• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] THIS THURSDAY THANKSGIVING DAY @ MIDNIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivester77

Business. That's all it ever is...business.
Stratics Veteran
I AM SORRY FRIENDS BUT I AM A TARGET I LOST TO MUCH TO THIEVES AND JUST LOST A TON MORE STUFF TONIGHT AND IN FRONT OF AN ADVISORY NOTHING WAS DONE AND AGAIN IT IS PROBABLY MY FAULT I STILL OWN MANY MAN DESIRABLE RARES MORE THEN MOST OF AN AVRAGE COLLECTOR COULD COLLECT IN A LIFE TIME I OWN 11 CASTLES 4 18X18S AND 6 KEEPS AND 4 HOUSES PLOTTED WITH IN THE LUNA WALLS ALL ARE EXTREMLY AND I NEED OT SAY THAT AGAIN EXTREMELY LOADED BUT 4 OF THE HOUSES OWN MORE RARES AND RUBBLE THAT MOST PLAYERS COULD NEVER OWN IN THEIR LIFE TIME SO IF YOU ARE LOOKING IN THE MARKET FOR A HOUSE OF HUGE SIZE LIKE MY UNDER PARTS ASK DEAGANS GIRL FRIEND SHE CAN TESTIFY TO THAT. THIS THANKSGIVING NIGHT OR BLACK FRIDAY EARLY RISER WILL BE ONE FOR YOU TO NEVER FORGET. I WILL NOT GIVE NO MORE OR SELL NO MORE OR BUY NO MORE I AM GOING TO NOT BE SCAMMED OR MANIPULATED BY EVIL DOERS SUCH AS SOME THAT HAVE BULLSHITED TO ME LYED TO ME MADE ME FEEL SORRY FOR THEM IN THE PAST I AMGOING TO DROP EVERYTHING AT ONCE NO TIMER ALL AT ONCE SO DO YOUR RESEARCH FIND OUT WHERE MY RARES MY CASTLES MY LUNA HOUSES MY KEEPS MY RARES ARE LOCATED AND BE READY FOR AN UNBELIEVEBLE NIGHT
OHHH YEAGH AND TO ALL THAT RELIZE I CANT SPELL WELL **** YOU!!!!!! JOHHNY CARSON HAS LEFT THE BUILDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ivester msg me tell me what happened friend.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
This will be a better event than official EM Events...

#EMIvester2015

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Ivester,

If I can help in anyway, let me know man. Don't get rid of all of your rares man. Just take a breather and go enjoy real life. This happened to me many times before and I felt the same way you are feeling now man. Sorry this happened to you, friend. :(

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We have all felt that way at one time or another, but please don't get rid of all your rares. It would be better to just take a break from UO for a couple months, then decide what you want to do when you get back. If you still want to get rid of them, you can always sell them here instead of just throwing them all away.

I would hate to see you get rid of them and then regret it later on :(

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We have all felt that way at one time or another, but please don't get rid of all your rares. It would be better to just take a break from UO for a couple months, then decide what you want to do when you get back. If you still want to get rid of them, you can always sell them here instead of just throwing them all away.

I would hate to see you get rid of them and then regret it later on :(
As much as I want to see what kind of event you're cooking up, Captn is probably right. You might regret doing a blowout like that.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@ivester77 I have to ask... Considering that my auction ends Saturday night, and you've bid over 1.75 billion, yet you're announcing that you plan to drop all your houses/checks/etc on Friday night, do you still plan to honor your bids? I'd remind you that none of the folks auctioning items with me has done anything to harm you. We've all been there, and had items lost due to scams, thieves , or simply bugs. I myself lost two entire houses, maxed with items, when the dev team messed with houses back in August. The only thing you can do is take a deep breath and keep going. :)

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@ivestor77, if 200m is the reason you are doing this, I will simply give you 200m for you not to..

AND....promise to only click on items and choose Release, and if doing anything else major you make the house private, conduct your business and then open it.

I know you don't want to hear it but this all could have been prevented by being more careful on your part.

Daegan

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'll match that @ivester77 @Longtooths if that helps. I agree with most of the posters here - the guys on this forum aren't the guys out to cheat you, but rather are a nice support group for our rares addiction. Please dont do something in reaction/anger that you may regret. I'll gladly give you some of the tips I've followed religiously to keep all my stuff safe since I lost half a bil when I just came back. Let us help you, don't do anything rash without giving it some time.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hang in there Malachi!! There was a time when I was fed up with UO and left, letting it all drop. And I regret it to this day. I have taken breaks in the past but always keep my main account active.

