• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lock Picking] Tinkered Boxes for Training

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey guys, I'm about to train my tinkering. I've read all the guides on training Lockpicking, but I just don't know if I should make just a small set at each of the tinkering skill levels or if I should make hundreds?

Does it work like Arms Lore where you can't start the items over again until you've gained off a unique one you haven't Lored before?

I guess the simplest way to put this question is, if I wanted to pick and lock the same box over and over again for gains, could I?

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can gain over and over again from the same boxes. I personally have a set of 20 boxes made at lvls 30, 50, 75 and GM. These got me to 95 lockpicking, after that you have to hit the dungeons or get disco'd. I have read some people say that they made it all the way to 95 with a single GM box but I have personally never tried it.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use to run the best lock pick tower on all of Catskills until they changed UO and did away with the RNG. This remove the need to have lock pick houses as well as the need to do 8x8 training.

I have recently returned to the game after a long time off and decided I wanted a GM lock picker on this account again. Unfortunately my tinker was already at GM.

I bought lp to 30 from a thief made 5 GM level boxes and tried to pick them. After 30 mins and virtually no gains I created a new character with 50 tinkering and made 5 new boxes. I went from 30-55 lp in less then 10 mins.

Then I went back and trained my tinker up to 70 skill and made 5 more boxes.....that got me from 55 to 75 In less then an hour.

Then I went back to my original GM lvl boxes and gained to 95. This took considerably longer....but we are still talking hours of training ...not days.

So ya make yourself 5-20 boxes at skill 50, 70, GM . Toss them in a chest when you are done. If are going to try the disco routine.... You might want a set of 85 lvl boxes too might make the push from 95 -100 easier.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh and why I say toss them in a chest when you are done with them...add a book that says what they are...maybe colour code the boxes to help remember...I promise one of your friends will eventually want to borrow them.