• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to re-think the 720.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
While not a bad idea, I'd be really surprised if Broadsword was given more than 10% of UO-related Origin sales...if they get any at all that is. EA isn't known for being liberal with the purse strings.

I respectfully disagree. If Broadsword is keeping anything less than 60% of UO revenue, they would shut down. Most of EA's subsidiaries pass up a third of revenue to EA (dependent on the how involved corporate EA is). It's certainly not 90%+. UO's revenue is extremely immaterial to EA's bottom line. My guess would be that keeping UO afloat is more likely about keeping a potential Ultima brand name than anything else at this point. I could be wrong, but 10% of revenue likely isn't even enough to cover salaries and basic benefits even for their skeleton staff. (Disclosure: I'm a shareholder).

Back on topic though - anything that's worth doing is worth doing for money. If they were to make a skill point change, it shouldn't be free. The player base should have to fork over some money for each toon to have their skill cap raised. And any increase should only be 10 to 20 points max - not 80-100 point increase.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure this is a good idea at all as far as PVM goes. 80 skill points don't seem like much but think about the builds you could create. Just off the top of my head you could do something like this:

Sampire tanks while pet attacks

120 weapon
120 bushido
120 Tactics
110 Taming (15 from +skills)
110 Lore (15 from +skills)
100 Necro
75 Parry
75 Chiv

Pet Tanks while sampire attacks

120 weapon
120 bushido
120 Tactics
100 Necro
110 Taming (15 from +skills)
110 Lore (15 from +skills)
100 Vet (+10 enhanced bandages and +15 from +skills)
75 Chiv

The power of a sampire combined with a greater dragon. Seems a bit OP. Believe me I'm no where near as creative as many players are.

I would consider it the MMO version of jumping the sharks for UO to increase the cap to 800.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I respectfully disagree. If Broadsword is keeping anything less than 60% of UO revenue, they would shut down. Most of EA's subsidiaries pass up a third of revenue to EA (dependent on the how involved corporate EA is). It's certainly not 90%+. UO's revenue is extremely immaterial to EA's bottom line. My guess would be that keeping UO afloat is more likely about keeping a potential Ultima brand name than anything else at this point. I could be wrong, but 10% of revenue likely isn't even enough to cover salaries and basic benefits even for their skeleton staff. (Disclosure: I'm a shareholder).

Back on topic though - anything that's worth doing is worth doing for money. If they were to make a skill point change, it shouldn't be free. The player base should have to fork over some money for each toon to have their skill cap raised. And any increase should only be 10 to 20 points max - not 80-100 point increase.
Broadsword was hired by EA to maintain and support UO and DoC, I doubt very much if Broadsword gets any % what so ever as all accounts and sales are paid directly to EA not Broadsword.

Ossy

Adventurer
Maybe UO can only attract new players by becoming something non-UO.

Lets be honest, it hasnt done a good job of attracting new players by continuing to be UO.
But then it's not UO and it's competing with the same exact games that are out there. There really isn't any difference between WoW and LotR or any of the other MMOs.

UO is different and should remain different. If it becomes just one of the pack, there's nothing to make it stand out from the rest. Warcraft and LotR have the names and properties associated with them. Besides UO, there hasn't been an Ultima game in decades. What would attract a new player if it was the same as the other games?

No, it has to be different and stand out. That's not to say that it can't take some of the more popular elements.

Ossy

Adventurer
Maybe the solution isn't more skill points but adjusting the skills we already have to free up additional points.

Someone in here suggested combining skills, but I don't necessarily think that is really the way to go, at least not combining things like the crafting skills.

Maybe only selective skills get combined, things that are already similar and most templates/builds will already have. Also this would be skills that most likely would not require a major coding overhaul and wouldn't knock the game off balance.

Combine lumberjacking and mining as a new skill: Resource Gathering. That frees up a 100 skill points on a crafter as most builds wil have both those skills and it really doesn't knock things out of whack. It's taking the same action, double clicking a tool and then clicking an object, and making it one.

