• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To a certain large guild that constantly litters with their books..

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You litter everywhere else with your propaganda about your guild.
Do NOT litter our vendor houses with this cra p.
Thank you, in advance, for defining success somewhere OTHER then my house.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will write them and then litter them all over your vendor house because of how upset people get at trivial things, lol @ you all.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah there were books at the umbra guild house. kinda weird...

however if they stoped dropping id run out of cool things to put in them

T

Tazar

Spring cleaning continues...

Please try to stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks.

Thanks!

L

Lord Kynd

Spring cleaning continues...

Please try to stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks.

Thanks!
hmm.. on topic..... they need to start punishing that guild for littering there crapola all over the land's...

V

Vaen Swiftar

If only. The guild in question doesn't care what anyone thinks, though. They are self-proclaimed the best guild on the shard. Although I could start a guild up in 2 days, recruit BBQLou, Kero, and Elvis (the real one, he's been behind my couch this whole time, just hiding....... waiting.....), and instantly be widely accepted as better.

You know it, don't hide it.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You litter everywhere else with your propaganda about your guild.
Do NOT litter our vendor houses with this cra p.
Thank you, in advance, for defining success somewhere OTHER then my house.
Honestly, the guild doesn't really seem to care about litter. I've seen messages like yours before, and they never seem to have an effect.

What bothers me most about these books is their total lack of imagination... always the "Defining Sucess..." tagline. BORING. The only image this guild projects is that they're ideas are stale and they think that their size means they can just rest on their laurels and this litter will attract new members.

Just like every major corporation, this guild has grown so large that the leaders exist in a reality created in their own minds. You can't just keep saying the same thing over and over... Heck, even McDonalds has changed their advertising campaign over the years.

So... my message is this... if you are going to litter all of Sosaria with your propoganda... at least be creative and make some changes...

The entire "Defining Success" tagline has turned into the "Defining Failure" campaign for this guild.

Safe Travels, Sam

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw a book in Despise Felucca and wondered if it was a special quest book I've just never noticed before. It turned out to be an LLTS recruiting book. A weird place considering their target demographic.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

There's an actual book (IRL) in print about the LLTS guild: http://www.llts.org/History.php?p=86Legend

It's aptly titled: "Legend: The Syndicate - A History of On-line Gaming's Premiere Guild." I actually saw this book in the craptasitic Waldens bookstore the other day in the pen-and-paper/gaming section.

I quickly made way to the public restroom to vomit.

A

AmanitaMuscaria

“This book is not only a history of online gaming and one of its most important institutions, it is also the record of the birth of a new form of social organization and interaction,” said editor Stephen M. Carey, Ph.D., professor of Medieval Studies at Georgia State University.

Established in early 1996 by guildmaster Sean Stalzer, The Syndicate is among the oldest online guilds and, by many measures, the most successful in history. For many millions of players worldwide, guilds have become an integral part of the technological phenomenon of online fantasy role-playing games. The Syndicate has been a preeminent force in these games, and its influence is evident in many corners of the gaming world.

“We were interested in publishing the first book ever written about an online guild, and it was obvious from the very beginning that we would approach The Syndicate for this project,” said Anthony N. Verrecchia, President and Founder of Avari Press. “Without giving away all their secrets, this book explains how they have been able to achieve their success not only in the game but in creating such an organized community.

“Their management style, their organization, their strict code, and their ability to mobilize huge groups of people are quite impressive,” said Verrecchia. “They are very focused on their goals while maintaining a high level of fun and camaraderie.”

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*Firmus the cruel steps through the Compassion moongate and finds a small booklet on the ground.*

"Litter... Humans toss their garbage everywhere!"

*Picking up the book Firmus opens it and begins to read...*

"Oh, these folks are as consumed with the pursuit of power... as I am! Perhaps when I've finished with my current tasks I shall look them up and join their guild."

*Glancing around to see if anyone is watching... Firmus tucks the booklet into his backpack*

R

Rix/\

it's not limited to just atlantic they advertise on all the shards, lately lune bank has become littered city with recall runes and books placed out all day long. I'm not against advertising a vendor with a rune or 2 in each moongate or something exspecially for those vendors out in middle of no where. But overwhelming the enter city with 50+ runes plus 20 books just in the bank area alone is getting out of hand.

Kayne.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i love those books. its fun to write lil tidbits of vulgar humor in them.

G

GFY

Most people seem to forget that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Since you've started this thread 598 people and counting have checked it out. Some will check the guild out to see what the fuss is about. Others will run out and check out the book in the bookstore or library. Keep up the good work and keep spreading the word!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I found one of these books at the finish line of a game of capture the hat i won. worked out perfectly

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Lake Superior when these books appear I've began collecting them all then making an arrow to a bank trash chest with them.:popcorn:

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most people seem to forget that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Since you've started this thread 598 people and counting have checked it out. Some will check the guild out to see what the fuss is about. Others will run out and check out the book in the bookstore or library. Keep up the good work and keep spreading the word!
:-D Indeed!

Personally, I'm much more annoyed to find 8-high stacks of alternating blue and red books at every moongate than I am to run across singular books of any kind.