Take all you favorite stuff--load it in your favorite castle-- keep that account active and drop the rest.

You'll thank me in 3 years when you return

Blood Ghoul

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Hang in there Malachi!! There was a time when I was fed up with UO and left, letting it all drop. And I regret it to this day. I have taken breaks in the past but always keep my main account active.

Take all you favorite stuff--load it in your favorite castle-- keep that account active and drop the rest.

You'll thank me in 3 years when you return

Blood Ghoul
Ditto! I can live without all the rares and such I lost when last I quit. I just wish I still had my runebooks of rare/inaccessible places. :p

Kingshore Dad

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel sorry for what happend to you but trust me you`re going to regret it and thats a 100%. Take a break do something different and give yourself the time to calm down. If you`re at the point that you wanna quit sell your rare and buy yourself shini real life stuff i recommend Lego Star Wars :D or donate the money do something creativ with it ;) or make your loved once presents in real life and/or uo.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dont rage quit... Seems silly, u spent all that time collecting and some ass stole from u and if im not mistaken seems like more than once??? As others said there are ways to avoid this basically 100% of the time. Also as others stated the way you are handling this just makes that asshat win and now knows that he/she can get alot more as well as when and where to be for it. So basically u loose and he/she wins. In the end u need to think about this a bit more. Do u really want that thief to become even more rich from ur goods? Cause thats whats going to happen as well as all the other scripting people out there. Just silly.... Take a break like others said or something other than this.

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I could add my 2 cents as well but it would be along the same lines as what has been said here. What i would like to know now is that if anyone has even spoke to @ivester77 . I would just hope that even if he decides to go thru with this wild idea that he was able to vent off to someone. That he was able to just talk and not justify what he was doing. I think there is more to this community than just rares. That there is a sense of compassion and comradery that goes beyond the pixels that becomes part of our play style. If @ivester77 is looking for someone to just chat with just hit me up. If you want to talk on the phone icq me and i'll share my phone # with ya. Just want to make sure you are doing ok bud.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Yes!!
I've been talking to Him... I Texted Him, i Emailed Him, been bugging him Non stop !!

He became a close friend to me and I can tell that Mr. Ivester have those Non Sense moments sometimes!!!
I am trying really Hard to show him that He is doing a mistake and will regret!!

I asked a lot of his buddies to talk to him as well @Nails Warstein , @Scribbles , @Olcher , @Orich , @Leonidas and SO many Others that will take pages to mention!!!

I told him, that many of us, one day or even more than one, got into the same situation, I even lost the contents of a lot of my houses and had all my toons deleted on 5 accounts because of EA and I am still here!!

Anyway, back in bugging him again 10x more times!!!!

I will keep you guys posted!

Last edited:

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
By Throwing all your hard work away and letting script looters & placers set up for your house drops only lets the scammers win. This will make them work that much harder to scam & make people mad so players do this & they can get even more richer by upsetting people. @ivester77 If You still Feel like you need to just wipe your hands of this game ...Take 1 month and do like a raffle for free & have certain numbers in books that when they give it back to you they win one the houses ....or just give them away to friends that wont sell them off. By dropping your houses and letting people instant place a lot the rares & deed form items will get destroyed forever. ...I know I'm not a big Forums guy or a huge rares seller I just a small time seller of houses and I try to be fair. This remind me of my Old Guild master Jaydin (R.I.P) he was like a 12 year vet and had never owned anything bigger than a 18x18 ..I helped him get a keep in spot he had an 18x18, I helped a good many people place houses & given advise & those are the time I really like this game. I too have been scammed and then later thought HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO STUPID! Realize this even if you leave those dirtball scammer will still be here. Its a Live and learn lesson Friend. If Even after all of your friends Pleeding You still Want to go through with this. I suggest you get with @Scribbles and talk to him on how to secure your houses from being instantly placed and placed Poofable rares in secured crates ...do it at a time when normal player can be on not at a time only us hardcore idocers will be on.

from a guy that sold you a house ..... I hope you don't go through with this and reconsider your options

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't begrudge anyone who goes to this, but I am boycotting this event. The entire thought of it makes me severely ill. I lost an entire museum on Europa 6 years ago worth well over 25 billion gold in rares. I tried to find and collect the unique items I lost, but failed to find most of them.