Combine tactics, anatomy and focus as Combat Knowledge. Still get all the same bonuses that those skills bring and a warrior now gets 100+ extra skill points. Combat Knowledge can still give the same bonus to healing and the combined damage bonus of tactics and anatomy.

Evaluating Intelligence and Meditation can be combined into Arcane Knowledge.

Provocation and Discordance could be Bardic Skills (or something).

Animal Lore and Vetirinary can be combined and still be called Animal Lore.

I can't imagine recoding for those changes would be extensive.

I think it would require a lot of changes to take Tinkering, Blacksmithing, Carpentry and Tailoring into one skill; or Swords, Fencing and Mace into one.

But there are a lot of skills that can be combined without changing the basic nature of that skill.

Then there are the skills that can roll into others and still keep the same RP nature of it, well still freeing up some points (although I doubt many of these are still in use):

Item Identification rolls into Arms Lore; Taste ID rolls into Cooking; Detect Hidden rolls into Tracking

Maybe they still raise the skill cap to 750 and 800 (with items), but just by combining some similar skills it could free up 100+ skill points on almost every character.

Not a huge overhaul of the game and wouldn't knock it that off balance.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a huge overhaul of the game and wouldn't knock it that off balance.
I think you are dramatically underestimating the impact of 100 or 200 potential extra skill points worth of utility to a player who knows what they are doing.

I am all for some skills getting combined, but not ones with actual functions. Taste Id, Camping... stuff like that, sure. But mixing Tactics and Anatomy, or Eval and med, or ALL the melee skills? I don't think that's a good idea, and would require a TON of balancing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think you are dramatically underestimating the impact of 100 or 200 potential extra skill points worth of utility to a player who knows what they are doing.

I am all for some skills getting combined, but not ones with actual functions. Taste Id, Camping... stuff like that, sure. But mixing Tactics and Anatomy, or Eval and med, or ALL the melee skills? I don't think that's a good idea, and would require a TON of balancing.
Personally I always thought it was dumb to have to gain a skill like Musicianship when by itself it does absolutely NOTHING. When really I should just be able to work up Provo, Peacing and Discord.

And when you think about it Eval Int doesn't really do a damn thing either.

Focus at least regens your mana, Med regens your mana... besides sometimes telling you some funny crap if you use it on someone Eval doesn't do a damn thing other than make your spells stronger which IMO is dumb.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
840 skill pts is not too much.

There is no reason it needs to be higher either. No cap at all or 1200 skill pts or whatever number is ridiculous.

UO was created and intended to have 7 max skills. At the time the max in all skills was 100 pts and every character had 700 total skill pts. That is what the creators of UO intended and implemented.

840 skill pts is 7x120. If that provides for any imbalance or overpowering templates then they tweak them. It's that simple.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I say go for it.

I mean what's the worst that can happen? PVP gets kind of imbalanced? At least they get a few interesting months of figuring out how best to kill each other with their new templates, and the devs can always tweak anything that's too out of control. And in PVM who cares?

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But then it's not UO and it's competing with the same exact games that are out there. There really isn't any difference between WoW and LotR or any of the other MMOs.

UO is different and should remain different. If it becomes just one of the pack, there's nothing to make it stand out from the rest. Warcraft and LotR have the names and properties associated with them. Besides UO, there hasn't been an Ultima game in decades. What would attract a new player if it was the same as the other games?

No, it has to be different and stand out. That's not to say that it can't take some of the more popular elements.
Fair enough, but you then have to accept that UO will not attract new players in any numbers that will make a difference. Its more likely that the downward spiral in player numbers will continue until such a point that it becomes financially unviable and they turn the lights out. Bye bye UO.

The only way to save this game and bring in new players is by going to the F2P model

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, becasuse what UO really needs is to go to a pay-to-win model.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I always thought it was dumb to have to gain a skill like Musicianship when by itself it does absolutely NOTHING. When really I should just be able to work up Provo, Peacing and Discord.

