• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

tips on raising chivalry to 120

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have a good MR LMC LRC suit to cast noble sacrifice without running out of mana and am approaching 110. Any tips on speeding this up, other than buying pink scrolls? Does the satyr disco help anymore? Thanks

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The satyr trick was fixed quite a while ago I believe. I think spaming noble sacrifice is your best bet, it's relatively quick and painless.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was a little concerned when I read in uoguide that you can't gain past 115 other then GGS, although I don't know if that's true or not

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just used GGS and transcendence scrolls because I read the same thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cast noble sacrifice as soon as you have enough mana. Public place with people helps.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The satyr trick was fixed quite a while ago I believe. I think spaming noble sacrifice is your best bet, it's relatively quick and painless.
I believe this to be inaccurate. Unless it was very recent (last few months) satyr trick does work.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sounds like I may be wrong on the satyr trick. I looked into it a little while ago when I was training up a bunch of skills and was told that while you can still be disco'd and gain from lower level spells your chance to gain is still calculated at real skill level.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sounds like I may be wrong on the satyr trick. I looked into it a little while ago when I was training up a bunch of skills and was told that while you can still be disco'd and gain from lower level spells your chance to gain is still calculated at real skill level.
Yes, gain in skill is calculated at real skill level.

Satyr trick helps when you can reduce your success chance of casting a spell from say 99% to 70%. Because you are now casting a spell with more optimal success chance for gains, you should gain faster.

Duncan's suggestion of using a ball of knowledge is one way to verify it. I used this method twice...not too long ago and it certainly felt faster because of it. Can't say I recorded times and gain speeds to verify it though.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
True on satyr - can cast lower-level spells to gain but still the painfully slow gain rate of my 112 real skill- so no advantage since my mana hardly drops casting noble sacrifice wearing an mr30 suit with GM med temporarily stoned on - seeing maybe 5 or 6 gains an hour - I do remember in the past getting discorded and the gain rate was based on the discorded skill, but obviously that was changed

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cast noble sacrifice as soon as you have enough mana. Public place with people helps.
You're saying you gain faster casting at Luna bank than casting in your house? If so, I never knew that but guess that might explain all the casting at the bank.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
my logic is that, at the bank, there's real possible targets, dunno if that helps or not, in my head it did :)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I've always trained it away from others because it is faster to use all the combined mana gaining methods, to dump from full, then Med up. Doing it near players instantly redlines your mana and so you are relying on whatever regenerative rate you can acquire.

Also, the Satyr trick never worked for me personally, but I don't think skill gain is calculated at the real skill level, or else -29 Mage Weapons wouldn't work.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So for the record, I got to 116.0 tonight. EC says I'm casting noble sacrifice at 100 percent success rate, but I'm still gaining at the same rate I have been for quite a while - 6 to 8 gains an hour - no change at 115 or 116 compared to 110. @Lord Taliesin gains confirmed.
EDIT: Reached 120 chivalry casting noble sacrifice

Last edited: