• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Throwing Wammy

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I got bored of my Sampire so I made this. So far solo'd Slasher, Rikktor & Serrado (whole spawns and champ). Soul Glaives are like AI'ing with a Crossbow 270 highest damage I've seen with it so far.

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
70 Chivalry
40 Necro
30 SS (60)

119 Str
124 Dex
12 Int

90/80/70/70/75 (Fire & Energy need to be 75 to stay all 70's in Wraith Form, the excess just worked out that way with base resists), 60 DI, 37 LMC, 2 MR, 45 HCI, 30 HLD, 30 SS, 15 SSI, 5 Kinetic Eater, 21 Str, 26 Dex, 20 HP, 32 Stam, 30 Mana, Night Sight

Giving
140 Str/140 HP
150 Dex/182 Stam
12 Int/42 Mana

There's a few drawbacks, Throwing first swing misses bug 95% of the time, though I suppose it gives you time to honor things. Throwing weapons don't swing at what they say they do, they're slightly slower. No JOAT (hence the Necro/SS split - the SS still gives around 20s Curse Weapon). The Bushido is semi redundant but Momentum Strike is proving necessary for levelling spawns quickly. Also carrying a lot of consumables, pots, bandages, trap box, petals, apples, invis pots, teleport scrolls, Wraith Form regs (30), Curse Weapon regs (200), the Slasher took around 100 Pig Iron. The Mana is kinda low and Imbuing Mana Leech on Throwing weapons caps pretty low too, but I wanted max range and speed, when it falls below the AI spam level I've still got LS, so I'm still effectively getting more criticals than if I just used that.

There's a few upsides, no ammo, no need to enhance and possibly break weapons (like you would need to with Archery for the top speed), 1h so you can use pots, can frequently AI non stop. (I've done the Slasher on this with only 108 Throwing/70s Healing.)

S

Stupid Miner

Yep, will kill Stygian pretty easily too.
Not sure if you mentioned, but Chain AI only works on monsters with huge mana pools like Slasher.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I haven't tried Stygian with it yet (although the intention was for it to still be able to do all the stuff my Sampire could), but with ranged counter attack and EQ and no Feint I'm not overly keen to get in there. (Plus I got me and my friend's books already so not much need.)

I was expecting the same, with the mana, but for some reason its been full most of the time even on things that are out of mana quickly, like Navrey/Barracoon.

If criticals are 1 in 5, I would say with this I can AI and LS and get effectively 1 in 1.5. (Obviously you can't do half a swing, I just mean its not as good as 1 in 1 being every hit, but its not as bad as 1 in 2 either.) Even when I don't have enough for AI I can LS, and well, maybe I'm just being lucky with the criticals. I know what you're saying about the mana but it does seem to be doing better than it should.

S

Stupid Miner

Yep, alternating LS and AI is good for conserving mana. Depending on your swing speed, AI, LS, LS, AI, etc. would prevent double mana AIs and help keep the monster's mana up.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
What's your suit look like? Afraid I've only made mage suits for gargoyles so far.

Sounds like an awesome template. Can't wait to give this one a try. Your expertise is greatly appreciated!

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With wraith form ive had one issue I dont like...moving speed...you cant solo a paragon moving monster cause it will outrun you and kick your arse.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

What's your suit look like?
Head: Altered Mace & Shields, 25/10/10/10/10, 10 str 5 dex, 30 hld
Neck: Imbued Necklace, 5/15/9/5/15, 8 lmc, 8 mana, 8 stam
Torso: Breastplate Of The Berserker, 18/16/5/11/5, 15 di, 4 lmc, 10 ssi, 5 hp, 3 stam regen
Legs: Imbued Gargish Valorite Plate, 13/15/13/14/13, 8 lmc, 8 mana, 8 stam, 5 hp
Arms: Imbued Gargish Valorite Plate, 13/11/15/16/12, 8 lmc, 8 mana, 8 stam, night sight
Kilt: Imbued Gargish Valorite Plate, 16/13/18/14/20, 8 lmc, 6 mana, 8 stam
Talisman: Trinket/Primer, 20 di, 10 hci, 1 str, 2 hpr
Wings: Altered (Bless first! You can't after.) Rangers Cloak Of Augmentation, 1 lmc, 5 ssi, 5 kinetic eater
Ring: Imbued, 13 di, 15 hci, 8 dex, 5 str, 15 spirit speak
Brace: Imbued, 12 di, 15 hci, 8 dex, 5 str, 15 spirit speak
Apron: Altered Crimson, 5 dex, 10 hp, 2 hpr
Racial: 2 mr, 5 hci

