• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] THIS THURSDAY THANKSGIVING DAY @ MIDNIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am going. I think it's a huge over reaction.
We have all lost precious things in this game over time. Even stuff that is priceless to us.
Everyone here has spoken to him. Tried to touch base. Tried to share similar things that have happened to them.
Manticore lost a huge amount of rares.
Promathia lost almost (if not all) of his rubble
Lynk lost his collection at one point.
I have had items stolen from me. I have had stuff drop under my house and not have a GM come in time.
We've all had losses.

But instead of answering my ICQs he tells me to talk to "pampa" or "GG". Which one of you is GG? Someone tells me today he wants me to have an item as a gift. I cannot sell or give away the item because it's a gift. I think thank goodness he's giving away his favorite items instead of leaving them on the ground for scripters. I don't try to talk him out of leaving. I wanted to but he wouldn't answer me. I send messages often to Ivester. I've told him how much I admire him and told him how I cannot do what he does and how lucky he is to have the disposable income. He used to chat with me daily.
He stopped after a while. I don't know why. I thought we were pretty good friends. It made me sad. Then this happens. I reach out try to talk to him. He doesn't answer me. Someone else says they spoke with him for over an hour, so that tells me it's just me.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do Ivester. Know that your friendship meant more to me than any "gift". I hope your homes go to good people and not asshat scripters and money hungry thieves.

I guess I am a little bitter. Some people have so much and don't even see it. Ivester you have so much, you have SO MANY friends and people who care about you. Even if you aren't interested in my friendship, at least take theirs. The game is about the players. Hang on to those people who care about you. Play with them. Don't let the rotten apples ruin it for you.

If you want me to choose something I sent you a message of what I'd like. It's something I'd never be able to get otherwise.
Thank you for being you.

Last edited:

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why let anyone get in the way of something you enjoy. You are obviously passionate about rare's and collecting. Anything lost can be replaced in most instances, although it may take patience. Don't forget every dog has there day and the person/persons who have wronged you will get there's one day, its karma. You would be better off making your houses private and taking a breather for a month or two rather than letting the people who screwed you run some loot script getting more of your items. Anyway that's not very Cowboy like to throw in the towel when the games not over. ;)

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm GG flutter, whats up?

Me and AR are trying to talk him down while watching all the vulture's around his house circle and try to prey on him while he's down. Unfortunately I don't know if he is going to or not, it is unclear at this point. We are trying to take as much precaution as we can to preserve some of his items if he does drop it and eventually comes back and decides it was a bad idea..

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
It is an awfully humorous scene, isn't it?

No need to be so nasty though, I just want to see how it all turns out :(

I honestly doubt he will actually go through with it.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm GG flutter, whats up?

Me and AR are trying to talk him down while watching all the vulture's around his house circle and try to prey on him while he's down. Unfortunately I don't know if he is going to or not, it is unclear at this point. We are trying to take as much precaution as we can to preserve some of his items if he does drop it and eventually comes back and decides it was a bad idea..

I do not get the logic of whats going on here though. Malachi is stating he wishes/is going to drop the houses. But he has allowed you guys to build walls of bagballs/chests inside the home so you get the first crack at everything. I also do not think you really have the right to call anyone vultures when Ivester started this thread inviting everyone to attend the house dropping party.

Ivester- (1) Just give the items to your friends or (2) load all your rares into a castle and close the other accounts as 12 bucks a month for the next 2 years will not hurt you (I really think you should do this). But I cannot see the logic of inviting/informing all of us you are going to drop the homes, I am guessing 3am eastern on Thanksgiving night, if you are going to let 30 trial accounts stand behind walls of chests/bagballs and suck everything up.

No matter what happens it will go down as one of the oddest/epic/ heartbreaking/ things to happen in UO in a long time if not ever.

Again, Ivester I say put all your stuff into a castle and lets go play Everquest Next when it comes out..then when you come back to UO, as we always do, you will have your stuff.

Blood Ghoul

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously he is distraught about scam artists in this game. Those same people are most likely running in all the young toons to the house. We built up walls because all items we get if it does drop are ivester's. When he finally comes back around and realizes it was a mistake, he will get all items that we got given back to him. So basically we gave ourselves a five second window to get as much as possible back if this does in fact happen. He hasn't responded since about 5est today so I don't know what is going on. I will call every single person there a vulture because this kid is the nicest and most straight up person I've ever known in this game. To take advantage of him when he clearly is not thinking straight makes them way worse than a vulture but I am not allowed to use that terminology in this forum.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@ivester77 If you actually do this I'm going to be so mad that I'm going to drop My Fel yew gate castle along with my other fel brit castle, Luna north wall Stargate Vendor house and all my other Houses I own ......That are stuffed so full of IDOC loot that I have to use friends keep to sort stuff !!!!! :flame:COME ON POOKIE LETS BURN THIS GAME TO THE GROUND!!!!!!:yell:

Last edited:

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would wager to guess the majority of us who post/visit this forum would also give him back anything that we loot from his home. He has bought maybe 25 things from me in the past where he has bought BODs and then I have handed him the items. They are his as far as I am concerned.

If he wishes to give you all his items for safe keeping then so be it. But if he wishes to make it an event then he should remove all co-owners and then do as he decides. You cannot begrudge anyone from being there if he is inviting us all to attend..which he did.. No one is forcing him to drop these homes with well over 100 billion in rares inside. Again, I hope he just clears his co-owners/friends list.. Moves all his items to an account he started (not a re-sold account) and takes a break.

I will be honest and say I will be there if he drops them as planned. I will keep everything (again, since I do not script there is about zero chance I get anything anyhow except maybe some of the xmas boxes or vet statues) for him if/when he returns.

But Malachi-- if you are not going to do this there is no reason to have us all stay up until 3 am after eating 3 plates of turkey with all the trimmings. Heck if you were on the east coast you could stop by my place as I fry up a mean turkey!! No matter what "keep your long hair down and your middle finger up!!" (I found that to be a classic line and no matter what I will always remember you for it)

Blood Ghoul

Last edited:

Waxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hi Ivester,

i know that we do not know us personally, we never made a trade or anything but i think you make a terrible mistake. everybody is at the point where he or she loose something which is more or less valuable, for u it was a few hundred millions for me maybe 20 but this is based on the fact that we are dealing with completely different type of stuff.

i cannot even imaging how long it took and how much work it was to hunt down and collect so many pieces of UO history in really rare items but you should listen to your "friends" (at least this small circle of rares collectors look a bit like friends) don´t drop it, because you will regret it and these greedy peoples who are responsible for you loss have won.

lots of people (me included) stopped playing after something happened but this stupid UO don´t let you go so easily. (i came back after 8 years) i gave away all i had, i regret this each day since i came back as the prices in these 8 years went through the roof which makes it very hard to come back.

please listen to the people and store everything valuable in a house or 2 and take a break to find clear thoughts which consequences your "i drop all" will have and which kind of people will scriptloot your so historic and hard collected items to simple sell them for the highest bid and do not keep them honored and privileged which an owner of these shall be.

if i am just wrong and miss a point then i am sorry for this post, i´am not a rares collector because i´am not blessed with the possibility to collect these wonderful items.

please don´t drop your stuff.

regards
Waxx

Last edited:

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Waxx-- You absolutely can get into the rares market. I can give you three pieces of advice to start off: 1) create a character and attend the EM events. If you get a drop you can sell it to buy something else or keep it to start your collection. 2) Read this forum ALOT. Start learning the value of items and start watching vendor search. With all the IDOC's on Atlantic you will routinely come across items way overpriced but sometime you will find a steal that you can flip or add to your collection. And finally 3) start IDOC'n.

While not many of us will every reach the level of Malachi, and those who even dwarf his collection, you can get into the rares market and start enjoying what I think makes UO the best game out there.

Blood Ghoul

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wanna do something really epic with your rares? have nails or someone hold the world's biggest damn silent auction ever for you. no reserves or buyouts. 10 mil increments. then take all the gold and throw it in the trashcan and have the world's biggest damn gold sink ever.

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember when this happened to me and i was going to quit the game i had already un-subscribed my monthly fee started to clear my house and who was it i spoke to and made me see sense????...it was you @ivester77 we must have spoken in your house for 2 hours about what happened and that i was stupid to quit the game over 250m as in your words "250m is easy to get again" so please take your own advice friend if it wasn't for you i would have quit the game like i said i was going too. I know what i lost is a drop in the ocean to what you have had done to you but the feeling was the same please please please please come to your senses and don't quit the game you have many friends in this game and none of them want to see you go, forget ever one else's stupid idea about sell all don't sell anything give to your friend to take care of for you let them display them with every intention of you returning to us in what 1 month maybe even 12 month but they would still be there and your legacy would not be lost to scripters and dupers who would make an insane amount of gold on your behalf please think on it my friend i will send you a PM with my ICQ number incase you have my old one and i will keep popping on atl to try speak to you as i have done since this Msg was posted.

Drewster.

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course I hate to see anyone get so disgusted that they leave game over pixels, but, as someone who has/is watching to see if it happens, I am a Idoc'er. thats my gameplay, before you all go trolling this. I just want to say, I am amazed at some of the converstations Ive heard while hidden, and who they were from. Lets just say for some "upstanding collectors " I thought were above board, not scriptors, I was amazed, just goes to show, you can learn alot from stealthing. As far as the "young" accts circling, I have watched quite a few enter a private house, just sayin...
Bottom line, I agree, with the others, Malachi, put your shineys in your bank, amongt your chars, in your castle, keep that acct open, take a breather..and come back so I can pretend your house is the sears catalog wish book and drool like a kid in a candy store when you display it all again. :D

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I do not know Ivester at all. But seeing the amazing support from the community only leads me to feel one way about this.
-Why would you not give your homes and rares to friends? Why would you get so upset about this that you would throw it all away? If you and I where friends and you didn't ask or offer, I would be very offended. I may catch some grief from this, but I am just floored by his supposed actions.

It seems to me that your anger and distress has gotten to you, and that's a shame. I hope the future finds you in a better place. Take care of yourself, that is the most important thing. :) It is only a game after all.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I do not know Ivester at all. But seeing the amazing support from the community only leads me to feel one way about this.
-Why would you not give your homes and rares to friends? Why would you get so upset about this that you would throw it all away? If you and I where friends and you didn't ask or offer, I would be very offended. I may catch some grief from this, but I am just floored by his supposed actions.

It seems to me that your anger and distress has gotten to you, and that's a shame. I hope the future finds you in a better place. Take care of yourself, that is the most important thing. :) It is only a game after all.
It's okay. He was just lying to everyone and needed some attention. He only dropped one house which was emptied out, then proceeded to trash talk everyone who showed up, lol.

ggwp Ivester. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.