• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This is getting absurd! Out of control censorship on the "official" UO boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
These are the "official boards of UO" are they not?

How do you justify running the boards like this? I've seen at least 20 posts taken down in the last 24 hours, as far as I can tell, none have violated the rules of the forums, they just go against the desires of the moderators.

This isn't going away, time to face the music and handle this like adults or do we need the actual UO devs to come in and say they give up on Stratics completely?

Seems like some folks are trying to bring the whole ship down with them.

What a shame.

Clops

Sage
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dread Lord
These aren't official UO boards. Broadsword has no say or control over what happens here. Stratics is an independent entity.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Need to set a date and everyone on that date just quit coming here...when the ad revenue dries up then someone who wants to run a forum for everyone and every view (not just :cheerleader:) can pick it up cheap maybe...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I respect your opinion man, but I don't see how this is productive.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just trying to be neutral here, as neutral as I can be being the main admin of UOForums, but from what I understand, Stratics is not an official forum for UO. That status was lost a while back.

As far as censorship, that's the right of a private company owning a forum. First amendment rights do not apply. They can do as they wish, whether or not individuals like it. It is what it is. You can continue using them or go elsewhere. No one is forcing you to stay and continue use of the forums.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
As far as I have seen nothing deleted had anything to do with playing ultima online.

You know things that would or should be on the official game forums...

Let's everyone take a chill pill and act like adults.

The board said they are formulating their response after reviewing everything. They all have full time jobs just like the ret of us.

In addition they lifted all the bans for you while they worked through all this.

Have some respect for the rest of us on the boards and let the process take its course

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
As far as I have seen nothing deleted had anything to do with playing ultima online.

You know things that would or should be on the official game forums...

Let's everyone take a chill pill and act like adults.

The board said they are formulating their response after reviewing everything. They all have full time jobs just like the ret of us.

In addition they lifted all the bans for you while they worked through all this.

Have some respect for the rest of us on the boards and let the process take its course
Since when do all posts in UHall have to do with solely with UO gameplay? This whole fiasco started because some members of the community couldn't discuss UO gameplay here without being unfairly treated (ie. all the "Hot turds"/"undesirables" that wanted to talk about pvp issues)

Further, this has been going on for almost 3 days, how long does it take to formulate a response? This is a gaming website, they're not making a presidential address....All I've seen is them saying they were quoted out of context, if they having nothing to hide, it should be pretty darn easy to explain what that wider context was.

Lastly, I'll just point out the irony of "showing respect" to the admins when they've clearly shown just how much they respect some members of this community.

Allycat

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It's about time that people stop freaking out because their every thought that they express might not stay up forever on the stratics forum. Before everyone casts stones perhaps it would be a good idea to look at yourself and see if you are a "common denominator" or one that consistently over time stirs the pot. If you are such a person then maybe it is your behavior that needs to change and not the moderators who are trying to keep an even keel on many levels.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Since when do all posts in UHall have to do with solely with UO gameplay? This whole fiasco started because some members of the community couldn't discuss UO gameplay here without being unfairly treated (ie. all the "Hot turds"/"undesirables" that wanted to talk about pvp issues)

Further, this has been going on for almost 3 days, how long does it take to formulate a response? This is a gaming website, they're not making a presidential address....All I've seen is them saying they were quoted out of context, if they having nothing to hide, it should be pretty darn easy to explain what that wider context was.

Lastly, I'll just point out the irony of "showing respect" to the admins when they've clearly shown just how much they respect some members of this community.
No friend this didn't all start because people wanted to talk about pvp issues.

Yes they made a few statements that they would review erverything and get you an expanded answers. In the mean time rl work and having to deal constantly with all the posts takes time away from that for them.

They already provided their olive branch by lifting the bans and as a result people things it gives them free reign to beat up the board more over this instead of getting their side of the story. They could have just as easily left all the bans in place while they did their review.

Now all that being said. Let's move back to our game discussions. Let them review it and get an answer properly to the community.

Like I said the bans were lift with respect. Have some respect for them while they get you a solid response and quit wasting their time with posts that make no headway in the process.

This board from what I have seen tends to spend time discussing all the options and reviewing in depth the results of any action before taking an action. That is a good thing

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
It's about time that people stop freaking out because their every thought that they express might not stay up forever on the stratics forum. Before everyone casts stones perhaps it would be a good idea to look at yourself and see if you are a "common denominator" or one that consistently over time stirs the pot. If you are such a person then maybe it is your behavior that needs to change and not the moderators who are trying to keep an even keel on many levels.
And how do we define "stirring the pot"?

Is posting persistently about issues you care about, but the majority of posters don't, stirring the pot? I know I had several of my threads about getting reds town bonuses locked and deleted because they were "going to turn into trollfests" or something along those lines...

However, people posting about not getting Valentines Day gifts, that didn't seem to be stirring the pot, that seemed to be treated as healthy, sanctioned discussion...

It's treatment like that which is why we need more transparency and more open discussions allowed.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with @Lord Nabin , let's wait for the official response on this. We all know part of the bans were justifiable, however at the same time they were not in the best interest of this site. Now i'm getting tired of this lag and i'm sure everyone trying to give there 2 cents is not helping! Let's wait

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
No friend this didn't all start because people wanted to talk about pvp issues.

Yes they made a few statements that they would review erverything and get you an expanded answers. In the mean time rl work and having to deal constantly with all the posts takes time away from that for them.

They already provided their olive branch by lifting the bans and as a result people things it gives them free reign to beat up the board more over this instead of getting their side of the story. They could have just as easily left all the bans in place while they did their review.

Now all that being said. Let's move back to our game discussions. Let them review it and get an answer properly to the community.

Like I said the bans were lift with respect. Have some respect for them while they get you a solid response and quit wasting their time with posts that make no headway in the process.
I don't get how you can look at those screenshots of their private conversation and say that those bans were handed out with respect...

They acted as Judge, Jury, and Execution and tried to do it all in secret...

They were outed, it blew up in their faces, and now they're trying to reverse course and pretend things can go on as usual. I find it hard to see any sincerity there.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
And how do we define "stirring the pot"?

Is posting persistently about issues you care about, but the majority of posters don't, stirring the pot? I know I had several of my threads about getting reds town bonuses locked and deleted because they were "going to turn into trollfests" or something along those lines...

However, people posting about not getting Valentines Day gifts, that didn't seem to be stirring the pot, that seemed to be treated as healthy, sanctioned discussion...

It's treatment like that which is why we need more transparency and more open discussions allowed.
Im always down to talk about pvp, but railing against censorship probably won't get it or this thread very far.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Alright here I go.
There are several of us on staff that have absolutely nothing to do with recent events. There are also several people within the community who do not want to come to uhall and see 10+ threads about the same topic. I understand some people are upset and want answers, and I understand that those answers are taking longer than desired. Continuing to come here and reopen closed topics saying the SAME THINGS over and over and over and over again is not helping anyone at all. Last nights thread is still visible. Everyone is intimately aware of the situation at hand. Now I ask that you please stop making our jobs harder by hurting the people who have done nothing wrong. Please wait for the answers that are coming. This is not the appropriate way to handle this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.