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Very nice. Thanks for doing that. Though, I now regret selling that breastplate . . . o_O

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I built this same toon with Lord God's advice except I used verite instead of valorite. It is very nice. However, I am a little concerned about the reports of HLD not working on garg altered Mace & Shield Glasses.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

However, I am a little concerned about the reports of HLD not working on garg altered Mace & Shield Glasses.
I can't say I am. While it would be nice if it was working it doesn't seem make any difference to what you can kill with it, which so far seems to be everything.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't say I am. While it would be nice if it was working it doesn't seem make any difference to what you can kill with it, which so far seems to be everything.
Well, I was referring more to the fact that I spent 8M gp on those glasses specifically for the HLD. If it isn't working then I might have used a different piece for the earring slot. And then saved those for a human or elf build. Now that they are altered there is no going back.

-OBSIDIAN-

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I was referring more to the fact that I spent 8M gp on those glasses specifically for the HLD. If it isn't working then I might have used a different piece for the earring slot. And then saved those for a human or elf build. Now that they are altered there is no going back.

-OBSIDIAN-
Might still fix it.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Might still fix it.
I am sure the devs will fix it... it is just a matter of time. I submitted a bug report and I suspect others have as well. Some have been quite vocal about this issue on the UHaul forum.

If I get a chance, I will ask about this at the UO Town Hall next week. :)

-OBSIDIAN-

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a similar build for this and was trying to solo madussa. I found out that you cannot put gorgon lenses on any crafted items. So my question is if the glasses are converted to earings can you place gorgon lenses on them??

I dont want to waste the money on it if it will not work.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your friggin' crazy Lord God for some of these templates your running. Very creative! Where are you coming up with this stuff? My hats off to you...

Definitively groundbreaking templates.

One day I'll have to give them a whirl.

How long are some of these battles taking? Slasher?Serrado? Rikktor?

Somehow I doubt I have the patience you have.:popcorn:

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

if the glasses are converted to earings can you place gorgon lenses on them??

I dont want to waste the money on it if it will not work.
They are still glasses when converted, but I don't know whether you can put lenses on them or not.

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would there be any advantages or disadvantages of also using a shield with this template such as the Sign of Chaos for Soul Charge, besides not being able to use pots?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
You really don't want to use a shield with a throwing weapon. Add a shield, your throwing hit chance plummets. You wouldn't be able to hit anything.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this template has me pretty intrigued. One thing that bothers me... 182 stamina.. need 180 to swing a glaive at 1.5s(can't even cap it) and the second you lose 3 stam, ur swinging it at 1.75s, right?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

this template has me pretty intrigued. One thing that bothers me... 182 stamina.. need 180 to swing a glaive at 1.5s(can't even cap it) and the second you lose 3 stam, ur swinging it at 1.75s, right?
Falling down a Stamina bracket will take a tick (0.25) off of any template's weapon speed. Sometimes (but not often) SSI will let weapons of a certain speed still be ok at the next Stamina interval down.

Also, as I said in the first post, Throwing doesn't currently swing at what it is supposed to, so it would possibly be slower than 1.75s.

With Stamina Regen, Stamina Leech and always having a hand free for pots it isn't an issue. It isn't as dependant on hitting to stay alive as a melee sampire/wammy.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Depends what its for but basically the usual stuff...

