• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thread of Life/Fate From Moonglow Now Threads of Thought?

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
C

Connor_Graham

I just went to grab 10 of each of the many Threads of Life & Fate that I have only to discover that a VERY large number of my threads obtained in Moonglow had been turned into Threads of Thought.

What's up with this Draconi and how many Threads of Life & Fate have now been turned into Thought that I now have to replace so I have enough for the future use of them? Heck, even the graphics for these things have changed.

Edit- After going through the various containers I had these stored in, it looks like I've lost almost all of my Threads of Fate which appear to have all been turned into Threads of Thought. It also appears that quite a few of my Threads of Life were similarly swtiched.

This is NOT the way to start an event out.

K

K'torr

Thanks for the heads up on this. I had 107 Threads of Life from Moonglow.
I now have 50 Threads of Life and 57 Threads of Thought. At least now I
don't have to run the PK gauntlet trying to get Threads of Thought.

And my 54 Threads of Fate.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the heads up on this. I had 107 Threads of Life from Moonglow.
I now have 50 Threads of Life and 57 Threads of Thought. At least now I
don't have to run the PK gauntlet trying to get Threads of Thought.

And my 54 Threads of Fate.

same thing happened to me

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To easy go to magainca and help rebuild it by clearing the spawn out, you will get more.
Necro SS and good fighting is all you need...

Just use the ones you got up, you might try trading, I know on sonoma that seems to go well.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is a bit disturbing. I havent had the chance to log in (at work) But i had 2 of each on lake Superior. Now I'm worried that I will have 1 of each and 2 Threads of thought....was this intended or accidental?

C

Connor_Graham

To easy go to magainca and help rebuild it by clearing the spawn out, you will get more.
Necro SS and good fighting is all you need...

Just use the ones you got up, you might try trading, I know on sonoma that seems to go well.
Easy until you consider that I had HUNDREDS of Threads. It would take days upon days to recover what I had. I would much rather have just had to get enough Threads of Thought to fulfill the quest requirements than end up losing HUNDREDS of Threads that I spent WEEKS gathering.

This is pretty F'd up if you ask me.

E

eccentricjules

This is just a guess…. But they mentioned these would become stackable AND that the graphics were changing. Maybe, if these were in the same container, they all stacked together unintentionally. They have had some bugs this publish.

C

Connor_Graham

This is just a guess…. But they mentioned these would become stackable AND that the graphics were changing. Maybe, if these were in the same container, they all stacked together unintentionally. They have had some bugs this publish.
If they're supposed to be stackable then they messed something up. I just tried to stack mine and it wouldn't.

G

Gwenyth

I too can't stack the threads, new or old. But, I do have 2 different stacks of 2 each threads of life from my killings this morning...very strange. I tried to stack more of the new threads with them, but it doesn't work so I'm not sure why these threads randomly decided to stack together.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just went to grab 10 of each of the many Threads of Life & Fate that I have only to discover that a VERY large number of my threads obtained in Moonglow had been turned into Threads of Thought.

What's up with this Draconi and how many Threads of Life & Fate have now been turned into Thought that I now have to replace so I have enough for the future use of them? Heck, even the graphics for these things have changed.

Edit- After going through the various containers I had these stored in, it looks like I've lost almost all of my Threads of Fate which appear to have all been turned into Threads of Thought. It also appears that quite a few of my Threads of Life were similarly swtiched.

This is NOT the way to start an event out.
So, it turns out that many of the "old threads" had a bug where it didn't display the proper TID for the name, and most of them were listed as the wrong one.

Even though *functually* (double-clicking) they would be different, they all looked as though they were one thread when they were really another.

We fixed that in 56, since we found it while spawning the three threads for the new quests :)

We also changed the graphic to something visible in both 2D and KR.

Sorry for the confusion!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So, it turns out that many of the "old threads" had a bug where it didn't display the proper TID for the name, and most of them were listed as the wrong one.

Even though *functually* (double-clicking) they would be different, they all looked as though they were one thread when they were really another.

We fixed that in 56, since we found it while spawning the three threads for the new quests :)

Sorry for the confusion!
So what you're saying is, some threads should have been Displaying as Threads of Thought from the Moonglow event, but werent?

C

Connor_Graham

Sorry for the confusion!
Ok, so why is it that no one noticed that no Threads of Thought had spawned in Moonglow with all of the different threads here while it was going on and up until now? That particular one hasn't been seen in the game until today. I think that's something that someone should have caught onto before now.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what you're saying is, some threads should have been Displaying as Threads of Thought from the Moonglow event, but werent?
Right. Inside, as far as the code went, they *were* Threads of Thought, they just had the wrong title.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aha!
My *thoughts* are that this *thread* is *fate*d to have a short *life*.

Sorry, I know thats bad :p

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cast exorcism near forsaken souls several times and got no reaction from them, other than sometimes I was fighting them and doing zero damage. They just stand there.

Then I went to get the threads of thought quest. Cast exorcism sevaral times again even standing right on a forsaken soul. Still no reaction.

A friend reports the same experience trying for about an hour.

Is the forsaken soul bugged or am I doing something wrong?