Focus at least regens your mana, Med regens your mana... besides sometimes telling you some funny crap if you use it on someone Eval doesn't do a damn thing other than make your spells stronger which IMO is dumb.
Well dumb or not, the game was designed it, and you can't just consolidate, or remove skills and/or reallocate thier powers to other skills without there being a rebalance, probably a big one. Said rebalance would have you end up at roughly the same power level as well. So, not worth it.

As for Eval, it was given spell power because magery being full force alone was absurdly overpowered, and it was completely dumb to not put magery on every template, as there were no skills within a mile in value for points.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well dumb or not, the game was designed it, and you can't just consolidate, or remove skills and/or reallocate thier powers to other skills without there being a rebalance, probably a big one. Said rebalance would have you end up at roughly the same power level as well. So, not worth it.

As for Eval, it was given spell power because magery being full force alone was absurdly overpowered, and it was completely dumb to not put magery on every template, as there were no skills within a mile in value for points.
Balance will never happen because it's based on personal playstyle.
To me right now the Mage template is massively overpowered since you can have Mage / mystic / Spellweave ect. all in the same temp with little downside.
The game is and has always been rebalancing itself, there has NEVER been a time when it was globally accepted as a balanced game.
I see the recent changes to Melee healing as a nerf, others (mage/tamers) see it as rebalancing so on and on it goes...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I say go for it.

I mean what's the worst that can happen? PVP gets kind of imbalanced? At least they get a few interesting months of figuring out how best to kill each other with their new templates, and the devs can always tweak anything that's too out of control. And in PVM who cares?
They can always tweak what is out of control?

Rigggggght.

Remember factions?

Let's no forget their track record for PVP tweaks and how long it takes them to "fix" things.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
To me right now the Mage template is massively overpowered since you can have Mage / mystic / Spellweave ect. all in the same temp with little downside.
The game is and has always been rebalancing itself, there has NEVER been a time when it was globally accepted as a balanced game.
I see the recent changes to Melee healing as a nerf, others (mage/tamers) see it as rebalancing so on and on it goes...
Lol. You're saying a template is overpowered and you want to give them more skill.

Derp.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Fair enough, but you then have to accept that UO will not attract new players in any numbers that will make a difference. Its more likely that the downward spiral in player numbers will continue until such a point that it becomes financially unviable and they turn the lights out. Bye bye UO.

The only way to save this game and bring in new players is by going to the F2P model
You could do whatever you want to the skill cap, the new players aren't coming.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

id be okay with this including stats
But offhand question, who owns the rights for the Ultima series?

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could do whatever you want to the skill cap, the new players aren't coming.
Of course not. My reply stating the F2P model wasnt a reply in relation to the skill cap, it was a reply to Ossy's post about Uo's positioning in the MMO market.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perfect balance is probably unachievable with any level of reasonable complexity, but that doesn't mean you can't have fairly balanced play, or that you shouldn't strive for balanced play. Honestly, right now actually the game is more balanced than it's ever been.

As for magery being overpowered, I don't think that's anywhere near true. It has excellent utility, but in terms of pvm effectiveness its UNDER powered if anything, even if just among the casting skills. Myst with RC, SW with WoD and Reaper, Necro with control undead and conduit... Magery just has non-effect damage spells and fairly weak summons. Casting in general is the most inferior of general pvm set up being outclassed by bards (maybe), tamers (in most cases), and warriors (pretty much always).

As for the chiv nerf, very few people heal with close wounds, that's not even why people are mad. People are mad because CW and DF reset swing speed. Close wounds was never really a reliable healing method for upper level spawn.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Of course not. My reply stating the F2P model wasnt a reply in relation to the skill cap, it was a reply to Ossy's post about Uo's positioning in the MMO market.
Gotcha.

F2P model would be great but they'd have to do a great deal of work on their store to make this possible.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol. You're saying a template is overpowered and you want to give them more skill.

