• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Throwing Wammy

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my whammy, I don't have DCI, even when fighting Medusa. I just heal through the damage with cursed weapon.

Then again, I don't solo Medusa on my whammy, that is what I use my sampire for.
but u can solo medusa right? on whammy i mean, as effectively as you can on sampire

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but u can solo medusa right? on whammy i mean, as effectively as you can on sampire
I have 2 whammies. An ABC that I removed healing to put necro/ss on and a thrower. They both could solo Medusa, yeah. As effecitvely... hard to say, since I haven't done it.

silent death197831

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a tbc and I can solo everything I have tried (medussa ,any fel champ,corgul, stygian dragon, any mini champ.)

120 throwing
120 bush
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
100 med
80 chiv

suit:
all 70s resist 40 lmc 65 dci 40 hci 10 mr 50 ep 95 di alot of stam increase max hp increase of 25 and mana increase for what ever is left.
I do use the mace n shields for the lower d which does seem to work for me.

146 str with pot
146 hp
150 dex with pot
188 stam
65 intel
92 mana

weapon:
soul glaivin with 30 ssi 50 stam leach 37 mana leach (slayer/superslayer) if reg slayer 35 di if super slayer 25 di.

all my weapons are also resist based for example my dragon slayer is a 100% cold. I do not have to conencrate weapon this way i just AI and LS. after honoring the monster

Honor, Enemy of one, AI till low on mana then I LS. I make sure I have plenty of pots str and dex and purple petals to keep my str and dex up for my battle.
I have found I do not have mana problems at all even with only the 37 mana leach. I do throw at 1.25 and do very well against all monsters . someone also mentioned a 270 hit the highest i have hit is 299 and that was on a corgul. If their is alot of monsters I use momentum strike. in some cases i do have a soul glavin with 30 ssi 50 stam leach 37 mana leach 33 life leach and 40 di. momentum strike in mass amounts of monsters keeps you alive pretty nicely

I am working on a disco version of this template to see if it makes a difference.

I also use this template for pvp and it works great also.

I have a ninja version of this temp that is also very good.

L

longshanks

good thread.

this build is fun to play. i solo rikktor regularly and only really have to curse weapon on the third level. otherwise i'm killing so fast i barely even use bandages.

i got fed up with no slasher drops at 50 times done so i took a break. i'm starting up a second a/c however with the sole purpose of parking a healer down there so i dont have to run to the tree 5 times at the beginning of the fight.

this temp solo's the stygian really easy using the reptile slayer and the teleporters on the left hand side. he goes down in around 20 minutes.

did serrado and he was a joke. same with barracoon.

i prefer a swords char for neira and spider.

i never tried semidar mainly cause im a male.

question on medusa tactics. are you killing the spawn in the room before engaging medusa. also are u using the gorgon lenses and hit and run tactics after?

thanks

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i got fed up with no slasher drops at 50 times done so i took a break. i'm starting up a second a/c however with the sole purpose of parking a healer down there so i dont have to run to the tree 5 times at the beginning of the fight.
Ever try Sacrifice?

question on medusa tactics. are you killing the spawn in the room before engaging medusa. also are u using the gorgon lenses and hit and run tactics after?
thanks
No, I don't clear the room.

Yes, I consider the lenses a must. But I am sure some do her without them.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I consider the lenses a must. But I am sure some do her without them.
I did without lenses a few times without them early on before I found a reliable source of them (I have no personal crafter).

Now I don't know why anyone would go without.

For Medusa, it doesn't really matter if you bring a thrower or a sampire, the results are the same since she has a ranged attack.

L

longshanks

with the new fey slayer cyclone i'm wondering if anyone tried to solo oaks on this temp.

i popped one but couldnt kill the pixie's and wisps fast enough to get to second level.

i used my mystic on first level with level 6 focus and essence of wind,, than brought the whammy in for 2,3,4 which worked well. if the new slayer was a soul glaive it would be godly from the ai standpoint. infused throw is o.k. as it freezes up the mob and keeps it off u.

any thoughts?

thanks.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I soloed Oaks once on a normal ABC archer with a yumi (has to be yumi for double strike - Honor, Double shot, repeat).

It was slow, but I did it.

So my feeling is, it's quite possible.

(Note: this was in Ilshenar)

M

Macrophage999

Most classes will solo oaks in ilshenar. The problem on Fel is the landscape. I was tempted into trying that as well but I didnt do that quest yet. (I was a reluctant because the item is "only" a cyclone). The level 2 is the key if you can break through that level you should go until the end with no troubles. Probably easier on a 4 skull start.