40 DI, 30 SSI, Mana Leech, Slayer/Super Slayer, Stamina Leech/Hit Area.

For Slasher I have Stamina Leech but a Champ Spawn or event weapons I have Hit Area.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for sharing with us that well documented information. I would have a question: Do I need to enhance after imbuing to craft such an armor?
Thank you by advance.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Thank you for sharing with us that well documented information. I would have a question: Do I need to enhance after imbuing to craft such an armor?
Thank you by advance.
No, it is crafted in Valorite to start with then Imbued, different armor types can give different total resists, base resists and Imbue caps.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one nice thing about this template is,its very robust, at least against slow moving things like slasher and stygian dragon. The other nice thing is, you can replace healing with parry and throwing with a melee skill , adjust jewelry a bit and you get a very nice melee wammy.
For my current suit i used only stuff i already had, Breastplate of the berserker, Void infused kilt, Conjurers trinket, Shroud of the Condemned and Wardens Armor. Other pieces imbued (barbed leather and regular earrings/necklace) .

What i found very helpful is max lmc and being able to keep dex above 140 and as many hitpoints as possible while cursed by slasher . So 50 EP then. Also as much hci as possible and hld as well. Dci is helpful if you get near him, but not really neccesary.
Didnt bother with 180 stam,you simply cannot keep them at slasher. Some skills also at lower or different levels.
I do not know what Lord God does,i made my suit just protection proof, carry some scrolls to recast it and run in prot all the time.
150 Stam and 25 ssi give a Soulglaive 2s swing speed, i would bet this is enough ( with some buffer) to do slasher and stygian dragon. Will take a bit longer,but will suffice.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it is crafted in Valorite to start with then Imbued, different armor types can give different total resists, base resists and Imbue caps.
Ah OK thank you, I ll have to work that out. By the way I am told that I could be adding a robe to that suit you re suggesting, I think a shroud of the condemned will be neat!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I don't use Protection on this build at all.

Yep, I'm robe free, I wanted a certain look.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Firstly, thanks for sharing your wisdom!! :thumbup1:

Wow, 5 mins only for Rikktor? That beast has tons of hp?! Ehm, I have a question abt that though, he also has this earthquake attack for a large area, and you mentioned prefering max range, but for throwing weapons that means a damage reduction penalty? 47% penalty sounds quite heavy, do you accept the penalty or the EQ hitting you?

And a question abt Slasher, he often freezes one completely, doesn't that spell certain death if solo-ing it? :confused:

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly, thanks for sharing your wisdom!! :thumbup1:

Wow, 5 mins only for Rikktor? That beast has tons of hp?! Ehm, I have a question abt that though, he also has this earthquake attack for a large area, and you mentioned prefering max range, but for throwing weapons that means a damage reduction penalty? 47% penalty sounds quite heavy, do you accept the penalty or the EQ hitting you?

And a question abt Slasher, he often freezes one completely, doesn't that spell certain death if solo-ing it? :confused:
I am on the last step of that character (suit done, even better than lord God's, and skills over 115). Also, my wep is 80cold/20energy, the 2 glaives with good mods I had done have broken at enhance....
Rikky is not 5 minutes for me but not much longer. AI is 260 on him so if you can chain it, you can imagine how hard it is... I am more concerned by the lowest level of the spawn where you need to deliver 2 hit on a target since every first hit is a miss...

About the damage penalty, as far as I know, it s theoritical only. In practice, I do same damage at melee range or at max range, though it seems hit chance is slightly smaller at melee range.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Actually Rikktor is one of the lowest HP.

The damage reduction is no longer that high. I'm usually moving when the EQ goes off so I'm not swinging anyway. So I neither get hit or take the penalty. It is very easy to tell when it is about to do it so it only takes a moment to move out of range and back again.

No, the template has other means of healing (Bandages/pots) that are not dependant on leeching.

U

uralin

Is there any more updates on this temp. Can someone with only 705 or 710 points make it work and has anyone tried to kill night eye with this temp. I am making one right now and just wanted to know my account is only 14 months old since i lost the password from my account that was made in 1998 to 2001 but ooo well......:stretcher:

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Is there any more updates on this temp. Can someone with only 705 or 710 points make it work and has anyone tried to kill night eye with this temp.
Yes, just have to skim the points out of other skills or put more on jewelry.

