• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

thoughts on mystic template

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I would like some input, thoughts on this.

120 mage
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Wrestle
120 Mystic
120 Focus

Just worried about not running any med in pvp ?

Comments/suggestions etc.. etc.. ?

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
55 LMC, I take it you are talking about studded leather ? I have not been active in a while but wouldn't you have to have mage armor on that, and sacrifice a slot per each piece ?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Studded only gets the LMC bonus when it's NOT mage armor.

You're better off with 55LMC than med, unless you simply need to stand in one spot and cast spells interminably.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
55 LMC, I take it you are talking about studded leather ? I have not been active in a while but wouldn't you have to have mage armor on that, and sacrifice a slot per each piece ?
No, the Mage Armor property is for it being 'medable' if you don't have Med you don't need medable.

Studded and bone armor will give 3 LMC (providing they're not Mage Armor) per piece. So get 5 of those in your suit and you get an extra 15 LMC, it doesn't take a slot.

You then just need to get 40 LMC as normal (using slots).

You can toggle the Mage Armor property on many items (including artifacts) at a cost of 250k by taking it to an NPC Mage Guildmaster.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Mage armor does matter for passive mana regeneration based on int, even if you have 0 medication skill. For a warrior running 25 int and a bunch of +mana it's hard to notice. For a mage with 150 int, you might see it... but you're still better off with LMC for a big mana dump.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Studded Leather it is. I doubt I will use 5 pieces though ;x I am currently using mace and shields for the head slot, and protector for the chest. so I more then likely end up with 4 pieces. Thanks for the info.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Can I ask why? (the Mace & Shields)

If you went with Anatomy instead of Wrestling you'd only need 100, for the same defence, and if you use a Crystalline Ring you'd have an extra 60 points to do something fun with. I'd be tempted to find more points and go Poisoning... the idea of Spell Plague combined with them struggling to Cure seems good.

Crimson Hawk Moth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The last time I played, it was a focused mage scribe/poisoning template, and I felt mana starved all the time. Basically I am looking for something with a little more room in the template as far as regen goes. This at least gives me focus. I am also thinking about dropping wrestling, swapping in 120 spellweaving, and running with a mage weapon.
Err I didn't mean Mace & Shields :c, Folded Steel rather.

Previous post I made hastily at work.

Last edited: