• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tiger and Ram

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So I've been working on getting these 2 trained up and while the first round for both I feel I did ok, I'm left wondering what to do for round 2. Resists are done for both. On the tiger I added poisoning and hpr 20. On the ram, I added necromancy.

Here is the current for the ram
. Ram Current.PNG

This planning shows what I am thinking for the next 2 rounds. I'm not totally sold on the necromage idea, but I have that listed which is why there is a -1501 for remaining training points
Ram.PNG

Here is the current stats for the tiger
Tiger Curent.PNG

And here what I'm thinking about doing for his next round
Tiger.PNG

For the tiger, he has grasping claw, bleed in addition to poisoning. What I'm not sure about here is, does he need more mana?

Any thoughts or input would be most helpful

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Considering how fast pets use mana now I'd say yes he needs more mana... but he'll blow through whatever you give it in a few seconds so who's to say

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tigers seem to fall in the faster natural mana regen column with things like Hiryus and Tsuki Wolves. I gave one of mine 500 Mana, 30 MR and 110 med and focus and he has no problem keeping specs flowing after the initial mana dump. On yours I would probably make the STR a even 800 and put the points from that 30 HP into Mana. Tigers are one of the few critters that after filling the basic requirements had plenty of points left over to splurge a bit with.

Rams on the other hand the points just don't go as far :) I would forget the necromage and just go Necro What I learned from rams is if at all possible put 120 focus and med on them and the 30 MR and 1000+ Mana They are going to be dumping necro and spec moves and do not seem to be fast natural mana regen critters so you as much MR from scrolls and the 30 MR as you can get and as large of a mana pool as you can fit. Also I shot for 700 str on mine and went in the 400 HP range with 20 HPR with the life leech, SS, and HPR they have fared very well with lower HP. I built one without scrolling it up in the focus and med, with a 300 or so mana pool and found it to be very unimpressive. Rams unlike the tigers are a hard one to build and end up with effective pet when the training points are all spent. All of the rams have proven to be more effective for my tamers with a melee weapon skill and just don't don't make the best front line tanks for a archer/mage type tamer. There are just better in front of you pets to tank like a Tsuki wolf with necro and life leech (Fast Natural Mana Regen) or a Bushi/Parry Tsuki. But the Ram backing up a fighter tamer is a very effective combo. And even if they are not the most effective of the pets they look cool. Cough they just need to make them rideable which would go a long way in balancing out their short falls.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I had a little time this morning, so I made up a revised plan for the tiger, actually made 2.
This first is based on straight feedback, thanks guys!
Tiger revised 1.PNG

This one is a play on what you posted Tyrath.
Tiger revised.PNG

If I get one more dip "into the cookie jar", the 2nd one might be better as I can run HP out, add scrolls and up base DPS.

When I have more time, I'll see about revising the rams plan. I really wasn't sold on necromage, so I'll strike that from the list and up mana.

Thanks guys! This is helping me, as my UO time is rather limited :(

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a little time this morning, so I made up a revised plan for the tiger, actually made 2.
This first is based on straight feedback, thanks guys!
View attachment 67128

This one is a play on what you posted Tyrath.
View attachment 67127

If I get one more dip "into the cookie jar", the 2nd one might be better as I can run HP out, add scrolls and up base DPS.

When I have more time, I'll see about revising the rams plan. I really wasn't sold on necromage, so I'll strike that from the list and up mana.

Thanks guys! This is helping me, as my UO time is rather limited :(
Either of those would be effective here is the thread I did on Tiger training and how much I was able to pack into one. I think I have a new favorite hunting pet

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I meant to look at that post before I trained my tiger but got so excited that I forgot :(

I logged in real quick and made 2 quick plans for the ram
In the first I upped the HP a bit, which is not what you suggested Tyrath
Ram revised.PNG

The second one, I upped STR a little but I'm thinking maybe adjusting STR down enough to let me cap HPR
Ram revised 1.PNG

Thoughts? BTW, the reason for the 110 med and focus is because that is what I currently have. I'd have to shop to get the 120's