Derp.
No, what I was saying in that post was that "balance" will never happen so no point using that as a reason no to alter the skill cap.

Derp.....

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id be okay with this including stats
But offhand question, who owns the rights for the Ultima series?
EA owns the rights to the Ultima series and UO.
Broadsword are the "caretakers" if you will of UO. They get a percentage of Subs paid (majority %) to keep UO going.
Items from the Origin shop are purely EA profit and highly unlikely that Broadsword even get a cut from these, which is why they have NO say in what is in the shop or when sales happen. (or when things go wrong, you gotta contact EA not Broadsword)

Basically Ultima Online is in Maintenance mode and EA can pull the plug whenever they like and there is NOTHING anyone can do about it. :(

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA owns the rights to the Ultima series and UO.
Broadsword are the "caretakers" if you will of UO. They get a percentage of Subs paid (majority %) to keep UO going.
How do we even know that Broadsword get a percentage? I certainly wouldnt sign up to do work for a percentage when the level of income was probably only going to go downwards (therefore lowering my earnings) which is certainly the case for UO. Its equally probable that EA have contracted out the running of UO for a set price. i.e. Broadsword (the subcontractor) has a fixed contract to run UO and get a set monthly/yearly amount to do so. Thats just as feasible.

Ossy

Adventurer

I can't really see a F2P model working for UO as it stands right now. What would you pay for? Decorations? Name changes? Access to other facets?

Right now there's nothing really worth paying for on a regular basis.

LotR has the player paying to open up new areas. UO only has 7 (Tram, Fel, Ish, Malas, Ter Mur, Lost Lands, Eodan) areas. A game like LotR has 7 to start with and then twice that (and more added all the time) to pay for to unlock.

Working against UO is that it's skill based and not level based. LotR/WoW when they open up new areas they raise the level cap so there is incentive to have to go to those new areas. UO's new areas are about exploration and gathering new items. You can max out in UO without really ever going to Lost Lands (for example), where in other games you have to go to the new areas to level so you have to pay to unlock them.

I guess that means bringing in new content that people would be willing to pay for. Maybe some Clash of Clans aspect where can pay to have a home in a new land that is a castle that need resources to build and maintain and you can lay siege to enemy castles, work alliances, etc.. Islands that can be attacked?

First step would be to lower the monthly cost of the game. I do think that would involve closing some shards (how that works with housing, I'm not sure) but I do think it probably does need to happen. Less shards = less maintenance = less infrastructure should equal less cost to run the game and less need to bring in monthly.

I do agree that something drastic would need to be done to bring in new players, I just don't think sacrificing what makes UO unique is the right move. Adding to it with popular elements, well enhancing the uniqueness, is probably the right way to go.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm all for a 20 skill increase purchasable through the origin store. Per-character token-based system.

It's not game-breaking.

Ossy

Adventurer

Possibly, so keep it at 720. I don't think having 100 points for a utility skill will make that big a difference overall. Can it for some? Of course.
So then maybe the trade-off is that you can have 720 skills with some being combined to free up spots (Tactics/Anatomy, Eval/Med, Lumberjacking/Mining) and the cap with items is 750, 775, 800; whichever number works best in maintaining balance. So now you can have a maxxed utility skill but the total skill number goes down.

Everything needs a trade-off.

I don't think combining all the melee skills or all the crafting skills makes sense. Taking soulstones (which probably should never have been created, even though I'm going to end up using one) out of the equation, there has to be some sacrifice in skill choices otherwise there's no point in having a cap.

At that point, if take out the sacrifice aspect, just let everyone max out all skills or some version: Can have 3 skills at 120, 3 at 110, 3 at 105, 3 at 100 and the rest can only max at 80 or some variation.

But the easy and quick thing to do is get rid of the useless (even in RP) skills that are no longer used (begging, camping, etc..).

