• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tired of client crashes due to scripters. Please.....

• Thread starter KoolAidAddict
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
K

KoolAidAddict

for craps sake, fix this.
Almost every IDOC I do now, you see a couple or more folks standing in the placing spots (front center of old house spot or towards the old house sign location) not moving or anything. Then when looting is over and you go to recall out.....BOOM.....client craps out. And on the odd occasion when you dont see the scripters there, it doesnt happen. I could name em on Atlantic, if ya want.

Jeremy......thought ya'll were gonna reveal plans to deal with these :loser:losers:loser: who cant play/ place on their own and need a script to do it for em. I know Austin meetup was washed out, but couldnt the info be revealed in another fashion?
:please:
And like WHEN this is gonna get implemented?

So......word?

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Here is a way to fix it... Stop camping idoc's in tram! You can kill anyone in Fel!

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isnt a script - or at least not a placing script - that is crashing you man. It is the drag-and-recall thing. If anyone around you is dragging anything when you recall you crash. Well documented and not sure why Dev's havent fixed it yet.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep this has nothing to do with scripting. I do a lot of idocs and I have crashed many times when recalling. I have become so used to it that I recall to a default Moonglow Bank rune so that when I relog in I am somewhere safe. A couple of times when it first happened I recalled home and my packs were killed by spawn. I then recall wherever it is I want to go. It is an old and reasonably well known 'dragging' bug.

Not everything in the game is ruined by scripters it just seems it is :hahaha:

C

Coppelia

It isnt a script - or at least not a placing script - that is crashing you man. It is the drag-and-recall thing. If anyone around you is dragging anything when you recall you crash. Well documented and not sure why Dev's havent fixed it yet.
They probably don't know where it comes from. The code has been proved to be quite a mess numerous times.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have experienced this too, and it is quite annoying.

Hopefully it is something that can be fixed...although I understand that it might be just a limitation of the code. I have a feeling there are probably more than a few things that the Devs would like to resolve, but may not be able to.

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code is only limited by the efforts of those who write it. Therefore, any problems (such as this one) are fixable - They just have to put in the effort to find and repair them.

I'm not saying only a small amount of effort is required. Just pointing out that there's no such thing as an "unfixable" bug.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True. I guess I meant more along the lines of time restraints and resources to allocate to the task.

T

The Home Guild

Justin Timberlake has a song called .."Cry me a river"

With the new system for housing/idoc changes scripts are useless and i'm sure not used. Find a new excuse and maybe like the others said.. give up on idocs and actually work a skill or pvp or hunt or hell do something constructive irl instead of complaining.

that is my 2 cents.