• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tinkz new career?

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone knows Tinkz is not a fighter ... she is a sneakylilgrannytinkerthief. Lately, however, she seems to be taking a different approach to distracting faction players...

Over the last two weeks Tinkz has been having considerable trouble keeping her clothes on ... seriously! She has dropped her Shadowdancers twice, arms once and two days ago she dropped EVERYTHING except her blessed burglars, her totem of void and her ecru ring. Thankfully SL has been complete ladies/gentlemen and returned everything (well last time Tinkz didn't get her helm/hat/head covering back) or Tinkz would be running the countryside naked still.

During that same most recent battle/defense, another char dropped arms and yet a third char (different account) dropped a gorget.

Now I have played this game for 8 years... I had 500,000+ gold as gold in the bank for insurance, the items (on Tinkz) were uninsured and reinsured just before I took her to the defense and I know the other chars were insured as well. Until this last two weeks I have NEVER dropped an item ... not once. I guess I should count myself lucky, huh?

Any suggestions on how to get Tinkz to keep her clothes on? rolleyes:

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear so many are dropping items tinkz. Over the years I have dropped alot of items as well, some returned and some not.

I have always heard you carry your bank with you everywhere, so I keep only gold in my bank and nothing else. It also seems when there is alot of server lag, items will drop or they will be in your ghost gump. I would log out and back in to see if that items returns. then page a gm to check to see if it is on your ghost gump, if I remember right about a year ago that was a huge problem on Great Lakes.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Gracie ... yes, it is baffling to me ... never dropped before and it is on my body because SL has been kind enough to collect it and return it ... I hope they are finding Tinkz new "nudist" tendencies amusing at least rolleyes:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use the Options button on your paperdoll and select the option that requires you to press Shift to use context menus. (I think it's under one of the tabs on the right side of the gump.) I've been told that this might prevent someone from using a hack that lets them manipulate the data stream to uninsure your items. I have no idea if such a hack exists, but the person that passed on this tidbit told me that he got it from a GM.

If you do select that option, just keep in mind that you have to hold down the Shift key to use ANY context menu. It takes just a little bit of getting used to, but if it means decreasing the possibility of losing stuff to a hack, I think it's worth it.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*grins* .... there aren't any hacks/exploits/cheats in this game ... are there? *looks shocked*

Thanks I was "reminded" of that the other day and totally spaced actually doing it... I will now.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch. I can assure you that no E-GO members use hacks that make people drop their armor.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*looks puzzled* .... did I ever once say there was anyone using a hack/cheat/etc., causing Tinkz to drop her armor? And, certainly, I know I never mentioned any guild name in any way associated with these happenings. I do know people use hacks/cheats/exploits in the game, I have been told so by many who use them, but even if I had proof that someone was causing Tinkz to drop her armor due to a hack/cheat/exploit I would never accuse them in a public forum.

I apologize if my posts made anyone feel they needed to defend themselves or their guild. I was merely looking for help to keep clothes on this lil thief. I have changed the context option and died twice with no drop. Haven't changed anything else so we will see with time if she starts undressing again :lol:

B

Barbosa

Its the Tequila hack... made my clothes fall off last night too...:gee: