• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thread Title...Wow, so far the Beta is pretty Awesome. Can't wait for the release of the full game!

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far, all I can say is "Awesome!" Fortunately, I have not experienced any problems. I was able to log in around 2ish east coast time and played till about 4:30. Logged off and was able to log right back in around 6pm for about 20 min. logged out and logged back in@8pm till 11:10. I have been bouncing around between story quests and PVP--I find both enjoyable and again have not had any technical problems.​

B

Bella

So far, all I can say is "Awesome!" Fortunately, I have not experienced any problems. I was able to log in around 2ish east coast time and played till about 4:30. Logged off and was able to log right back in around 6pm for about 20 min. logged out and logged back in@8pm till 11:10. I have been bouncing around between story quests and PVP--I find both enjoyable and again have not had any technical problems.
My time in GW2 was fantastic! If I had one real complaint I'd have to say it ended too soon.

The world was/is alive with adventure and there are things and events happening around every corner. From character creation/customization to world exploration - there was something to keep me busy the whole weekend. I never got tired of fighting centaurs or brigands and wish I could go back for more! It was simply the best time I've had in an MMO in such a long time.

I had no problems with lag whatsoever. My hubby and I were partied up and the only problem we had was when the server was full and we both got sent to different overflow servers but guess what? There was plenty to do just the same and it gave each of us some "alone" time to explore the world at each our own pace. A-Net is working on fixing it so parties get dropped in the same overflow server so that should be fixed by launch if not by the next BWE.

I created a human, norn and charr and tried out the mesmer, thief, necromancer and elementalist professions and was surprised by how much I loved the elementalist - previously my last choice of the four. Amazing effects, amazing graphics and a truly amazing world with even the littlest of details added.

All in all, a truly amazing time for a beta version of the game.

Bella

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Can not agree more Bella....I had so much fun! I was lucky to not experience any of the lag or any other technical issues. I tried to find things wrong and even tried to go places that may get me stuck or crash the came--but I was not able to. I made a Ranger, Necromancer, Fighter, and Guardian and used the three races that we could use. I would have liked to see the intro quest drawn out a little more so you can get used to the mechanics and character before you battle the Boss, but I still had fun. While I was impressed with all the Professions, I enjoyed the Guardian the most as it reminded me of playing an old D&D Cleric.

Next Beta I plan to do more with PvP, WvWvW, and Crafting:) Overall, I was very impressed with the Beta and if they make improvements based on the feedback they get--the game can only get better than it already is!

B

Bella

I should clarify that there is an amazing assortment of critters to fight. I rolled 2 humans & 2 norns. I did try a charr but didn't care for their look & immediately rerolled it to a human. Since I wanted to play along side my hubby, I promptly took one of my norns to Queensdale where he was - after the tutorial of course, and the second norn was brought to Queensdale after working her home area quests. Because of this, I played through the human starting area four times and thus my reason for loving centaur & brigand butt-kicking!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Played a human archer, a human guardian, and a human elementalist.

Archer was for WvWvW mostly.

Guardian I did PvE and PvP. I used the Guardian mostly for the Conquest pvp part.

Elementalist pure PvE.

Greatest expeinece in gaming I ever had. The game just went smooth and not to hard but not to easy. Meaning the game was not overly difficult but not to easy to bore you. Personal story was nice. Dynamic events was fun. WvWvW was totally epic. I did not focus on crafting since time was limted but the next beta weekend I am going to try to focus a day on it.