Yes it can kill Navrey.

U

uralin

I took my tamer to night eye last night i stood there heal vet pet rinse and repeat well it took so long might help if i had a slayer spell book for the spider.
but most of the dmg is from the dragon but it took me over 30min a kill and i still have never got a good drop from her the rng gods hate me!!!!!

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drop rate for tangle is very low, i did several hundred navreys using 4 different chars with group or solo to get 1 tangle out of it.
Lately i did need a crimmie for my throwing whammy, it dropped after killing less then 20 dreadhorn.

U

uralin

Yea well i have never been able to solo any of the bigger stuff that has a chance to drop the fun stuff so i have to try and farm the FOTM item and sell it lol.

What is the skill cap for a 14 month account is it 705 or 710

U

uralin

ok maybe i am doing something wrong but i have 115+ throwing 106 anat 75 tact and killing stuff is really hard 40SS is there a pattern you are using or is it my armor and wep that just suck so bad i am a garg and dont have a crafter on this server so i need to make friends and farm some mats to have some good armor made anyone know what is needed so i can start farming for imbuing mats. :gee:

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be interesting to know what kind of weapon you are using because the boomerang is in my opinion close to useless...

U

uralin

is there any way someone on atl can help me out or post some cheap ways i can get the armor that will help me out i do not have alot of gold.

i have a bunch of tok event items i can trade for help like dyes and stuff like that anyone please help this is the first time i have really asked been playing long time but dont ask for help alot

J

Joxter

Well I have just about finished building my throwing wammy, ive not had much time to play him yet though. Just a few fire demons for the claws so far.

I think i may have a problem with the build though, I only have 164sta and 35 SSI which leaves me with a swing speed on the glaives of 2s. Is this crippling? Do I need 180 sta, I can get to 180 sta but it would be at the expense of other stats such as LMC (which is currently at cap).

How important is DCI to this build, I have only 28 at the moment, could I drop this?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I think i may have a problem with the build though, I only have 164sta and 35 SSI which leaves me with a swing speed on the glaives of 2s. Is this crippling?
No, currently it is not possible to swing any Throwing weapon faster than 1.75s.

Do I need 180 sta
No. 150 and 40 SSI reaches 1.75s.

How important is DCI to this build, I have only 28 at the moment, could I drop this?
It isn't, I have 0, yes.

J

Joxter

No, currently it is not possible to swing any Throwing weapon faster than 1.75s..
Are you sure about this? From what I have seen during my training on slimes boomerangs swing a LOT faster than glaives. This is with enough of the relevant stats to get boomerangs to 1.25 and the glaives at 2.

Still, I hope you are right, in which case all i really need is a few more daemon claws for my slayer and I can have a bash at soloing the slasher. :)

U

uralin

So is there any one on alt that can help me build a armor set for my thrower?
If you let me know what i need to get i will get the supply's.
Also is there a good way to train anat and healing it is going very slow for me.

Thank you in advance

If anyone needs anything....
Tamer - slipper
Thrower - emmie
Myst\mage\necro - spoof
Fighter - uralin

just hit me up in game i am always willing to help out......

J

Joxter

Anat and healing can be skilled up in the lazy manner through use of lich form and a repeating heal self macro.

Lich form drains health and the macro, with a suitable delay, heals it up.

Boring but good training for film watching, alt-tabbing etc

M

Mirrof

Im thinking of trying your template here but what do you think of replacing healing with SS? Reason im asking is I already have 110 SS.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe, everyone trying to reinvent the wheel. This template is awesome played just like LG says. In fact, the only problem with the template is that it is so awesome as a solo template that when you use it in a group, its overkill.

Funny thing is, I usually hunt with one other guy, he brings a chiv archer and I bring the throwing wammy. We own the slasher quick. The other day we invited more people along and it actually took longer then when its the two of us.

Think the slasher scales based on how many people are attacking it? It really seemed like he was doing more freezes and such with more people there.