M

Macrophage999

On a side note I ve ditched bushido for resist since momentum strike almost never works and I mostly do spawns so I don't need honor.

N

NoBuddy

How about these templates?

120 Disco
120 Music
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
100 Bushido
70 Anatomy
70 Chiv

or

120 Disco
120 Music
120 Throwing
100 Bushido
100 Necro
90 Tactics
70 Chivalry

N

NoBuddy

As it sits, my template is as such:

120 Throwing
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
100 Anat
100 Necro
90 Heal
70 Chiv

The intent is to be able to swap 120 Bush for 120 Resist, and 100 Necro for 100 Spellweave for PvP purposes. On the PvM side, #1 I already have a sampy, and #2 the idea around thrower is not getting hit, or least as minimally as possible. Any reason I should keep the 100 Necro and not run 100 Spellweave even in PvM. I'm not interested in the 40 Necro / 60 SS whammy right now, don't like being stuck in form and on ground.

Z

Zaterf2003

Can i ask what potions are you using, and is this temp still working for you after the Game Balance Changes were made?

L

longshanks

the temp still works great

i never upped my chiv and now it takes 2 divine fury's to restore my stamina instead of 1. but you pull so much mana it is really not an issue.

i mainly use everything on this guy heals, cures, agilities and strength. also have a trap box macro and apple macro.

keep in mind ur a gargoyle which means u have mystic insight therefore you can get a 62 point healing stone as well.

this char still wrecks every boss in the game.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can just armor ignore constantly, right? Should be just fine with the chiv changes. Just carry some refresh potions.

Y

young

well that is a good spawn temp i have one but the one i do the best with is the atcher samp i can pvm and pvp with the archer samp 120 anat 120 bush 120 archery 120 tac 110 healing 100 necro 40 lmc all 70 resis 182 stam 146 hp 73 mana max dci max hci a good pvp bow and then ur vhamp bows reg slayers mana leech stam leech swing speed and damg and i have solo the stygan dragon with this temp does real good when u learn to use it right

L

lisaandmike

You don't need Bushido for fighting the Slasher so it can be stoned for Healing.

Based on your first post and #59, and assuming you are PVM with Slasher, Stgian Dragon, and navery - Would your template be the same except this change:

First Post
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
70 Chivalry
40 Necro
30 SS (60)

#59 post
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Necro
70 SS
70 Chiv

To become this:

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
0 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Necro
70 SS
70 Chiv
100 Healing
Where would the other points be put into? Resist or Med?
Is the only lost from bushido the LS that everyone talks about? Are there any suit changes you would make if you had no Bushido?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have a tbc and I can solo everything I have tried (medussa ,any fel champ,corgul, stygian dragon, any mini champ.)

120 throwing
120 bush
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
100 med
80 chiv

suit:
all 70s resist 40 lmc 65 dci 40 hci 10 mr 50 ep 95 di alot of stam increase max hp increase of 25 and mana increase for what ever is left.
I do use the mace n shields for the lower d which does seem to work for me.

146 str with pot
146 hp
150 dex with pot
188 stam
65 intel
92 mana

weapon:
soul glaivin with 30 ssi 50 stam leach 37 mana leach (slayer/superslayer) if reg slayer 35 di if super slayer 25 di.
How do you manage to get 65% dci with mace n shield?
Could you post your suit?

JJMcClure

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this thread is a few months old but I have a templete question. If find it very hard for me to stay alive without healing. Now you need to keep in mind im not as good at the game as most people in this thread. Here is the templete i was thinking of

120 Throwing
100 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Necro (for vamp)
90 healing
70 Chiv
60 Spirit Speak (30 from jewels for wraith form and curse weapon)

Does that look doable? I figured I could carry 2 sets of jewels one with ss and one with out and just switch as needed. Or is 30 ss enough? All I have to do is finish working throwing and this temp. is done.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like 60 spirit speak. i believe you get about 18 seconds out of your curse weapon effect. i run lowre necro on mine, enough for wraith form and bump up the bushido and tactics.

still a great template for killing mobs. if you run a second account make that char a sammy who protects. the sammy will tear thru the lower levels faster and than you can tear thru the boss on the whammy.