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't really see a F2P model working for UO as it stands right now. What would you pay for? Decorations? Name changes? Access to other facets?
Houses. :p Since you can't really play this game very much without a house, that would probably be it. Aside from that deco, vanity items, access to "premium" skills maybe? It could be done, and not be bad. Of course it would be just like any modern f2p game now a days with a tier of accounts from free to full, so it really wouldn't change anything for people already sub if done right.

Ossy

Adventurer
Houses. :p Since you can't really play this game very much without a house, that would probably be it. Aside from that deco, vanity items, access to "premium" skills maybe? It could be done, and not be bad. Of course it would be just like any modern f2p game now a days with a tier of accounts from free to full, so it really wouldn't change anything for people already sub if done right.
Go back to letting people have multiple houses? I'd probably pay 10-20 for a 2nd house.

Getting rid of the monthly fee, maybe current players would be more willing to buy the packages that are on the UO shop now.
But I think there would need to be something else besides a house for new players to get interested.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possibly, so keep it at 720. I don't think having 100 points for a utility skill will make that big a difference overall. Can it for some? Of course.
So then maybe the trade-off is that you can have 720 skills with some being combined to free up spots (Tactics/Anatomy, Eval/Med, Lumberjacking/Mining) and the cap with items is 750, 775, 800; whichever number works best in maintaining balance. So now you can have a maxxed utility skill but the total skill number goes down.
Most of the functional ones you mentioned combining would lead to imbalanced templates on day one... its not a good idea. It would just require a game wide rebalance, which a) wont happen and b) defeats the purpose of the idea.

I don't think combining all the melee skills or all the crafting skills makes sense. Taking soulstones (which probably should never have been created, even though I'm going to end up using one) out of the equation, there has to be some sacrifice in skill choices otherwise there's no point in having a cap.
Combining like 1/3 of the functional skills is massively reducing the point of a skill cap.

At that point, if take out the sacrifice aspect, just let everyone max out all skills or some version: Can have 3 skills at 120, 3 at 110, 3 at 105, 3 at 100 and the rest can only max at 80 or some variation.
Why? Why is this a better idea that what we have now? It would just lead to less template diversity because everyone has so many functional skill points.

But the easy and quick thing to do is get rid of the useless (even in RP) skills that are no longer used (begging, camping, etc..).
Delete them? No. Why? No point. I think the useless skills should just be given use.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting rid of the monthly fee, maybe current players would be more willing to buy the packages that are on the UO shop now.
But I think there would need to be something else besides a house for new players to get interested.
Well, the free part is what gets them interested. The fact that its pretty dang hard to really play UO without a house would get them subbing. Also limiting crafting skills, or more popular skills like taming or something. That would also work.

Then flood the shop with junk to buy. I've come up with different scenarios before that seem reasonable.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah, becasuse what UO really needs is to go to a pay-to-win model.
Please don't be naïve to think that we don't already have a pay-to-win model. And what I'm advocating would ultimately end up putting more $$$ in Broadsword's pocket. That can't be a bad thing.

Also, this really wouldn't be all that much different than buying a Mythic Token or anything else that helps you boost up. I've suggested adding a paltry 10-20 points to point caps, not 80. Most people get that much extra skill points just by having a ring with skills or a talisman.

Ossy

Adventurer
Most of the functional ones you mentioned combining would lead to imbalanced templates on day one... its not a good idea. It would just require a game wide rebalance, which a) wont happen and b) defeats the purpose of the idea.

Combining like 1/3 of the functional skills is massively reducing the point of a skill cap.

Why? Why is this a better idea that what we have now? It would just lead to less template diversity because everyone has so many functional skill points.

Delete them? No. Why? No point. I think the useless skills should just be given use.
Going point by point:

1. It might be, I don't think it would be. But really only the devs know. If would go the route of combining things like tactics and anatomy, then I would be against raising the skill cap beyond what it is now. I could even be on board with lowering back down to 700. But at the end of the day, would that really accomplish anything?

2. That would be the point, giving people an extra 100 or so skill points to pick up a second skill. This would be in lieu of increasing the skill cap which would probably require more rebalancing if now people could go to 800. I'm trying to look at ways of fixing the skill system without having to raise the skill cap.

