• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Threads- Is This It Draconi?

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Connor_Graham

Are the upcoming quests going to be the only use for the Threads of Life and Fate that we got from Moonglow?

I sure hope so. Many people spent an enormous amount of time over the month or so Moonglow was going on collecting these threads, thinking there was going to be some use for them in the future in some kind of combination with the Cloaks we got there also. I'd hate to think that all of the time and resources spent on hunting there were all for only a need of 60 or 70 of each, both of which are obtainable now from the new creatures that are dropping them. The time spent in Moonglow on Thread hunting could have been spent on getting more swords and shields, not to mention the lockdowns and bank secures that have been taken up for months now waiting on some use for these things.

So Draconi, is this it, or will they be used for something else in the near future?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The time spent in Moonglow on Thread hunting could have been spent on getting more swords and shields, not to mention the lockdowns and bank secures that have been taken up for months now waiting on some use for these things.

So Draconi, is this it, or will they be used for something else in the near future?
If you think about it the swords and sheilds are useless and were only worth 100pts? The threads are a collecters item BUT if you think about it you dont have to spend all that time and resources for a month in Mag on the event now. You have already completed the quests and dont need to do it all over again. So I think it is a fair trade when you think about time spent. Now you can focus more on the Yew quest and figure that out.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The threads we collected in Moonglow have been augmented with an additional type and are available again according to the publish notes. So if we aren't there yet Ive got a feeling we are really really close.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the upcoming quests going to be the only use for the Threads of Life and Fate that we got from Moonglow?

I sure hope so. Many people spent an enormous amount of time over the month or so Moonglow was going on collecting these threads, thinking there was going to be some use for them in the future in some kind of combination with the Cloaks we got there also. I'd hate to think that all of the time and resources spent on hunting there were all for only a need of 60 or 70 of each, both of which are obtainable now from the new creatures that are dropping them. The time spent in Moonglow on Thread hunting could have been spent on getting more swords and shields, not to mention the lockdowns and bank secures that have been taken up for months now waiting on some use for these things.

The method of getting them off of ghosts in Magincia is there to let people who never had a chance to get them to obtain them, since yes, the cloaks will be enhanceable with them in the future.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The method of getting them off of ghosts in Magincia is there to let people who never had a chance to get them to obtain them, since yes, the cloaks will be enhanceable with them in the future.
Good deal because I was one of those players despite having spent much time in the rift in moonglow not one time did I receive a thread of any kind and it was baffling to me.

Sorry Connor but I'm okay with this because I think something funky was going on with the UOKR client not showing the threads on the corpses. Either that or I'm one unlucky fella but I'm personally happy about getting another crack to come up with at least one thread.

C

Connor_Graham

This is heartening to hear. Thanks for the info Drac!

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool... I'm guessing then that more cloaks will be available too then? I missed most of the moonglow event. Weren't they on shadowlords? Obviously there will be more of those.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for answering the cloak question. I will keep them longer.

Will 'thought" threads" be needed or will old ones of fate and life be enough?

Hopes for answer. :)

5% Luck

It seems obvious to me that life is hp regn thought is MR and fate is stmr

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or not but no matter how many corrupted souls I kill I can't get a thread of fate. I have killed way over 50 and not one thread. I am not having any trouble on getting the other threads just the thread of fate. :yell:

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems obvious to me that life is hp regn thought is MR and fate is stmr
That would be sweet.

I was not able to get any threads myself, but someone gave me his. I was shocked to see the bag looked empty!! *grumbles KR*

C

cheerful

Damn, 350 threads and only one cloak. Was it mentioned that there would be more cloaks dropping?

Haddy G

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks, I got zero threads since I was away at the time. Of course I have no cloaks so not sure what good they will do me :)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The cloaks look rather nice while moving on a mount. I would love to add MR to them since my crafters wear them.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the threads will be used to enhance the cloaks? *head explody*
(that's quite awesome!)
CLEANUP ON POST NUMBER 6!!!

That's great news (the cloaks being enhanceable, not Nine's head exploding). Now I must know what they're going to be like after the enhancement.

L

Lord Kynd

yay !!!
your alive still !!!:bowdown:

S

Sarphus

That's great!

D

Deb

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or not but no matter how many corrupted souls I kill I can't get a thread of fate. I have killed way over 50 and not one thread. I am not having any trouble on getting the other threads just the thread of fate. :yell:
Same here killed over 75 and nada... the other threads no problem.
Now I just need to work SS and necromancy on my home shard in
order to get the other threads:sad4:

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here killed over 75 and nada... the other threads no problem.
Now I just need to work SS and necromancy on my home shard in
order to get the other threads:sad4:
I have the same problem with my tamer w pet, mage w direct spell, mage w summons and archer. Got nothing after 30+ kills. Wife got 1 after 40 kills. So it's a 1 in 40 chance. If you combine both our efforts, it's 1 in 70.

I tried it with a melee'r and got about 1 in 10.

Wife says she might have smacked that corrupted soul with her boomstick when she got that 1 thread, so it might be that it drops only when you deal direct damage. My archer probably wasn't doing enough damage, or just bad RNG streak.