Because, what did I know???

I ended up crashing through the jungle, frantically trying to get away from the FIRST LEVEL of spawn, only to find that they were EVERYWHERE!

I died. Over, and over and over. A mongbat stole my regs. And everything I had to wear.
A much-repeated phrase that day was "What cretin thought it was a good idea to bring the blind guy to the hunt???"
In the end, they told me to hide on the altar, and call out how many candles were up.
I am grateful that they didn't just tell me to get lost (I already was, having never been there before!)

The next day, I was assigned a mentor. And many long friendships began.

SOL INVICTUS!!!

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had a lot of good times in siege but my best/favorite era was back when i was in TNT and this is gonna get real long time ago, and to be more specific, it was back when Shad was guild leader. Kat you did a great job as GM but Shad was great guild leader, very knowledgable in UO, a top notch pvp'er and had some good tactics in battle. i wish i could have played more with him we had some stragedies we never got to try

There are so many names i remember from that time i would love to play with anyone one of them again.
Shad
Tide
Salvage
Balki
RU(ocasionally see him out there)
Hattori
Kat

in Later years of TNT
Krystal
MONOLITH
there is one more name that is pissing me off that i cant think of that played with those 2
Righty

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sprago, I'm not sure if it is the same one but there is a Righty who just came back after a long break. He has been on in the afternoon. May be your guy?

I have had a lot of good times in siege but my best/favorite era was back when i was in TNT and this is gonna get real long time ago, and to be more specific, it was back when Shad was guild leader. Kat you did a great job as GM but Shad was great guild leader, very knowledgable in UO, a top notch pvp'er and had some good tactics in battle. i wish i could have played more with him we had some stragedies we never got to try

There are so many names i remember from that time i would love to play with anyone one of them again.
Shad
Tide
Salvage
Balki
Hattori
Kat

in Later years of TNT
Krystal
MONOLITH
there is one more name that is pissing me off that i cant think of that played with those 2
Righty

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Shad
Tide
Salvage
Balki
Hattori
Kat

in Later years of TNT
Krystal
MONOLITH
Righty
Those were some great times.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My best day was Sept 23, 2008. It was my birthday and it was the day I got my first castle. North Ice Island, the castle was IDOC. It fell, I placed immediately and got a TON of the loot. Good times. It was a great birthday present.

Second best time was when I won this house:
HumanHouse.png

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My best day was Sept 23, 2008. It was my birthday and it was the day I got my first castle. North Ice Island, the castle was IDOC. It fell, I placed immediately and got a TON of the loot. Good times. It was a great birthday present.

Second best time was when I won this house:
View attachment 71938
i wish i would have gotten a screenshot of this day when i won mine as well but yes this was an very fun day too

Ol'Rac Nnod

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The day I met Freja! LoL, her help and guidance definitely got me beyond the "new" slump o' returning!

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Py Lethius secretly knighted me the night that he quit UO... was a great moment. I quit a few weeks later.

Kattasrophe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I know its been a while since I've popped up or posted anything, buuuuut I have to say, I think mine was the day where Moonglow was under Quarantine. It was such a fun role playing event and I had a lot of fun with my friends and others that participated. I think there's a video of it around somewhere on youtube. Good to see that Siege is still thriving :heart:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best day was when I was sailing around fishing and stopped at my old dwelling spot on Ocrina ISland to hash through old memories and dry dock the boat. When I noticed the keep was IDOC, it fell a couple hours later and at 9:13pm on 11-21-2013 I took up residence on my island once again. Place it on one of the 6 accounts that will never close short of death or the UO plug being pulled. I did trade it off to Vic last year when it looked like death was fairly certain for my near future. Then he gave it back when that all turned around. BTW thanks again to everyone that held my most important houses during that time :) Would have hated to see them replaced with ghost houses and forgotten by prodo players :) Errr not that I would have been seeing that happen from 6 feet under :p