Here is an old post of me trying to find the missing rares, and if anyone reading it has these items let me know, thank you!
http://community.stratics.com/threads/items-from-my-former-europa-museum.293065/

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
@Nails Warstein

I tried for over Hours, I spoke with Him, I text Him, I did everything possible!!
I asked a lot of his friends like you, @Longtooths , @Scribbles , @Alexander of ATL. @Pampa DH and so many others, to talk to @ivester77 and tell him that He is doing a mistake, but He wont listen, He want to Drop all, He want to give to those that stole from him everything, they are already camping on all his houses waiting... I did my part, I tried almost everything and Like Ivester said, "Its all his Stuff and He do whatever He want"
and He want to drop all....so be it

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’ve spoken to @Ivestor77 and have reached the same result as Atlantic Realtor. This morning I told Ivestor that I do not want anything and will accept no gifts from him. If he wants to give me a gift, it would be for him to get over this minor set back and stay in the game.

*I know others have been offered parting gifts from Ivestor. It is my hope that you all will follow suit. Perhaps if he has no one willing to accept his items/houses he will be forced to reconsider.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure most of us have lost something through operations from shady people. as long as the game allows for exploitation then their will always be someone to try and capitalize on it. there are some fairly easy solutions to cut down on the problems that need to be implemented into the game. creating the "retrieve" option was a great option, but it only fixes one half of the problem. they need to make an option through the house sign options to auto-secure anything that is placed in the house (an EM recently told me that anything he creates and is set down anywhere is instantly locked there to prevent unintentional rares from getting out, so the system already exists for it, it just needs to be house optioned.) Another easy fix is to be able to make checks in far larger increments. With rares selling into the billions of gold now it is always a risk in trading them because of the system involved. there is absolutely no reason to have to buy multiple items from a vendor and then rely on trust to make the trade, as is there should be no requirement for a broker to be used to create trust. the seams in the game need tightened to create a safer environment for players and their collectibles. As for Ivester's current situation, all i have to add is that this game is very nostalgic. People get rid of their rares and quit and come back all the time (i've sold my collection twice now) and always look back at what they had and wish they still had it. If this is something you want to do then i at least recommend waiting a little while longer to think about it.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Looks up from his tome as something from the normal buzz of the Tavern has caught his ear*

*Kicks out the chair next to him by the fire and motions for his old friend Malachi to take a seat*

We have all had some expensive lessons over the years, some we have had to learn more than once.

When everything is all said and done we are not really here for the various pixels we collect and stash in our castles across the lands. They would all be worthless without our friends, competitors, and community to share them and the adventures with.

While frustrating your adventures, stories, success and failures are all part of what makes us a community. Clearly that community values you regardless of your collection. The Collection in itself is a bonus for the stories it provides.

Sit with me for a spell and warm yourself by the fire. No need to rush off into the nights frigid air. I know the perfect drink to relax you my friend.

*Motions the Tavern Keeper over*

Please let's crack that cask of Good Old Moonglow Red, you know the dusty one I put behind the barrels for safe keeping.

*Flips the tavern Keeper a Gold coin and flashes a knowing grin at his friend Malachi and offers him some of his Vesper Tabac for his pipe*

Last edited:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading all the posts here just confirms even more how much the rares community is an awesome group of people. We all have our passion for these little pixels we call collectibles.This is what makes this game even though its ancient still one of the best multi player games out there on the market.
To the original poster just take a look at the responces you have recieved and think about the whole situation. You may have lost some pixels but have gained a lot of support from players around the world, most of which you have never meet in real life. To me that's something to think about before you quit the game, your angry I get it, I think most of us at one time or another have been angry or bored with this game. My advice is just to keep everything as it is now and take a few weeks off from the game and see how you feel after the break. If you decide to keep playing talk with some of the rare collectors for advice on how to best protect yourself from future espisodes that you recently experianced.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Great to hear he has changed his mind and isn't throwing everything away! :)

ivester77

Business. That's all it ever is...business.
Stratics Veteran
this still going to happen friends i will be posting a public statement on stratics.com rares forum @12 midnight tonight. This will give you more information about what is going to happen this black Friday concerning my belongings and my part of uo history that i hold in my possession.

thank you
l l M

Thor VII

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this still going to happen friends i will be posting a public statement on stratics.com rares forum @12 midnight tonight. This will give you more information about what is going to happen this black Friday concerning my belongings and my part of uo history that i hold in my possession.

thank you
l l M
:(

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

thank you
l l M
NOOOOS
ALLS YOOS STUFFS WILL BEES ONA DA GROUND, NONE WILL TAKES IT, CAUSE MEES GUNNA PEES ALL OBER IT

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I still hope u stay please. this will be a joke with all the script looters, I thought about leaving cause nothing done about all the cheating

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Walk away, take a breath.. hit the gym... **** the scammers and the low life scum that inhabit the game and keep it real. Do not do anything drastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.