• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

This forum is dead

Daymar

Visitor
So are there any of us left?
And if there is anyone around Siege in Barter Town please PM me. I am looking to hook up with some like minded individuals.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stealing in this game is dead. the skill lost all of its inherent worth with trammel and insurance. the skill is a solo only skill now. sad.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This forum is actually less dead than it appears to be, people still read it but for some reason nobody posts anymore. This thread has been read by 28 people (including some thieves) yet only Scribbles commented for some reason. Screenshot below for proof (it also names each person who read it so it isn't just one person reading it 28 times).

Untitled.png

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Lol hiding. See now what's the skills you use as a thief that makes you wanted in barter town?

Bliss

Adventurer
This forum actually gave me a very cool idea for an event on my shard. Thievery has changed so much since the days it was first introduced. I think more people created a thief just to steal artifacts vs for the actual thrill of it. I still remember Yew MG. I'd steal small items of value just for the thrill of the chase.

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i loved thieving before insurance and trammel days..

i remember following people to there houses and stealing there key from them... or u hear someone talking about buying a house and follow them to the carpenter shop to steal there house deed after they purchase it.. the rush of being sneaky and stealthy.. i also had a tank thief so when someone would attack me after i stole one of there items i would take them out with my trusty kryss and deadly poison and then loot there whole body.. ahh the good old times.

only thing to steal now is artifacts that are not even worth the time to steal. stealing is dead for me. :sigh:

DungHook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Now that is depressing:

I got a little bored killing stuff,,, read a few articles on uo thief and thought, I should re-start my thief!

Maybe Stealth around fell to see if I could survive snooping the bad guy's.

Came here for some advice.... D@# Depressing.

I'm not dist'ing you'all. I just got here 10 years to late.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This forum has been near death since the Stratics administrators removed me as the forum moderator. Apparently a dead forum is better than a moderator who actually promoted the profession. *shrugs* ...la

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that is depressing:

I got a little bored killing stuff,,, read a few articles on uo thief and thought, I should re-start my thief!

Maybe Stealth around fell to see if I could survive snooping the bad guy's.

Came here for some advice.... D@# Depressing.

I'm not dist'ing you'all. I just got here 10 years to late.
I don't think any time is too late for thieving! People always are here to advise. The only question is, "What do you have in your backpack?" Ha!