• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thunting upgrade - initial report

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, while everyone else was out trying for the new animal heads or just trying to log in, I got back thunting after the patch. There has indeed been a major upgrade in the loot in the L6 chests. Before hardly anything was worth keeping. Now almost every item is greater magic or lesser artifact. I didn't see a legendary with 1500 luck, but I only did two chests.
Out of those two chests, I kept about 10 items and unraveled 78 relic frags. Nothing amazing, but pretty solid, and it looks like the possibility for some good stuff is definitely there with the right RNG combos.
On an aside note, I got a lot of really good antique items. I think antique items are going to become viable now, despite how quickly they wear out, because we're going to get so many nearly identical pieces ready to replace them.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice. Wish I had a T-hunter now. I always liked to do it, it was just so pointless.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Update: I just got a legendary artifact on the third chest - not worth posting, but showing it's possible in just a short time. This is pretty mind boggling, sifting through all the choices now. There may come a point soon where I'll have so many relic frags I don't even bother with loot just to unravel. Lol, the L6 chests still have those green bags with the old minor artifacts, though.
Q: Has anybody done an L7 chest? If they are a lot better than L6 chests, I might finally buy the High Seas expansion just to do em.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a few lvl 7 maps I've been holding on to. I'll see if I can do a them later today and let ya know how I fair.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is interesting.
But I will hold on my maps until the new Pinco UI is out to return to t-hunting.
No quick loot on t-chests and being unable to zoom the map (which is pathetically tiny on 1080p resolution) makes t-hunting far less fun than it should be.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did just one lvl 7 map. 1 Legendary Artifact and 18 Lesser Artifacts. It was a fel map and I have 1670 luck.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am waiting for all the temp stuff to finish up before I return to business as usual.. and I too am awaiting Pinco's with baited breath! I need it to go taming. I hate using the pet power calculator too slow... I love having all that info from the get go with Pinco's.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when does luck come into the chest
when you dig it up?
when you pick lock?
when you open after picking lock?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For science I did a quick 13 minute stream of digging up a fel lvl 6 map.
Luck suit 1800 luck + 1000 for being in fel.
Total artifacts was about 18-20 (there were a couple I didn't loot)
Total legendary artifacts.. 3

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is good, I enjoyed T-Hunting but the effort wasn't worth the reward. I'm glad to see that the team is really attempting to add value to this great game.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update: I just got a legendary artifact on the third chest - not worth posting, but showing it's possible in just a short time. This is pretty mind boggling, sifting through all the choices now. There may come a point soon where I'll have so many relic frags I don't even bother with loot just to unravel. Lol, the L6 chests still have those green bags with the old minor artifacts, though.
Q: Has anybody done an L7 chest? If they are a lot better than L6 chests, I might finally buy the High Seas expansion just to do em.

Sounds like you also need to buy High Seas for the storage upgrade to hold all those nice items you are getting:

Features:
- New Ship Types
• Gargoyle, Tokuno and Orc Themes
• Row boats
- Ship Weapons
• Multi-step firing system
• 2 new ship ammo types
• Cannon and ammo crafting
- Ship Damage States and improved Ship Repair
- NPC Pirate and Merchant Ships
- Unique Crews and Loot
- Ship Tracking
- Boat Paints
• Add more paint to darken your ship
- 20% House and Bank storage increase
- New ship boarding methods
- Ship Access Control System
- Fishing Updates
• 36 new fish including lobsters
• 16 new buffs
• 3 new fish wall mounts
• New cooking recipes
• Location specific fishing
- Sea Market
• Fish Monger collects rare fish for rewards
• Dockmaster loads/unloads your ship
• Pirate bounty board
• New merchants
- Boat Mouse Control
• Control boats using the mouse
• Can turn, drift, and sail at two speeds
- Boss Encounters
• Scalis
• Corgul the Soulbinder Island Encounter

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/...ownload/addon/ultima-online-high-seas-booster

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
[/QUOTE]
Can you solo L7s like you can L6 maps?
This is interesting.
But I will hold on my maps until the new Pinco UI is out to return to t-hunting.
No quick loot on t-chests and being unable to zoom the map (which is pathetically tiny on 1080p resolution) makes t-hunting far less fun than it should be.
But what if the developers decide the loot is too good and cut it back while you're waiting?
:ohsnap:

Night Shift

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
All maps easy to solo with this template: GM LP/CART/MINING, 120 SW/MYST/FOCUS, somewhere over gm in magery (lots of modified skill points). I have quite a bit of HPR and MR on the suit. All I do is find the treasure, cast an RC and my SW buffs, precast invis and use it when the monsters arrive. Just keep the RC's going and use WoD with harder-to-finish baddies like Ancients and Frosties. I solo all 6's and 7's in 10 min or less. I usually don't loot the whole chest. Just the good stuff. I can see all the items very easily in enhanced client.

Viola!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have with tamer and spellweaving (wod for the kill on frost dragon)
also the frost dragon vs your greater dragon will get to low health and fly away until it heals (it does area cold). a trick to keep it from moving away from your dragon is for you to attack it constantly clicking on it in attack mode (even with bare hands) just keep your distance and that seems to keep the dragon still for your greater to kill.
with spellweaving you can finish him off when he redlines also.

when I solo thunting I find chest/ pick it and go switch out some skills and come back to finish.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
much better loot, thank you! we're having a fine time with treasure chests, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed a drop in the amount of refinement pots in the chests?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So are L7 chests giving significantly better loot than L6 chests, or is it too early to say?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Level 7 chests are definitely soloable with a myst/weaver hunter, but until now I considered them just too much trouble for little reward as the loot was just trash. And Ish level 7 maps are never worth the trouble.
I need to check them again with this new loot.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My T-hunter does them all solo with 120 throw/120mystic/120focus/100 cart/100lockpickng/100 mining/100 tactics/75 chiv I cast an RC and use mass sleep when the chest comes up or if its a bad spot I will just honor myself as the chest comes up.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I did a level 6 fel map just to check. Yeah, loot is better now.
Didn't find a single legendary, but found a hat worth keeping and stuff worth unravelling.

Seems fine this way.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dungeon chests still appear to be a complete waste of time, sadly.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've always soloed L6 chests with a greater dragon - just divide the hard spawn - not too much trouble - could a greater dragon handle frost dragons? (If not, I could bring in the mystic weaver on the second account. I can't stone locks and carto to the mystic weaver, since it's another account). But this all depends whether L7 chest loot is significantly better than L6 loot (?)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't done a L7 yet, but L6 have many more artifacts than L5 ones.

Night Shift

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Level 7 chests are definitely soloable with a myst/weaver hunter, but until now I considered them just too much trouble for little reward as the loot was just trash. And Ish level 7 maps are never worth the trouble.
I need to check them again with this new loot.
Level 7 in Ilsh is the only one I can't solo on my previously mentioned template if one of those pissed off pixies spawns. At that point I just go get my sampire and kill it.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's been so long but where do you hunt for L6 maps? Is Miasama still the thing?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Miasma is still the thing for level 6 maps, yes.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can do level 6s with a melee paladin with no magery or resist spells. I just substitute precasting sacred journey for a rune nearby for invisibility, then walk back toward the chest location, drawing off and soloing each spawn until the initial guardians are gone. The only ones I have difficulty on are the Tokuno ones, because the spawn itself is nasty, plus there are few places where wandering monsters aren't just as dangerous (getting jumped by a bunch of ronin or ninja while you're doing a chest is hard enough with a level 1, let alone a 6)

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soloed a level 7 with 3k luck........ nothing special, 0 legendary items cpl majors not worth looting cpl antiques not worth looting

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soloed a level 7 with 3k luck........ nothing special, 0 legendary items cpl majors not worth looting cpl antiques not worth looting

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know one chest is not scientific, but this sounds like L7 not worth the upgrade and extra trouble over L6, @Goodman

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sounds like you're not even bothering to unravel relic frags anymore? I'm almost at that point myself, with 35 or so new ones every time I do a chest. I have mixed feelings about this. It started off that relic frags were way too hard to get, then fairly hard, then pretty easy, now ridiculously easy. Is this good, or does the math need to be changed on unraveling relics. Maybe I need to start at new thread on this.