Selurnoraa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am just looking for a template to kill the basic champions mainly Barracoon however sometimes the others (Meph / Semi / Rikktor / Oaks and Neira)

I have no intention to work the spawn on this character, just to kill the champions what template would you recommend?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am just looking for a template to kill the basic champions mainly Barracoon however sometimes the others (Meph / Semi / Rikktor / Oaks and Neira)

I have no intention to work the spawn on this character, just to kill the champions what template would you recommend?
The throwing wammy is my favorite character to solo slow bosses. It works for Baracoon, Rikktor, Slasher of Veils, Stygian Dragon, and Serrado. I do not like it on fast foes like Semidar, Mephitis, Oaks, or even Navrey (because of her webs). The build is not optimized for a close-in melee slugfest. I use a sampire for that.

Rob

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This seems to be the go to thread for whammy throwers - So I have a few questions (i know this is old post)

With current damage on soul glaives is 60 SS enough?

Should I make suit stone for 55 LMC (or 50 if I use berserker) or plate?

I've had archers, and turned them into other stuff - is this wraith thrower worth making in current game? I don't need a weak, slow motion character - if they are strong and provide a usefulness for champs I want to try one out.

To me it looks like soul glaive and Yumis are similar - so do i just end up w/ an archer who can't ride a horse? Fill me in please.

Looking at original template posted :

120 Throw
120 Tact
120 Bush
120 anat
100 healing
70 chiv
40 necro
30 SS (60 jewels)

45 SSI 181+stam Can I skip DCI?

To sum this up, is whammy thrower still powerful, what material to make suit out of

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
With current damage on soul glaives is 60 SS enough?
Yes.

Should I make suit stone for 55 LMC (or 50 if I use berserker) or plate?
Of course.

I've had archers, and turned them into other stuff - is this wraith thrower worth making in current game? I don't need a weak, slow motion character - if they are strong and provide a usefulness for champs I want to try one out.
I think they've made all weapon base speeds and base damages comparable. So a Soul Glaive is now no different to a Composite Bow other than being one handed. Though being a Gargoyle you also have bonus HCI and MR.

To me it looks like soul glaive and Yumis are similar - so do i just end up w/ an archer who can't ride a horse? Fill me in please.
Why would you need to ride a horse in Wraith Form. In fact needing a horse if you intend to change in and out of Wraith would acutally present the problem of it dying.

120 Throw
120 Tact
120 Bush
120 anat
100 healing
70 chiv
40 necro
30 SS (60 jewels)
I'm currently running:

120 Throwing, Tactics, Anatomy, Bushio, 100 Necro, 70 Spiri Speak, 70 Chiv - using both Vamp Form, Wraith Form, and most other Necro spells.
Also another character:
120 Throwing, 120 Swords, 120 Bushido, 100 Tactics, 100 Anatomy, 100 Necro, 60 Chiv - using area Talwar

& can solo everything on either. (except Exodus and Cora which I've yet to try.)

Can I skip DCI?
Yes, if you're co-ordinated enough and don't lag much on the shard you play.

To sum this up, is whammy thrower still powerful, what material to make suit out of
Yes. Stone.

Throwing advantages over Archery: 1 handed so can use pots, more useful for multiple use of forms due to flying no mount trailing around getting flagged, no ammo, no ammo weight, Gargoyle inherent bonus's.

Archery advantages over Throwing: use of mounts for PvP, higher base damage with Heavy X Bow, joat or elf (or joat imo :p)

I prefer Throwing to Archery for both PvM & PvP.

I'm not 100% sure on this so leaving it as a footnote, but I think it's only possible to do a max swing max stam suit on a human/elf, which would be another pro to Archery over Throwing, but I still prefer Throwing.

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Although I do not run with this setup, I wanted to note that max swing speed on a soul glaive is indeed possible. I have hit the 210 Stam mark on my thrower with 5 10 stam pieces, berserkers breastplate, 40ssi reforged soul glaive and 5stam/ssi on each jewel.

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Ah good to know thanks. For my own purposes I looked at it a week or two ago and decided it wasn't worth rebuilding for the 1 tick.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran

120 Throw
120 Tact
120 Bush
120 anat
100 healing
70 chiv
40 necro
30 SS (60 jewels)

45 SSI 181+stam Can I skip DCI?

You can't upkeep 180 stam so you need 60 SSI.

I think 80 Bush is enough. You can get 20 more to chiv and 20 more to SS or Healing.

You can make a suit with 111+ Stamina. If not then the plate of berserk is ok.

I think 30 HLD is not enough for a wrammy... and with 50 hld on your weapon you can go without M&S and get 55 LMC with the plate of berserks.