3. It's not a good idea. I don't like it. I like the sacrifice aspect of character building. I just threw that in there as a "well, if you're going to raise the cap, why not just do away with it completely"

4. I'd love for them to have some in-game use beyond RP. I think every skill that is in the game should be a viable skill to have, otherwise yeah, just get rid of it and simplify the system.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Eval Increases spell damage you're talking a major balance issue removing the need for it. It acts like tactics to Melee and focus/imbuing to myst. Without the needs for supporting skills you're talking major OP templates in PvM and pvp..at that point prodo shards might as well be test center.

Imagine no support skills being needed
100 Mage no need for 120
120 fencing
100 poisoning
120 ninjitsu
120 Bushido
120 necro
40 alchemy

How's that for OP
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
while it would probably create some laughablely op templates, it sure would freshen up the dull state of templates these days.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Combining any skills is a terrible idea.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. It might be, I don't think it would be. But really only the devs know. If would go the route of combining things like tactics and anatomy, then I would be against raising the skill cap beyond what it is now. I could even be on board with lowering back down to 700. But at the end of the day, would that really accomplish anything?
It would accomplish making people more powerful for sure, which would probably require more powerful monsters. I can guarantee you there would be super templates abusing as many "combo" skills as possible. I see no way it wouldn't amp up the power curve significantly.

Ossy

Adventurer
It would accomplish making people more powerful for sure, which would probably require more powerful monsters. I can guarantee you there would be super templates abusing as many "combo" skills as possible. I see no way it wouldn't amp up the power curve significantly.
By allowing a warrior to have maxxed/close to maxx Chiv/Bushido and now Magery?

I could see that.

Could be fun to throw a couple EVs or Elementals into a fight and than follow them in. Kind of like using a Bio on a free shard.
I was thinking more of like my warrior (swords/tactics/anatomy/chiv/bushido/parrying/healing) where freeing up anatomy I would grab Resisting Spells. That wouldn't significantly overpower or cause things to go out of balance.

The solution would be something that should have been done from the beginning and have opposing skills. Can't have melee and magic. Bring wands back into the game so mages don't need staffs.

That might be a big difficult to implement, but could make things interesting.

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
if u want more skills, put on jewelry. there is also items with skills. there is no need for more skills at this. time. there are more important thing for devs to work on. gimmie gimmie gimmie I want I want I want.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Eval Increases spell damage you're talking a major balance issue removing the need for it. It acts like tactics to Melee and focus/imbuing to myst. Without the needs for supporting skills you're talking major OP templates in PvM and pvp..at that point prodo shards might as well be test center.

Imagine no support skills being needed
100 Mage no need for 120
120 fencing
100 poisoning
120 ninjitsu
120 Bushido
120 necro
40 alchemy

How's that for OP
I don't necessarily thing it ought to be removed.... I'd prefer if it had other abilities than just giving some laughable quotes when used directly. Though Musicianship should be removed. Eval needs to actually "do" something other than just the bonus and silly sayings.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't necessarily thing it ought to be removed.... I'd prefer if it had other abilities than just giving some laughable quotes when used directly. Though Musicianship should be removed. Eval needs to actually "do" something other than just the bonus and silly sayings.
I don't even know what music does but I'm sure it increases your chance for using peace/Provo/disco. It's a support skill. If it did something it wouldn't be a support skill it would be a skill. And what exactly other than being spell damage increase should eval do? Or are we talking about roleplay things to do

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Free-2-Play is very easy to do. Take away the time period on Trial Accounts and leave all the restrictions in place.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Musicianship is also a skill used by carpenters to create instruments.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, youre more than happy with skills of 800+, but you want to get them by slapping jewellery on rather than working g for them . You complete tool.
Not because if they increase the stat cap that 800 turns to 900..did you intentionally walk into the dumb corner? Or are you suggesting hard capped at 800 which would negate any current loot? Continue tho....