• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Threads of life and thought quests

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have recently acquired a couple of cloaks of corruption and want to turn them into a cloak of life and a cloak of power. In order to do this uoguide tells me I need ten threads of life and ten threads of thought. It also says that the quest giver to gather these is near the moon gate in new magincia. I have checked both tram and fel and cannot locate him. Can anyone please tell me how to begin the threads of life and threads of thought quests or how to acquire thread of thought or thread of life. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The threads no longer spawn. They were obtainable from ghosts that inhabited the ruins of old Magincia, during this time frame: http://www.uoguide.com/Publish_59. The ghosts vanished prior to the establishment of New Magincia.

The only way to obtain the threads is from another player. The robed strangers are still present to convert the robes (locations given in UO Guide link). If you are on LS, I might have some for trade.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, I'm on pacific. Guess I'll just hang onto the robes of corruption and hope they show up in game again. Thx tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
just a note that the cloaks and threads are worth more now if you don't convert them. You'd be better off selling whichever bits you have and buying the finished cloak you want.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try posting on the Pacific Trade Forum or asking in chat.

You can get equivalent property items from the Blackthorn Artifacts: http://uo2.stratics.com/items/blackthorn-artifacts

Stayin Alive,

BG
Honestly, I would rather do a quest to get the parts I need to make the cloak rather than spend hours on end grinding in a dungeon, especially when I have to fight AFK hidden tamers for spawn...btw, this new dungeon=worst idea ever.