• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Three Slot Dragon! 12yrs old

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can go to Destard and tame one right now. Also all of them will jump to 4 slots when you push the blue button.

paul

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Dragons tamed in Destard are 4 slots nowerdays. So you be very hard pushed to find and tame a 3 slot one.
so it’s the rare factor and if they do fix the dragons so you can train them properly it will be worth even more.

Attachments

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they fix them ,the ones in Destard would go to 3 also.

paul

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Lol funny! That’s absolutely not true. Bit of a wild statement, just admit maybe you are wrong? UO patch changed dragons purposely to 4 slot as it says clearly on the picture I posted. there is no reason at all they would change them to 3 slot lol. They actually changed them to 4 slot for a reason and in pre empt for the animal training to work with them, however it’s not for some reason working with dragons, I believe because of changes made when they tried to deleted peoples illegal dragons from what I read. It will more than likely be fixed at some point. For this when they do get around to fixing the issue my dragon will be able to be trained 2 slot lvls and not just the 1 slot lvl like the ones in destard.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
When TC comes back up copy the Char with the dragon over to TC and start training it and you will see it go from a 3 to a 4 sadly

paul

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I dont need to, fact is mine is a 3 slot dragon quite obviously and that’s all I’m selling it as, and you can’t get that in Destard like was stated. That’s why it’s not the same as any other dragon you can take today. I’m not interested in testing training I’m aware until the bug is fixed your right it would go to a 4 slot! Like the one is Destard currently. Once they fix that bug it won’t go to a 4 slot when I press that blue button, because it’s pre patch, it will stay as 3 slot and have 2 lvls of gaining. I was just one of the random guys who had one in my stable lingering.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
I dont need to, fact is mine is a 3 slot dragon quite obviously and that’s all I’m selling it as, and you can’t get that in Destard like was stated. That’s why it’s not the same as any other dragon you can take today. I’m not interested in testing training I’m aware until the bug is fixed your right it would go to a 4 slot! Like the one is Destard currently. Once they fix that bug it won’t go to a 4 slot when I press that blue button, because it’s pre patch, it will stay as 3 slot and have 2 lvls of gaining. I was just one of the random guys who had one in my stable lingering.
It is a 3 slot now but the min. the buyer starts training it they will lose a slot because it will jump to 4, FACT. The only thing you have on your Dragon is the added Str. now is that enough for the buyer who knows. Them jumping from 3 to 4 may be a direct result of the fix they put in for some of the overcapped pets and I would not hold my breath on hoping they revert it for the PP Dragons.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
EDIT: Moderator removed
What? Not every tamer plays like you.
I buy pets that are legacy , oddities or plain rare.
Dont need to train them, infact 99% of my pets are untrained or prepped to be trained.

ILots of pets come to mind that I've collected. Blaze cus, Ratman WW, easter bunnies, IGM event sheep , banes, 3 slot dragons (trained, untrained and prepped for training such as 4 slot but with 1501 points to assign), 4 slot high-intensity turtles (untrained).

People can speculate all the want too, sometimes Broadsword has unnerfed or changed systems making old legacy items really nice.
It's all about holding onto different variations of stuff - that's what made some people really rich.

Last edited by a moderator:

paul

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
What? Not every tamer plays like you.
I buy pets that are legacy , oddities or plain rare.
Dont need to train them, infact 99% of my pets are untrained or prepped to be trained.

ILots of pets come to mind that I've collected. Blaze cus, Ratman WW, easter bunnies, IGM event sheep , banes, 3 slot dragons (trained, untrained and prepped for training such as 4 slot but with 1501 points to assign), 4 slot high-intensity turtles (untrained).

People can speculate all the want too, sometimes Broadsword has unnerfed or changed systems making old legacy items really nice.
It's all about holding onto different variations of stuff - that's what made some people really rich.
Well said

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well said
I've outlined my testing on 3 slot dragons in another post.
Different states of training / slot jumping and what still works. (essentially only pets left at 4->5 or 5->5 with <=1501 points ready to go).

If you update your initial post, you might want to mention that these untrained 3 slot dragons are just eyecandy and rare for now. It's still a nice one for a tamer who likes to collect and speculate of future changes.

Most people kept greater dragons, the dragons werent really meta back then. It was WW or GD's that were the best pets. So not sure how many old legacy dragons survived, I snagged up most auctions a few years ago and got them prepped before the anti-exploit slot jump nerf were implemented.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I did some thread clean up here.

I think enough information has been shared about the risk of buying a 3-slot dragon and what will happen if someone attempts to train it. The seller has every right to still sell it and represent it as a 3-slot dragon to any potential buyer, as long as they know the risks which I believe are sufficiently covered. There is no need to squabble and belabor the issue to the point of personal insults. Please dial back the tone a bit and make note of the Stratics Rules of Conduct that can be found here: Rules of Conduct | Stratics Community Forums

Traleah

Visitor
You can go to Destard and tame one right now. Also all of them will jump to 4 slots when you push the blue button.
Unfortunately, I did recently push the blue button on my old 3 slot dragon - it did move immediately to 4 slots. I thought this was considered slot-jumping, and I thought that had been corrected. As I had copied myself to test center several weeks ago, I was able to pull my copied pet out to double check the stats. Dragon copied in TC - 3 slots and same stats as my now-four-slot dragon in live. Sad...:(