• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Throwing Tamer??

Aquarius88

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello,
is there a good template for a throwing tamer for pvm?

Hopefully u can help me out.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Without Magery or Mysticism your ability to throw over agro from yourself to your pet is not very good.
A Thrower usually does well against one monster even without a pet.
A pet doesn't help you to kill large groups significantly faster.

You can try:
120 Throwing
120 Tacitcs
95 Chivalry
80 Bushido
110 Taming
110 Lore
100 Veterinary

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Never tried a thrower tamer but have ran an archer tamer for a while. I found having Anat was kinda crucial to the build. May want to consider swapping the Bush for Anat. Very high skill point char for me though.. 822 points

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Assuming the Tactics change makes it through you could run:

110 Tame
110 Lore
100 Vet
120 Magery
120 Chivalry
60 Necro
100 SS

Use a Mage Weapon, Slayer, Soul Glaive in Wraith Form to AI, you can Invis/Heal pet at range if needed. You could even forego the Vet really depending on which pet combinations you use and gain extra damage from Tactics. Or go 90 Tactics/70 Necro and jewel up to 100 Necro so you can Wither too.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you're looking for something a bit more tanky, but still have a constant ranged attacking ability that doesn't require much casting... you can try a Mystic Thrower to cast RCs. Only would need Mystic/Focus and atleast Focus is compatible with being a "dexxer" a bit more than the three taming skills of Taming, Lore and Vet.

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use a Mage Weapon, Slayer, Soul Glaive in Wraith Form to AI,
Wait, can we use a mage weapon and get access to the speicals? For some reason I thought you needed real skill + tactics to access the special moves.

Thanks!
Frederick
Leoric of Ironwood

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Wait, can we use a mage weapon and get access to the speicals? For some reason I thought you needed real skill + tactics to access the special moves.

Thanks!
Frederick
Leoric of Ironwood

You do, that post was from 2014. I think you currently need 90 weapon skill, 60 Tactics for specials, but you can still do that with a Mage Weapon if there were room on the template. It's not viable for this but there are situations where it might be.

Fwoosh

Visitor
You can not use Mage Weapon to use specials. Nor can you use Mysticism's Enchant spell. You need to have real weapon skill and tactics in order to use special attacks.